#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Listening to the LEOG, I had a great idea for a TV show or podcast format. Celebrity Dungeons & Dragons. Have famous people play D&D on camera/tape. Have one of 'em write the campaign. And have like stage actors and voice actors and such be the players. Playing as one of their famous characters. Or do their famous voices.

Something along the lines of the following voice actor/movie mash-up, just a little less amazing than it, because could anything ever be better than this...

*this video has been brought to my attention by the guys over at lasertimepodcast - check them out...

#2 Edited by sir_gunblade (117 posts) -

Depends on how you qualify famous, but Penny Arcade and Wil Wheaton has played DnD on camera. Larry Elmore, and R.A. Salvatore have as well.

#3 Posted by Itwastuesday (932 posts) -

Snoop Lion would be in it. Snoop Lion will do anything

#4 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@sir_gunblade:

As long as they bring the theatrics, or even better recognizable voices and mannerisms...

Just high quality D 'n D play with a theatrical attitude, and the players having fun with it.

#5 Edited by StarvingGamer (7985 posts) -
#6 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@StarvingGamer:

Cool beans bro - will definitely check these out whilst farming a legendary in GW2. Thanks.

#7 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

The thing people forget about voice actors is that they're not necessarily writers, or good at improv. But otherwise yeah sure.

#8 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@I_smell said:

The thing people forget about voice actors is that they're not necessarily writers, or good at improv. But otherwise yeah sure.

Most of the guys up in the voice actor/movie mash-up video I posted in the OP sure are great at improv. How awesome would a round of Celebrity D&D be, with the likes of John DiMaggio playing the whole thing as Bender B. Rodriguez? If one'd get a whole bunch of such iconic voices and actors, and a really good DM to run the game - oh boy!

@StarvingGamer:

Just listend to the Robot Chicken writers' game, which was already a lot of fun - and that with very little *acting* going on. The whole televise a D&D game has definitely has a lot of entertainment potential. Good stuff. Will have to listen to the Penny Arcade dudes one of these days. Thanks again for the many links.