#1 Edited by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -

So here's the old Captain America.  

  So here is the new look for the Captain America movie. I say it's not too bad, more  realistic like. What do you guys think?
 

I've never seen the gun though...but hey his overall look is more serious.
 

 
 And this is the new look. Notice the leather. Boots, the fun. Straps. The scales are gone. No "A" or wings on his head. His look fits the new decades for the movie, and I don't think die hard fans will be too angry about it.
#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL 
 
looking badass though

#3 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL  looking badass though "

Wait; you've never heard of Captain America before?
#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think they did the right thing keeping him in an era where he makes more sense.

#5 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Everything about this film looks fantastic apart from the most crucial part: The director. The last film he did was The Wolfman and that was real bad.

#6 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

 ACTION ACTION ACTION ACTION ACTION
#7 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL"
Really?
 
 
That picture looks amazing. I hope they do Cap some serious justice with this film.
#8 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

Lookin' pretty good I say.

#9 Posted by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -
@emkeighcameron: Lol. yea umm...that Captain America...lol rofl
#10 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Not a totally new design, it's based heavily on the costume he's worn several times in the comics during the WW2 era, which is when the movie takes place, so it makes sense.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with it for the Avengers movie.

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@VWGTI said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL"
Really?  "
well im familiar with the character, but not enough to know his name...   so yeah, Captain America is effing ridiculous :P
#12 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @VWGTI said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL"
Really?  "
well im familiar with the character, but not enough to know his name...   so yeah, Captain America is effing ridiculous :P "

Your American though, right? I'm surprised you wouldn't know that...
#13 Posted by EpicSteve (6443 posts) -

Didn't he look that wain WWII? Didn't know this was a "new" look.

#14 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I think their thought is a hero like this couldn't exist in modern day so he's frozen, and comes out representing an ideology from a bygone era which would better contrast with Stark's cynicism therebye setting up the civil war at some point 5 movies away. A good director could pull it off maybe. But superhero (of the superpower variety) movies are innately corny no matter what. You can't make Captain America not corny.

#15 Posted by damswedon (3168 posts) -

I really can't see this film making any reasonable amount of money outside of the USA.

#16 Posted by Anteater (143 posts) -
@habster3 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @VWGTI said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL"
Really?  "
well im familiar with the character, but not enough to know his name...   so yeah, Captain America is effing ridiculous :P "
Your American though, right? I'm surprised you wouldn't know that... "
I'm pretty sure he's Israeli
#17 Posted by DarkGamerOO7 (574 posts) -

I've actually never been a fan of Captain America, but this movie might change that. Those images looks so badass and awesome, also I wouldn't really call his current design a new look, it looks almost the same has his previous one with some slight alterations to it.

#18 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" Didn't he look that wain WWII? Didn't know this was a "new" look. "
He gets his modern costume after the thaws from the ice and returns to America in the present.
#19 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

IS this Steve Rogers Captain America or Buckey?

 

Also the A stands or America and is therfore awesome (North America AND South America and pudgy actress America Ferrarathe "scales" are feathers and Captain America is great  
 
Who is playing him in the Avengers film

#20 Posted by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -
@RenMcKormack: That guy who played Deadpool in the X-Men movie is playing Steve Rogers aka cap america.
 
Deadpool as in.. X-men origins:Wolverine  kinda deadpool. 
 

#21 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
"he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL  looking badass though "

He has an American Flag Shield.  I am actually fasicnated as to what you thought his name was before this, since he is pretty much common knowlegde here in the states.   I really can't divorce myself from my knowlegde of the name Captain America.  So in other words, what did you think when you saw captain America imagery.
#22 Edited by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@RenMcKormack said:
"

IS this Steve Rogers Captain America or Buckey?

 

Also the A stands or America and is therfore awesome (North America AND South America and pudgy actress America Ferrarathe "scales" are feathers and Captain America is great  
 
Who is playing him in the Avengers film

"
Chris Evans is playing Cap. The same guy who played Johnny Storm/Human Torch in the Fantastic Four movies. Also, it's Steve Rodgers.
#23 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Could look worse I guess, I just hope the products are getting better.

#24 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -
@VWGTI:
THank you to all who answered this question.  I guess that guy seems ok? it seems like  kind of a a waste sicne that guy is kind of a jokey type in all the movie si have seen him in, dont know how he will play a stren war grizzled cpatain america
#25 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@Anteater said:
" @habster3 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @VWGTI said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL"
Really?  "
well im familiar with the character, but not enough to know his name...   so yeah, Captain America is effing ridiculous :P "
Your American though, right? I'm surprised you wouldn't know that... "
I'm pretty sure he's Israeli "

Quite likely. However, some things he's done make me thing otherwise.
#26 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -
@drummerboykhari said:
" @RenMcKormack: That guy who played Deadpool in the X-Men movie is playing Steve Rogers aka cap america.  Deadpool as in.. X-men origins:Wolverine  kinda deadpool.    "
No your thinking of Ryan Reynolds who is playing the Green Lantern. Chis Evans is playing Captain America and is the guy who played Johnny Storm in The Fantastic Four.
#27 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -
@habster3 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL  looking badass though "
Wait; you've never heard of Captain America before? "
Wait, you've never heard of a troll before?
#28 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -
@drummerboykhari said:
"
So here's the old Captain America.  

  So here is the new look for the Captain America movie. I say it's not too bad, more  realistic like. What do you guys think?
 

I've never seen the gun though...but hey his overall look is more serious.
 

 
 And this is the new look. Notice the leather. Boots, the fun. Straps. The scales are gone. No "A" or wings on his head. His look fits the new decades for the movie, and I don't think die hard fans will be too angry about it.
"
actually there is an A on his head, look closer 
#29 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:
" @habster3 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
"he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL  looking badass though "
Wait; you've never heard of Captain America before? "
Wait, you've never heard of a troll before? "
I'm not a troll; I'm not saying "Wait; you've never heard of Captain America before" in a rude, condescending way; I'm just somewhat surprised. Ahmad and I get along fine; we follow each other, we agree with each other's opinions, etc. Before you make another comment like that, why don't you actually try to get to know the community better and study the interactions between users more? Not trolling against you, either; it's just advice.
#30 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Lol, you thought Ryan Reynolds is not Captain America lol.

#31 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I'm really surprised by the surprised responses for Captain America. The guy has been around since World War 2, and is pretty goddamn popular. -_- 
People living in bunkers?

#32 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -

Wasn't there another topic like this that showed Captain America's new look for the upcoming movie? He had a crazy ass belt or something I think.

#33 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -

I can never take "Captain America" seriously, no matter how much they grit him up. =P

#34 Posted by Skytylz (4015 posts) -

I'm kinda excited for this, he was my favorite person to be in MUA.

#35 Edited by VicRattlehead (1397 posts) -
@drummerboykhari:  ryan reynolds isnt playing steve rodgers chris evans is
#36 Posted by Yummylee (20610 posts) -

Lookin' guuuuuuud. Now if only they could bring US Agent with that level of quality into the mix, too.

#37 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" Didn't he look that wain WWII? Didn't know this was a "new" look. "
That's not the way he looked in WWII.  He's always had, for the most part, the same costume throughout the years.  Now that they've got Steve Rogers over on Secret Avengers and Bucky under the helm for Captain America, they've done a little revamping on suits.  Otherwise, they've pretty much remained the same. 
 
Personally, I think the look of Captain America for the movie is practical, grounded in a better form of reality, but overall, I'm worried about how that suit will translate into film. 
 
Moreover, I'm worried about the movie being directed by Joe Johnston.  The dood definitely has an affinity for older periods (he also directed The Rocketeer, which was a movie that got butchered by the studio's involvement).  Sadly, he's also directed Jurassic Park III and The Wolfman, both of which are less than spectacular films (might even go so far as to say The Wolfman was fucking terrible). 
 
I never want a movie to be bad, especially when it's an icon like Cap.  However, between Joe Johnston directing (who never has the balls to stand up to studio involvement) and Chris Evans as Cap (who already isn't that great of an actor)...then mix in how muddled and oversaturated the Marvel movie landscape is becoming with this "Avengers Movie Initiative"...  It just seems like this movie, as well as Thor, could be destined for some form of disaster. 
 
While we're on this subject of Avengers flicks, I'm becoming less and less ecstatic for Thor.  I think this Chris Heminwhatever looks good as Thor, but Kenneth Branaugh was in Wild Wild West, folks.  He did direct an amazing piece of work with Hamlet, but man...I just don't know how I feel. 
 
We'll wait for trailers, I guess.  With Comic-Con this week, I'm sure at least some Thor footage will leak out.
#38 Edited by Gabriel (4050 posts) -
@vidiot said:
" I'm really surprised by the surprised responses for Captain America. The guy has been around since World War 2, and is pretty goddamn popular. -_-  People living in bunkers? "  
I think Cap's popular and all but nowhere near the universal recongnation of  a character such a Superman or even the Hulk. 
 

I think it looks great, much better than Thor and Green Lantern (Maybe need to see more screenshots)
#39 Posted by drummerboykhari (192 posts) -

"Bump"

#40 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" @vidiot said:
" I'm really surprised by the surprised responses for Captain America. The guy has been around since World War 2, and is pretty goddamn popular. -_-  People living in bunkers? "  
I think Cap's popular and all but nowhere near the universal recongnation of  a character such a Superman or even the Hulk.  I think it looks great, much better than Thor and Green Lantern (Maybe need to see more screenshots) "
Cap's popularity is to Marvel what Superman and Batman are to DC.  He's the single most popular character in the Marvel Universe.  He's so popular that when Brubaker had the balls to kill Steve Rogers, fans protested like crazy and Joe Q had no choice but to go back on his "dead is dead" statement. 
 
As for Thor and Green Lantern, I think they both look great for being movie adaptations of those characters.  I don't understand why people are complaining so much about the costumes for those two...well, minus the whole "Thor needs to have a helmet" thing.
#41 Edited by Gabriel (4050 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

" @Gabriel said:

" @vidiot said:
" I'm really surprised by the surprised responses for Captain America. The guy has been around since World War 2, and is pretty goddamn popular. -_-  People living in bunkers? "  
I think Cap's popular and all but nowhere near the universal recongnation of  a character such a Superman or even the Hulk.  I think it looks great, much better than Thor and Green Lantern (Maybe need to see more screenshots) "
Cap's popularity is to Marvel what Superman and Batman are to DC.  He's the single most popular character in the Marvel Universe.  He's so popular that when Brubaker had the balls to kill Steve Rogers, fans protested like crazy and Joe Q had no choice but to go back on his "dead is dead" statement.  As for Thor and Green Lantern, I think they both look great for being movie adaptations of those characters.  I don't understand why people are complaining so much about the costumes for those two...well, minus the whole "Thor needs to have a helmet" thing. "
I'd have to respectfully disagree, I see Spiderman, the Hulk, and even Wolverine above Captain America in popularity, or at least it was when I was a kid maybe times have a changed. Not that I don't think he's not a better character than those though. 
#42 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

No matter the battle, or where it was fought, Captain America looks goofy.  If I was fighting in WWII, and I saw Captain America, I would laugh at him as he murdered me.

#43 Posted by NTM (7035 posts) -

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I while back I had this as my wallpaper.
 

It's not the same. But it's similar and still cool. Captain America and Batman are the best heroes.
#44 Posted by eatalargefrog (39 posts) -
@RenMcKormack:  Chris Evans he was human torch in the fantastic four movies
#45 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" he's called "Captain America" ? im sorry but LOL  looking badass though "