• 61 results
#1 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Can you cook?
(Microwave, toaster and adding water to a sachet do not count)

#2 Posted by KarlPilkington (2656 posts) -

I can grill and fry bacon. That's all I need.

#3 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Can cook, cant bake.

#4 Posted by SMTDante89 (2478 posts) -

I can take things out of the fridge and follow the directions on the bag/box on how to cook them in an oven, does that count?

#5 Posted by harinosho (588 posts) -

anyone can cook.. just got to have the recipe

#6 Posted by Deadmanforking (559 posts) -

Yes. Its somthing I enjoy doing. I cook around 90% of the meals in my house, parents work to around 7/8 oclock, so when I get home from Uni I like to cook a nice meal for everyone. Its very relaxing IMO.

#7 Posted by AlexW00d (6065 posts) -

I can cook sure, cooking is easy. Creating meals though, that shit's hard. I don't know what goes with what to make something that works. Thankfully anyone with 2 brain cells can follow a recipe from a book, so I am saved.

#8 Posted by Subjugation (4694 posts) -

Sure can. Like @AlexW00d: said though, the hard part comes when you are trying to create the idea for a meal, not the actual cooking. Microwave/toaster food won't ever compare to a real cooked meal.

#9 Posted by crusader8463 (14326 posts) -

Yup, but I rarely do it. I never have the ingredients/time/motivation to cook anything more complex then throwing it in the oven or waiting for water to boil.

#10 Posted by James_ex_machina (896 posts) -

I can cook. I'm not a box meal(hamburger helper type stuff) guy, I actually cook.
I do not bake.

#11 Posted by _Horde (838 posts) -

I can cook some things. I find it quite enjoyable to make food so that helps the learning process.

#12 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I can, now, but I find it really boring so I don't do it often.

#13 Posted by StarvingGamer (7581 posts) -

I love cooking. Most of my time on weekdays is spent being dad so I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner every night.

I just hate doing dishes o_O

#14 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I try but the results are really inconsistent.

#15 Posted by Ursus_Veritas (383 posts) -

I cook all the time, I love it. Either finding recipes to try, or tweaking something I already know how to make to try something new! I bake too, but I'm a bit more hit and miss with with that. I tend to stick to a few recipes that I know when I bake, relatively simple sponges and cheesecakes and stuff, I have a habit of messing up otherwise.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (12986 posts) -

I'm eating some vegetable stir-fry with grilled chicken right now that's better than just about any Chinese restaurant I've eaten at. 

...of course, when the main technique is "boil down all this delicious, delicious soy sauce", that isn't hard.

#17 Posted by Lumley (928 posts) -

I can follow instructions so.. yes.

I'm learning how to cook at the moment because I'm a uni fresher... although cheap pizza's and ready meals seem to be the way forward at the moment.

#18 Posted by SpencerTucksen (423 posts) -

I can bake well, but then again....since I have a penis, everyone makes fun of me for it. But hey, baked goods are fucking delicious, and you know they are.

#19 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

I learned to cook at an early age due to my parents working unusual hours and neither being home when I arrived from school. Presently, I cook a LOT due to working out and I am very, very strict with what I eat so it's easier for me to cook my own food.

#20 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

I cook and bake a lot. I can also make a damn good cheesecake despite the fact that I'm no massive fan of it (see my bio for the recipe). I don't get much opportunity to do it much with college work and all though.

#21 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Yes, I cook over 90% of what I eat in a week. Typically healthy stuff, lots of lean proteins, lots of produce and good clean carbs.

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5122 posts) -

I can, but it usually doesn't end well.

#23 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

Of course I do. I love to eat so I learned how to cook.

#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Duh.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14388 posts) -

kind of, i don't cook a lot. microwave is my friend of mine. 

last thing that i made was fried pickles. it came out pretty good. it was also easy to make. 
you just need some whipped eggs
break crumbs
dip the pickle into the egg
dip it into break crumbs
put it in a pan with oil 
wait until it's golden brown and they're done.

#26 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I have a repertoire of maybe 10 dishes that i can cook, but out side that i am useless.

#27 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Can you cook? (Microwave, toaster and adding water to a sachet do not count)

I just made butter raisin cinnamon bread. It was amazing first i toasted it then i spread the normandy butter all over it mmmmmmmmmm

#28 Posted by Meltbrain (2966 posts) -

I do a pretty mean cheese pasta bake with sausage, bacon, sweet peppers, tomato and chili sauce and a bit of cayenne pepper. With hella cheese, of course. Nom.

And err... That's mostly it. I can cook an omelette! :D

#29 Posted by mikey87144 (1493 posts) -

Started in college and now I like doing it.

#30 Posted by BaneFireLord (2880 posts) -

I can make eggs. And I can follow the directions on a packet of Ramen.

#31 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

Give me a recipe and I'm sure I'll get through it but I wouldn't call myself a top chef.

#32 Posted by mosespippy (3759 posts) -

Yes I can cook. I can tell measurements by eyeballing it. I use fresh ingredients so I walk to the grocery store every couple days. It's quite relaxing.

#33 Posted by rbanke (191 posts) -

My wife doesn't (shouldn't ever) cook. I cook dinner every night.

#34 Posted by CornBREDX (4459 posts) -

Yes although I usually don't have time these days so I just microwave stuff or eat out

#35 Posted by hoossy (932 posts) -

I love to make pizzas from scratch.

Trying new recipes, especially with friends, is a lot of fun.

#36 Posted by DuskVamp (679 posts) -

I like to try new recipes now and then, but I don't really enjoy cooking. I get bored and impatient, usually end up snacking while I'm waiting and filling myself up, or eating it when its not quite done yet. I do enjoy baking though.

#37 Edited by BigLemon (1022 posts) -

I used to be a chef. I cook pretty much every day, still.

#38 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

According to my ladyfriend, yes. I actually find it quite amusing.

#39 Posted by pixieface (122 posts) -

I can... cook, yes. I also know of fifteen different poisons that grow right in this very forest.

I like baking the best. Nothing better than smelling fresh bread in the oven or having warm cookie made from scratch.

#40 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

I think cooking is one of my only redeeming features. : )

#41 Posted by Clonedzero (3747 posts) -

i can cook i guess. nothing super great, but its alright.

#42 Posted by Rudyftw (554 posts) -

I love microwave burritos.

THATS ALL I NEED TO LIVE.

#43 Posted by Gamer_152 (13976 posts) -

I can only cook very basic stuff.

#44 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I will say..sort of and leave it at that

#45 Posted by BlinkyTM (1054 posts) -

I can cook eggs, macaroni (Just Macaroni, no sauce :D), and burnt stuff. That exhausts my cooking abilities. I'm too impatient and stuff to cook.

#46 Posted by SirDancelot (79 posts) -

I can cook well, picked up a lot from parents and then working in and around kitchens for about 5 years. Stealing from others is the key to success I've found. I find it very relaxing to cook, and there's usually a good payoff too. I don't really dig baking, requires too much patience and not enough room for improv IMO.

#47 Edited by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

@SirDancelot said:

I can cook well, picked up a lot from parents and then working in and around kitchens for about 5 years. Stealing from others is the key to success I've found. I find it very relaxing to cook, and there's usually a good payoff too. I don't really dig baking, requires too much patience and not enough room for improv IMO.

This. Part of the joy of cooking is being able to tweak different things.

My stir fry is clinically tested to cure all sickness.

#48 Posted by JaredA (806 posts) -

I can make a mean cup o' noodle.

#49 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9789 posts) -

Nope! Well, I know how to use a George Foreman grill, but that's arguably easier than using a microwave.

#50 Posted by lotusflower85 (2 posts) -

I can cook, but my current kitchen doesn't lend well to it. So instead I stalk this website full of amazing recipes for cooking and baking, and even some recipes for special dietary needs.

You must check out www.tastespotting.com