Call of Duty 4

Paddis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Paddis

So, for the second time in my life I finally beat CoD 4. Again. Was it hard? No. Did it take long? Nope.  

The problem about CoD 4 is that I beat it in less than 10 hours. If you've completed the game yourself you might not be so suprised, but for the people who haven't, it's really short. It's not only short, but it's really easy too. Sure, there were moments where the game got really difficult and/or frustrating, such as the scenes with dogs. I usually love dogs, but I hate the in CoD 4 since you basically have to melee them to death before they attack you. The problem is if 2-3 dogs attack you at the same time and you're only able to melee one of them at a time and once you're finished with the first one, the second one kills you. Of course, you can shoot them to death, but the problem then becomes that they're too fast. Another problem I had with the game is when you're squadmembers just stand around and tell you that the enemy is firing at you, or that you're running out of time when you have the timer right in front of you. Please, don't tell me obvious things and act smart when you're not doing anything to help me. 

The game isn't all bad, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have played it through twice. It's got awesome missions that take you around the world and you'll get to play different characters. During one mission, you actually go back in time a few years and play through what happened then which in turn explains some things about the characters in the game, which makes them a lot more personal. The graphics look good, but not spectacular and I would've liked to see a bit more color. The game features some really nice weapons and the enviroments are varied. 

Do I recommend buying the game? Yes. Should you pay full price? No, it's too short.

Paddis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Paddis

So, for the second time in my life I finally beat CoD 4. Again. Was it hard? No. Did it take long? Nope.  

The problem about CoD 4 is that I beat it in less than 10 hours. If you've completed the game yourself you might not be so suprised, but for the people who haven't, it's really short. It's not only short, but it's really easy too. Sure, there were moments where the game got really difficult and/or frustrating, such as the scenes with dogs. I usually love dogs, but I hate the in CoD 4 since you basically have to melee them to death before they attack you. The problem is if 2-3 dogs attack you at the same time and you're only able to melee one of them at a time and once you're finished with the first one, the second one kills you. Of course, you can shoot them to death, but the problem then becomes that they're too fast. Another problem I had with the game is when you're squadmembers just stand around and tell you that the enemy is firing at you, or that you're running out of time when you have the timer right in front of you. Please, don't tell me obvious things and act smart when you're not doing anything to help me. 

The game isn't all bad, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have played it through twice. It's got awesome missions that take you around the world and you'll get to play different characters. During one mission, you actually go back in time a few years and play through what happened then which in turn explains some things about the characters in the game, which makes them a lot more personal. The graphics look good, but not spectacular and I would've liked to see a bit more color. The game features some really nice weapons and the enviroments are varied. 

Do I recommend buying the game? Yes. Should you pay full price? No, it's too short.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Multiplayer? Did you even consider this? Because, half the people who buy that game don't even touch the single player. The multiplayer will give you 50 hours of gameplay easily. Assuming you unlock all the attachments and go up to 55.\ 

But ya the single player is short, but so well done, its worth full price.
Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

I bought it day one and still play the multiplayer. Your recommendation is flawed, therefore invalid.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Psyx2

I got it for I think $30, but I would have gladly payed more. The single player is short, yes, but I'd take a short campaign over a bad one any day. The missions were really fun and challenging at the same time, and the story was great. I've sunk about 3 days of actual time playing the multiplayer, and I'm still playing it.

The graphics are detailed and the lighting effects are great, but I agree about the color.

Paddis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Paddis

If I'd wanted to play only the game online I wouldn't have played through the singleplayer campaign. I do enjoy playing games online, but not that much. The problem that I have with the game is that it shouldn't give you a singleplayer experience that, while it's good, doesn't last more than a few hours. If I wanted to play an online shooter I wouldn't pay full price for a game like CoD 4 which should be primarily focused on singleplayer. 

I did not write about the multiplayer however, I wrote about the singleplayer, and what my opinions are about it. And while many people like to play games online, a lot don't, and I don't think that those people should pay full price for a game that lasts only a few hours, even though it might be really good. I think you can spend your money better buying another game that is somewhat longer. Feel free to agree or disagree.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I agree with you, I don't play multiplayer and I only rented the game when it came out a while ago. Thankfully I never bought it. To be honest I don't remember much about the storyline. I just remember something about a plane crashing...? To me, because I hate CoD online, it's definitely not worth full price.

cooger10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cooger10

play it on veteran. It ain't so easy then