Can I post pictures of themes and gamer pics on my website?

renegadegd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renegadegd

I Know this is a random question for giant bomb, but ill ask anyways... 

I am interested in starting a website that offers previews for content that is on Microsoft’s Xbox marketplace.

So for example, u can buy themes and gamer pictures that display on your Xbox. Unfortunately you can’t preview these themes or gamer pictures before you buy them. I would like to have a section on my website that shows pictures of all these themes &gamer pictures so people can see if they like them before buying them.

So I wanted to know if I would be fine showing pictures & content like this, or would I get in trouble with Microsoft as its paid content?    

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xMP44x

I'm not sure, but it sounds like an awesome idea. Try Googling it and see if anyone's tried it before, or Microsoft have a policy for this sort of stuff. If you do decide to make a site or something, definitely PM me the link. I'd be interested in seeing it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'd imagine it all comes under fair use laws. And if MS disapprove, all they'll send you is a cease & desist notice, which essentially is them saying "Stop or we'll sue you". Then you just stop, and there will be no problems.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Origina1Penguin

You would not get in trouble.  There was an old NeoGAF thread of people doing just that.  MS probably just can't be bothered to show you a preview of the several backgrounds and items associated with each theme.  I don't know if they're being lazy or dumb, but I think they would sell more if there were previews.