Can you recommend some stupid "reality" shows?(e.g.storage wars)

cocabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cocabis

I'm already familiar with hoarders and storage wars so something similar would be great, what does the giant bomb community watch?

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Morrow

I don't watch reality shows. They'd only make my IQ drop.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

Most reality shows like these are stupid, just look at the ones on the channels those are on to find others like them in equal stupidity levels (or look at the reality shows on the main tv networks of ABC/NBC/ect.).

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Benny

Follow Ryan's twitter for this kind of info. He's crazy for 'Bait Car' atm.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Dance Moms

dredavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dredavis

The World's Worst Tenants. It starts on June 12th, I think. It got heavily advertised on Spike during their E3 streams and, God it looks fake and stupid, but fun.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VierasTalo

Stupid? You need to watch some Flavor of Love. Season 2 starts with an episode where some woman takes a huge dump on Flavor Flav's staircase, then Flav comes in wearing a viking helmet and shouts about who the fuck shat on his staircase.

Comedy gold.

cocabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cocabis

@Benny: thank you!

@ShaqPBear: also thank you, watching the first episode right now.

@DreDavis: that sounds terrific

@VierasTalo: WAT??? I need that right now!

Scott757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scott757

I always find myself watching HARDCORE PAWN and "Impractical Jokers" on TrueTV. Also Auction Hunters on SpikeTV

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Cloudenvy

Why would you do this to yourself?!

cocabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cocabis

@Cloudenvy: well I'm not gonna watch the kardashians or whatever, but these shows are just silly fun

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@mircica: Pawn stars is pretty good, I guess.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By penguindust

Well, there's Pawn Stars. It's got a good cast which is a must for these types of shows. The geezer is the best one of the bunch because all he does is insult the other pawn shop guys.

For a bottom feeder there's Lizard Lick Towing. That one's about repossession guys (and a gal). There have been accusations that it's entirely staged, which might be true, but it can still be entertaining if you're looking to laugh at its absurdity.

There are a couple of Storage War wannabes out there, too; Storage Hunters and Baggage Battles. Plus, there's Auction Hunters, too. It's a bit different than the Storage Wars format, but the idea is similar.

Finally, it's not quite as dumb as the ones above, but History Channel also airs Swamp People. It's more of a traditional reality show like that one about the Alaskan fishermen. Still, it has some very odd characters on it. I read online that one of the leads died during the show's run.

I don't watch any of these shows myself, but I know my dad likes them and flips back and forth between them in a sitting. I like Mythbusters and the various shows about places to eat. That's the extent of my tolerance for reality TV. I'm not even sure I'd classify them as reality. Mythbusters is really science-entertainment and the food shows are travelogues.

Oh, and people talk about how horrible a concept Toddlers and Tiaras is, well it's really nothing compared to the trauma-inducing Dance Moms. My dad doesn't watch this one, but I've seen bits of episodes out of curiosity. It sounded bad and guess what, it is.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Tylea002

Don't Tell The Bride is the worst (or best) that the UK has to offer. Fuck the american version. Look it up, it can offer some hilarious moments.

cocabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cocabis

@PenguinDust: Thank you very much for writing this! I also watch Mythbusters and various food shows ( I love cooking so those are my favorites) but I also enjoy these stupid shows from time to time. I'll watch Pawn Stars, seems perfect for what I want right now.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NegativeCero

I think American Pickers is alright. Two guys basically knock on people's doors and look buy their collection of junk to sell in their shop.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By delta_ass

I always watch MTV's Real World Challenge. It's definitely a guilty pleasure. Like, they're all a bunch of idiots, but instead of just living together and being dumb... they're actually competing against each other and being dumb. Which I kinda find appealing. The allure of the cash prize also helps bring out the inner douchbaggery in people. The long history of the show also means that there's always plenty of recurring characters that bring all their baggage and animosities from past challenges.

Um, also Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef if you're into cooking shows. Hell's Kitchen is really formulaic now and you know exactly when Ramsay's going to start yelling and calling people donkeys. Masterchef though, doesn't feel quite as fake and actually gets me involved with the contestants, because they do feel real and sincere and you get to go along with them on their culinary journey.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SexyToad

Parking wars.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@mircica: Deadliest Warrior? It's not a reality show, but it has more stupid than any one person can handle...no one show should have all that stupid!

Karlif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karlif

American Digger!! Jesus tapdancing christ that show is stupid. Ric Savage digging through dirt and shit looking for old artifacts. The intro is amazing. They pick up an object up from the ground, and the background just explodes in a huge fireball.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AlexanderSheen

You watch TV?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SSully

@NegativeCero said:

I think American Pickers is alright. Two guys basically knock on people's doors and look buy their collection of junk to sell in their shop.

American Pickers doesn't really quality as stupid like these other shows do. It actually is more interesting then it is stupid most of the time.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AngelN7

What's the name of that show where 2 giant meatheads destroy stuff and show like technical data, weight and composition on the crap they destroy with their hands?

Puzzler20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Puzzler20

I don't know where to start because most shows in general today are stupid.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I like Storage Wars and Pawn Stars.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By crusader8463

Modern Family is an awesome comedy series in the guise of a shitty Reality TV show.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By dichemstys

I watch Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef. Do those count?

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@DreDavis: Horse in a house?

I can never get enough of Deadliest Catch.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30  Edited By natetodamax

Pawn Stars is fun to watch.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Antiques Roadshow is the best "reality TV" of all time. Slow burn but huge moments like no where else.

Try Cajun Justice, about overly powerful sheriffs in Louisiana fighting voodoo and hicks.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32  Edited By spiceninja

I will occasionally watch Pawn Stars. But since it got popular the show has been contriving awful stories to go along with the items people pawn in the show or to tie in with upcoming History Channel shows. But there's some good stuff in there. At least the people are somewhat intelligent and you learn a little history when you watch.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By InternetCrab

@VierasTalo said:

Stupid? You need to watch some Flavor of Love. Season 2 starts with an episode where some woman takes a huge dump on Flavor Flav's staircase, then Flav comes in wearing a viking helmet and shouts about who the fuck shat on his staircase.

Comedy gold.

Gotta love Flavor Flav.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GeekDown

It doesn't really qualify as stupid, but I love "Ice Pilots NWT". It's definitely worth checking out.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By penguindust

@AngelN7 said:

What's the name of that show where 2 giant meatheads destroy stuff and show like technical data, weight and composition on the crap they destroy with their hands?

I think that was Human Wrecking Balls on G4TV wasn't it? Or is there another show where two giant meatheads destroy stuff? I wouldn't put it past television programmers these days.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngelN7

@PenguinDust said:

@AngelN7 said:

I think that was Human Wrecking Balls on G4TV wasn't it? Or is there another show where two giant meatheads destroy stuff? I wouldn't put it past television programmers these days.

I think that's it, I haven't seen the show I just saw a comercial once and I thought it was some sort of joke at bullshit tv shows like that (the deadliest warrior and stuff) but man...

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

Enjoy this my beautiful brethren.

Dexter_Morgan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dexter_Morgan_

@GERALTITUDE said:

Antiques Roadshow is the best "reality TV" of all time. Slow burn but huge moments like no where else.

Try Cajun Justice, about overly powerful sheriffs in Louisiana fighting voodoo and hicks.

That adrenaline rush you get when watching Antiques Roadshow is unbelievable.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By Dagbiker
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

ANYTHING on TruTV. It's the most blatantly staged brain-dead crap you'll ever see but then again that's what you're looking for...

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By Sooperspy

American Pickers is pretty good along with Auction Hunters.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jazzycola

Umm I do love me some Gordon Ramsey. So Hell's Kitchen is a recommendation for real bad reality shows. If you want some heartfelt Gordon Ramsey you could always watch the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares. I also found Britain's Best Restaurant to be rather good.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@AngelN7 said:

Probably Human Wrecking Balls. 

that show is stupid in the best possible way