can you all help support my website!

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrhankey

(this is not a website designed to compete with Giant Bomb)

If you all could help me, i'd like to start building a user base for my website before it goes live on July 14th of 2009. So please, visit the temporary forums setup, start discussing, look at the announcements, and tell me what you all think!

http://n2.nabble.com/The-Symposium-f1688382.html

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Dude

What exactly is this site going to be, I went to the temporary forumm thing but I could see nothing explaining the goal the site was going to try to accomplish.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Player1
Levio91 said:
"If you help mine.
http://keevu.webs.com/ all made in html
"
I doubt you wrote that in code, and if you did, it was stupid. Considering the resources you have today to make websites.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

Seems like the Op made the equivalent of Home; A place to play no real purpose, sorry you gotta offer more, I ain't going.

And for the second poster, I made a website like that (code tech wise) in middle school for a school project after only one month of learning how to code html in school. I don't even want to go to my old webpages anymore just cause the overall coding was that sucky. shit like that ain't gonna cut it; you're better off linking a my space page or something.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Hey man, I got everything I need here. GiantBombers stick together 4 LIFE yo!

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By The_Dude
Levio91 said:
"StaticFalconar said:
"Seems like the Op made the equivalent of Home; A place to play no real purpose, sorry you gotta offer more, I ain't going.

And for the second poster, I made a website like that (code tech wise) in middle school for a school project after only one month of learning how to code html in school. I don't even want to go to my old webpages anymore just cause the overall coding was that sucky. shit like that ain't gonna cut it; you're better off linking a my space page or something."
Its got a ton of useful stuff for people who use rpg maker xp.... did you even look at this page? Link.
And my site doesnt have advertisements, its nonprofit unlike myspace."
You could make a more functional and aesthetically pleasing site using even dreamweaver...I also guarantee that it would take much less time to make it in Dreamweaver.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Lies
Levio91 said:
"The_Dude said:
"Levio91 said:
"StaticFalconar said:
"Seems like the Op made the equivalent of Home; A place to play no real purpose, sorry you gotta offer more, I ain't going.

And for the second poster, I made a website like that (code tech wise) in middle school for a school project after only one month of learning how to code html in school. I don't even want to go to my old webpages anymore just cause the overall coding was that sucky. shit like that ain't gonna cut it; you're better off linking a my space page or something."
Its got a ton of useful stuff for people who use rpg maker xp.... did you even look at this page? Link.
And my site doesnt have advertisements, its nonprofit unlike myspace."
You could make a more functional and aesthetically pleasing site using even dreamweaver...I also guarantee that it would take much less time to make it in Dreamweaver."
Oh cool that looks interesting. Cant blame me for not knowing programs like that exist. Are there any freeware imitations?"
Dreamweaver isn't free, though a 30 day trial is available over at Adobe with full functionality. It will lock out after a month though if you don't purchase a license.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar

ok first of all, never said your webpage had no substance (rpg maker) but rather it is poorly coded hence some other poster suggested other programs. Second, seeing as how you lack the tools and now you know coding a webpage using nothing but html on a notepad isn't going to cut it; i actually rather suggest you place all your important info here. (its the wiki for that program, also nonprofit)

That is of course if you don't mind having traffic directly not aimed at your own personal website, but is still doing it only because you are truly passionate about the program and want to help others out. Yes that page has commercials and its in a wiki format, but others can expand on what you do, and if you have enough to offer, you would be a valuable member of that wiki page. You do of course lose out on seeing the pride in having your own webpage and taking sole credit; but its clear that you're not willing to spend much money on this, and despite all the good info, you need to either learn to code better or follow somebody else's format using thier template code.

Yes I did go to your site hence the comment on our shitty programming that is equivalent of a webpage I made on notepad way back in middle school. Not trying to flame at you too hard or anything here, but I was seriously LMAO at the thought that somebody would be proud of that kind of programming. the only way I would go to any website coded like that is for the sake of my personal friends and family that has made a site for fun and shouldn't be taken seriously. But this is the real world and I don't personally know you Levio91, so I cannot be that kind to you. (just take enough offense to undertand you gotta change the site, but not so much that you think I personally hate you or something).

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TheGamerGeek

no