Cards Against Humanity gives out Oatmeal at PAX East

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

Edited By EpicSteve

Cards Against Humanity gave out Pwnmeal at PAX East this year. It was just Oatmeal...but with exclusive Cards Against Humanity cards in the oatmeal.

I actually ran into one Giant Bomb user that threw away the oatmeal, not knowing there were cards in them. There were 27 cards in all and were totally randomized in the packs like trading cards.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Cool. Embrace protein.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Shame that the one duder unwittingly threw his out... looks like it would be very clear that there are cards or something besides oatmeal in the package. (not judging, just saying it's super unfortunate that it never dawned on him, which is understandable in a show setting)

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I met Max sometime on Friday while picking up the 90s pack. When I said "hi" and mentioned I was a fan he reached back and handed me oatmeal from a box. At the time I had only seen those ads around the convention and really thought he was handing me just oatmeal. I planned on eating it Sunday morning until someone finally let me in on the hidden card secret.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If you guys were at the convention all weekend you probably didn't see the video ad.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#5 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@mosespippy: it was shown on a couple of panels Max was on, I know it was on the CAH and 404 panels.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard rumors there was a guy standing near the garbage cans asking people who were throwing out their oatmeal for their oatmeal. I assume he meant he wanted the cards they were unwittingly throwing away.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

I heard rumors there was a guy standing near the garbage cans asking people who were throwing out their oatmeal for their oatmeal. I assume he meant he wanted the cards they were unwittingly throwing away.

There was really no point in doing that. You didn't have look all that hard to find boxes filled with pouches Pwnmeal.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was amazed by how far they went with the adds around PAX. They went all out, I love cards against humanity guys and everything they do!

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cooljammer00

@cooljammer00 said:

There was really no point in doing that. You didn't have look all that hard to find boxes filled with pouches Pwnmeal.

Maybe that's what I was thinking of. He was standing...somewhere where there was a lot of PWNMeal. I didn't get any though.

I still say it's a great idea: gamers need food advertised to them that isn't Doritos and Mt. Dew. Oatmeal is a good first step. I workshopped the idea of gamer vegetables/Gamer Celery with some guys in line for the GB panel.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was amazed by how far they went with the adds around PAX. They went all out, I love cards against humanity guys and everything they do!

I'm pretty sure they changed each day as well. At least the ones on the first floor did.

endoworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cooljammer00: I think you are right and I remember seeing it on the main board when you came in the main entrance. Thats awesome.