• 134 results
#1 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

We all know that there is a distinct rivalry between the US and Canada, but sometimes people on both sides of the border forget how much the two countries mean to each other. The Canada-US relationship has got to be the closest relationship between two countries ever. Sure, we both may not agree on certain things at times, but when it comes down to it, we always have each other's backs, just like brothers. And we are brothers, after all, we are "children of a common mother". Think of the US as the older, rebellious sibling and Canada as the "mama's boy". History has shown that the two countries have always counted on each other when it mattered most. I just want to thank America for all the help they have no doubt given us over the years and as well apologize for burning down your White House in 1814 :P. Besides, what's a little bit of teasing between brothers? Come on folks, how do you really feel about your cross-border friends?

By the way, the video above was from NBC's coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics, just want to thank Tom Brokaw for reminding me that not all Americans look down upon us (Ann Coulter). Just a correction though, the Canadian diplomat was working with the CIA not for the CIA.

"Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners. And necessity has made us allies. Those whom nature hath so joined together, let no man put asunder." - John F. Kennedy
#2 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

*hugs from an American*  Just don't try to jump the boarder...or we'll have to shoot you.

EDIT:  It's border, not boarder.  :/

#3 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Hey man we know how you guys feel about hockey so we're like "here take this gold medal sorry about the other day". Its all good man.

#4 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@KaosAngel: Its border, not boarder. =/

My opinion on Americans have been improving ever since Bush left the office... strange that I base my opinion on a president than American values and culture.
#5 Posted by xyzygy (9999 posts) -

A lot of my relatives are in the States but I've never gotten to go down yet. Can't wait until I do though. I have relatives in Texas and New York, where to go first!!?

#6 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

America, us Canadians love you ^_^ ♥

#7 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

I like how we leave out Mexico despite them being the the only other country to share NA with us.  :D

EDIT:  @xyzygy:  NYC, the south is dangerous.

#8 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I like Canada.  It keeps Americas head warm in the winter.

#9 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@ArchScabby: I like United States. It keeps Canada's ass warm and cozy in the winter.
#10 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

I like Canada, because they can't win Stanley Cups anymore

#11 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

America + Canada + England = ?

#12 Posted by Yummylee (21695 posts) -

Don't forgot your foul-mouthed 2nd cousin, England.
#13 Posted by alsnuts2 (674 posts) -

I like Canada because I can slap a sticker of their flag on my luggage and wont get hassled when i travel oversees!

#14 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Thats was a great video.

#15 Posted by Landon (4144 posts) -

Good ol' America Jr. up there to the north.

#16 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@Hockeymask27: I must admit, it almost made me shed a tear.
#17 Posted by Gregomasta (1541 posts) -

I like Canada, America's sane little brother.  As we are the insane older brother, but we got each others back.

#18 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" America + Canada + England = ? "
Two children having sex with their grandfather?
#19 Edited by AltonBrown (950 posts) -
@KaosAngel:  As someone who lives in the South, I'm going to agree with you. Don't go south of the Mason-Dixon. It's not that the South is dangerous, it's just full of backwards-ass people.

Oh, and Canada is a hell of a country. Spent the summer of '04 in Halifax.
#20 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -

I <3 Canada

Mostly due to RUSH but I still like the country :)

#21 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" @ArchScabby: I like United States. It keeps Canada's ass warm and cozy in the winter. "
Teamwork!
#22 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" I <3 Canada  Mostly due to RUSH but I still like the country :) "
That's a good reason to love Canada, imo. Great band.

Canada  is my favorite country in the world.
#23 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

That video made me happy.

#24 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

canada is mostly great

I have heard bad things about quebec though :D

#25 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -
@xyzygy: Please go to New York first. Texas and the southern states can have their charm, but they also can have their bigotry.

P.S. Not saying all Texans/southerners are ignorant hicks, just some. :)
#26 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@FireBurger said:
" @xyzygy: Please go to New York first. Texas and the southern states can have their charm, but they also can have their bigotry.  P.S. Not saying all Texans/southerners are ignorant hicks, just some. :) "
We both know that's a lie...it's the majority.  >.>  If I went down to the south, I'd be watched and yelled at non-stop, and would be called a camel jockey, terrorist, jihadist, obama worshiper, etc..
#27 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

As a Canadian I'm glad to have the most powerful army right below my country and as an ally : D

#28 Edited by AltonBrown (950 posts) -
@KaosAngel:  No you wouldn't. There are lots of good people in the South.  Have you ever actually been?
#29 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@Laketown: 
Some of them don't want to be a part of Canada anyway, so it's all good.

Canada has some fine ladies too:
 Proof
#30 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@AltonBrown said:
" @KaosAngel:  No you wouldn't. There are lots of good people in the South.  Have you ever actually been? "
Honestly, I've never crossed lower than D.C., aside from FL for Disney.  >.>
#31 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

Nice video. Never been to Canada but I hope that gets fixed soon :).

#32 Edited by AltonBrown (950 posts) -
@KaosAngel:  Trust me, the South isn't as backwards as a lot of people think. There are lots of ignorant assholes, but ignorant assholes are prevalent all over the world.
#33 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

An interesting tidbit, although I can't find a definitive source; There are more bald eagles in Canada than in America and there are more beavers in America than Canada. But either way, these two animals remain a North American species.

#34 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@ArchScabby:  E-five! Bromance!

#35 Posted by MauveForest (588 posts) -

Man panning shots of mountains always move me in ways I can't comprehend. It is beauty.  I love being Canadian because of the beautiful country. I haven't been to too much of America, but I hope to travel all across it on day, along with a second and more comprehensive trip of Canada.

#36 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

America is awesome cased closed.

#37 Posted by Blair (2507 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" Thats was a great video. "
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Hockeymask27: I must admit, it almost made me shed a tear. "
Fantastic video.
#38 Posted by SubaS77 (44 posts) -

i litterally had tears swelling up in my eyes.. thanks for posting this, and god bless Canada and the United States of America 

"Children of a common mother" indeed.
#39 Posted by Semition (731 posts) -

We're practically the same nation anyways. :D

#40 Edited by xyzygy (9999 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:

Love. 

It's funny. There was actually a big controversy here last week in Nova Scotia. The Queen was supposed to visit us for our Tattoo, but there were concerns that she wouldn't be able to climb some stairs while she was here. Not sure where the stairs were, or why the hell a set of stairs were such a big deal... but she isn't coming anymore because of these stairs. 

Linked for truth  http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/03/30/ns-tattoo-queen.html 

Oh yeah and a Tattoo isn't like an actual tattoo on your body... here this will explain it better  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Nova_Scotia_International_Tattoo
#41 Posted by Dipstick (546 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @FireBurger said:
" @xyzygy: Please go to New York first. Texas and the southern states can have their charm, but they also can have their bigotry.  P.S. Not saying all Texans/southerners are ignorant hicks, just some. :) "
We both know that's a lie...it's the majority.  >.>  If I went down to the south, I'd be watched and yelled at non-stop, and would be called a camel jockey, terrorist, jihadist, obama worshiper, etc.. "
*Posting this from Midland,Texas* Google it :D

All I can say from experience traveling all over Texas is that there are ignorant people (Although not nearly as much as it's made out to be) but I'll be damned if they aren't the nicest ignorant people around.

Although the stereotype that 85% of people down south love football and beer more than anything in the world (aside from Jesus) is pretty fucking accurate.
#42 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -

That made me all emotional and junk. Even though Mr. Brokaw made a stab at my states economy.

#43 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:

Love. 

It's funny. There was actually a big controversy here last week in Nova Scotia. The Queen was supposed to visit us for our Tattoo, but there were concerns that she wouldn't be able to climb some stairs while she was here. Not sure where the stairs were, or why the hell a set of stairs were such a big deal... but she isn't coming anymore because of these stairs. 

Linked for truth  http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/03/30/ns-tattoo-queen.html "

Might want to elaborate on "Tattoo" before someone misinterprets that.
#44 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @xyzygy said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:

Love. 

Linked for truth  http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/03/30/ns-tattoo-queen.html "
Might want to elaborate on "Tattoo" before someone misinterprets that. "
I can't wait to see the Queen get a tattoo.
#45 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Canadians have American attitude, without the power. :P

#46 Edited by xyzygy (9999 posts) -
@ParanoidFreak: Is that a picture of Boxxy?
#47 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -
@xyzygy:  
Hell no! That is Lights. She makes music that I'm not too into, but she's a real hot nerd. She met her boyfriend through WoW, he is one lucky man.
#48 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I've always loved Canada. I would move there if it wasn't for all the cool shit we Americans get.

#49 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

" @FireBurger said:

We both know that's a lie...it's the majority.  >.>  If I went down to the south, I'd be watched and yelled at non-stop, and would be called a camel jockey, terrorist, jihadist, obama worshiper, etc.. "
You just did the same thing.  You made a generalization about an entire population based on the actions of a few people.
#50 Posted by Demonstride (864 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I've always loved Canada. I would move there if it wasn't for all the cool shit we Americans get. "
This. Not sure about the cool shit though, but yeah Canada's a great place even though I haven't been there since when I was a baby.