Hello fellow bombers,
I have a 2009 Rav 4 that won't start. Here's what's happening:
- The radio and indicator lights work fine
- When I turn the key the engine makes a noise like it wants to turn over one time
- The turn over noise stops and a rapid clicking replaces it
- During the rapid clicking the oil light and battery light fade in and out.
Here are the conditions:
- On Monday the car started and drove fine. Outside temp was about 35 degrees.
- Overnight into Tuesday the temperature dropped to 0, with an effective temp of -6.
- Tuesday morning the car exhibited the above behavior; temp remained around -6 all of Tuesday.
- Today the car still wouldn't start and a jump start failed. Temp is around 20, effective 5.
Do I have a battery so weak it can't be jumped? I can't be sure, but it looks like the original battery is still in the car. Any help is appreciated!