Can't believe I'm saying this, but I want an iPhone 4 . . .

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Edited By spazmaster666

Okay, as self-proclaimed Apple hater, I've purposefully avoided Apple products judicially for as long as I can remember. That's right, I'm one of those people who got a Creative Zen/MS Zune (I love my Zune HD btw) instead of an Ipod and an Android phone instead of the iPhone. And as awesome as the iPad would be as an anime/manga viewing device, it still does not justify the price tag. However, after looking into the next-gen iPhone 4 that Apple will be launching in June 24th, I'm starting to want one. Maybe it's the awesome 960x640 screen, the improved camera and WIFI or maybe it's because the HTC Evo that I was so looking forward to ended up having such poor battery life. The only issue of course is the lack of 4G support. But given the increased battery consumption as well as the lack of nationwide 4G availability at this point, it's not something that really bothers me (sure we have great 4G coverage here in Austin but that's not true even elsewhere in Texas). I've heard people complain about AT&T but such people probably have no idea how bad Sprint is (I'd even prefer T-Mobile over Sprint; note, I"m referring to customer service not coverage) so I'm more than willing to switch over.

So congratulations Steve Jobs, you finally got me as I fully expect to be a first-time iPhone owner sometime this Fall (when my contract with Sprint expires of course). Damnit, I'm already sounding like a jackass. ;)

No Caption Provided
spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By spazmaster666

Okay, as self-proclaimed Apple hater, I've purposefully avoided Apple products judicially for as long as I can remember. That's right, I'm one of those people who got a Creative Zen/MS Zune (I love my Zune HD btw) instead of an Ipod and an Android phone instead of the iPhone. And as awesome as the iPad would be as an anime/manga viewing device, it still does not justify the price tag. However, after looking into the next-gen iPhone 4 that Apple will be launching in June 24th, I'm starting to want one. Maybe it's the awesome 960x640 screen, the improved camera and WIFI or maybe it's because the HTC Evo that I was so looking forward to ended up having such poor battery life. The only issue of course is the lack of 4G support. But given the increased battery consumption as well as the lack of nationwide 4G availability at this point, it's not something that really bothers me (sure we have great 4G coverage here in Austin but that's not true even elsewhere in Texas). I've heard people complain about AT&T but such people probably have no idea how bad Sprint is (I'd even prefer T-Mobile over Sprint; note, I"m referring to customer service not coverage) so I'm more than willing to switch over.

So congratulations Steve Jobs, you finally got me as I fully expect to be a first-time iPhone owner sometime this Fall (when my contract with Sprint expires of course). Damnit, I'm already sounding like a jackass. ;)

No Caption Provided
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
@spazmaster666:   From what I heard, Sprint IS ass.  Since I don't have AT&T here, I gotta wait till the exclusive AT&T iPhone deal is up so I can get one with Verizon, if the iPhone comes to Verizon.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Sambambo

Im skipping the 4 for the next iteration, due to contract not dislike of the product, but it does seem amazing. Not sure about the new design, but it does seem like a great overall phone.

Damn 18 month contracts...

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spazmaster666
@SuperSambo said:

" Im skipping the 4 for the next iteration, due to contract not dislike of the product, but it does seem amazing. Not sure about the new design, but it does seem like a great overall phone. Damn 18 month contracts... "

Well I've never had an issue with Apple's hardware either, it's mainly that they control their software platforms way too tightly.
ToadRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ToadRunner

wait what?! the iphone 4 isnt 4g? WTF

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

iPhone just needs to find a better service.

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Jared

It just doesn't seem like that big of an upgrade this time (don't get me wrong, it's still awesome). I'm sick of ATT's network, coverage at work is horrible, I ended up dumping my iPhone 3G for an HTC Incredible and couldn't be happier.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rjayb89 said:
" iPhone just needs to find a better service. "
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

AT&T has the best service where I live. I currently have a iPhone 3GS and I really want to great an iPhone 4. Will it happen anytime soon? Definitely not.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By KaosAngel

Yeah, I already got iOS4 and it's awesome.  My 3GS runs it flawlessly, and I'm gonna upgrade to iPhone 4 on launch.  You're in for a treat, already got my Apple Game Center login complete, so I'm the only one in the world with Kaos Angel.  :P

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyelb22
@spazmaster666: You can still buy the phone, you just won't get the discounted price. Buy it retail and switch out your sim card.
Avatar image for senortrampoline
SenorTrampoline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By SenorTrampoline

Gonna get my Ipod Touch upgraded to ios4 next monday so im pretty jazzed too. I cant afford a smartphone right now so i bought the touch for internet browsing in my bed. Glad they're making the updates free now. :)