• 0 results
#1 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

I know two Canadian users. (DanielJW and sam_i_am) Both of them have a tendency of staying up extremely late. In fact, Dan has school tomorrow and he hasn't even gone to bet yet. It's 2:07 AM currently.  

Now, am I wrong by judging all Canadians by these two, or do all Canadians sleep really late? DISCUSS! 

#2 Posted by Mattalorian (594 posts) -

2:10 AM right now, and here's a Canadian replying to your thread. Theory confirmed?

#3 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I stay up late too, maybe it's the timezone difference from your location. Also we aren't as busy as the u.s, I don't know really.

#4 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

its 11 right not goin to bed yet and i have an exam in the morning. dunno i like bein up late

#5 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

We're not obese and therefore have better energy consumption and conservation
#6 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I stay up late too, maybe it's the timezone difference from your location. Also we aren't as busy as the u.s, I don't know really.

"
Nope. Same timezone!
#7 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I usually don't go to bed until the sun is rising. Night-time is nice and quiet. 

#8 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

It's almost 1:30 AM. I'm still up. I'm American.

#9 Posted by Darko (115 posts) -

I prefer to go to bed when everyone else is waking up. Less people around when I'm awake that way. (And I am also Canadian.)

#10 Posted by Blair (2505 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"Now, am I wrong by judging all Canadians by these two, or do all Canadians sleep really late?  "
Yes.  That's a stupid and grossly inaccurate generalization.
#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

They're probably cooking up some poutine.

#12 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -

The world may never know.

#13 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Yup its 2:20 AM here in Toronto and I'm on Giantbomb reading random donkey kong pages... wtf am I doing lol

#14 Edited by Aelric (400 posts) -

Fucking magnets! How do they work?

I am American and it's some ungodly hour now. Though, I am in Korea, so it's like 3pm here. 3pm tomorrow! GREETINGS FROM THE FUTURE!

#15 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
@Blair said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"Now, am I wrong by judging all Canadians by these two, or do all Canadians sleep really late?  "
Yes.  That's a stupid and grossly inaccurate generalization. "
haha. Fair enough,
#16 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I stay up late too. 
Have to get to the office/work at like 7am and I usally head for bed around 3 am. 
And I'm not a french guy who's too stubborn to be either American or French. 

All kidding aside, I'm actually not Canadian

#17 Posted by xyzygy (9982 posts) -

I went to bed at 3:30 this morning and I'm Canadian.

#18 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I have college daily and I tend to go to sleep around 3:00 - 4:00, I'm in England though.

#19 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

I'm Canadian and I did not go to sleep last night. I'm going to have a wonderful sleep schedule this week! 

#20 Posted by Chris2KLee (2335 posts) -

It's those damn Northern Lights, just don't lets us Canucks sleep.

#21 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -

I was up until 8 A.M. last night playing demon's souls. Canadian pride!

#22 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Canada Represent. 

I was up till 3:30 am last night and had to get up for work at 7 am... As much as I love sleeping, there is always shit I want to do more.  It isn't till the realization of how much I'm going to hate myself the next day till I go to sleep.

#23 Posted by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

I stayed up last night, but it was for studying calculus.

#24 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

I was up until 4 last night, but I'm a New Yorker. Close enough I guess?

#25 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -

You're a moron

#26 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" You're a moron "
THANKS! SELF ESTEEM BOOST! =D
#27 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I'm Canadian and I sleep in at midnight now, but before I was sleeping in at 3 am by playing some video games with some other canucks.

#28 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" We're not obese and therefore have better energy consumption and conservation "
low blow.
#29 Posted by Brendan (7805 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
"You're a moron "

Did you stay up too late last night? ;) 

As a Canadian myself, I went to bed at 4 am last night, but that is because I was at the MMVA party shindig.  It was crowded.
#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Hourai said:
" I usually don't go to bed until the sun is rising. Night-time is nice and quiet.  "
vutt aboot school / werk ?
#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19336 posts) -

Dumb thread is dumb. 

I'm Canadian, and practically didn't sleep last week because of finals and school projects and crap.

#32 Posted by Dantekiller (206 posts) -

they are makeing bacon that right i said bacon muhahaha i like donkey 

#33 Posted by Ben_H (3354 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
" We're not obese and therefore have better energy consumption and conservation "
This.

@rjayb89 said:
" They're probably cooking up some poutine. "
And This.

I'm Canadian and I stayed up until 2:00AM last night but that's because I was building my schedule for university.  I also woke up at 6:00AM.  I'm feeling pretty good right now actually.  I prefer night time because it is much cooler.
#34 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Yeah, I stay up until 1:00 AM like, every night. Sometimes later!

My body just refuses to fall asleep any earlier.

Many of my Canadian brethren that I know also seem to enjoy staying up late. It's a thing that we do.

#35 Posted by GalacticPunt (1049 posts) -
#36 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

They are too busy eating syrup, playing hockey and not getting involved in wars. That or you are using 2 Canadians to generalize and perpetuate stereotypes. 

#37 Posted by ThePeacemaker10 (34 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" They're probably cooking up some poutine. "
And lovin' every minute of it.
#38 Posted by ThomasP (1656 posts) -

I've been staying up super later because my leg is broken and I have no obligations. I work in the trades so I'm usually in bed by midnight and up by six.

#39 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: Uh....... AjayRaz is Canadian and he sleeps till the afternoon most of the time.
#40 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Does Metal_Gear_Sunny go to bed as soon as night falls, just as commanded by his parents?

#41 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -

I was up at 5 something in the am, but I wasn't on the Giant Bomb dot com.

#42 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" Does Metal_Gear_Sunny go to bed as soon as night falls, just as commanded by his parents? "
I go to bed whenever I feel like it.
#43 Posted by LiquidPrince (15946 posts) -

I went to bed at 5.30 in the morning... this morning.

#44 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" Does Metal_Gear_Sunny go to bed as soon as night falls, just as commanded by his parents? "
I go to bed whenever I feel like it. "
I bet you sometimes don't do your chores as well because you just don't give a fuck.
#45 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
I go to bed whenever I feel like it. "
I bet you sometimes don't do your chores as well because you just don't give a fuck. "
And I bet what goes through your mind is "ooooooh, a teenager on the internet! Let's poke fun at him for the hell of it." 

I have my priorities straight. I don't ever place video games or internet usage ahead of things that really matter.
#46 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I stay up pretty late also. I am Canadian. Stayed up until 6:45 on Saturday.

#47 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I think gamers in general stay up late. I'm a night owl since I work from the afternoon til early morning. I'm American BTW

#48 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

Too cold up here to sleep. 

#49 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i think everyone stays up late. i just think that your theory doesn't really work.

#50 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Because we are so awesome that if the sun where ever to shine on us it would overload from all the awesome and explode.