Cell Phone Advice.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero

Currently, I have 2 cell phones.  I want to swap sim-cards in them because I use one number more often than the other, and I like the other phone better.  One phone is with AT&T and the other is with Bell Canada.  I am currently living in California for school so I use the AT&T phone more often, but I like the Bell phone better.  What are the pros and cons of doing this and is it even possible with the 2 completely different phones that they are? American phone is a Nokia, and the Canadian is a Samsung Double-Flip. I'm asking because I've not done this before.  Thank you very much.

Canadian Phone
Canadian Phone
American Phone
American Phone
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

Actually, I'm pretty sure that canadian phone was also released in America... but the phones probably aren't unlocked, so switching SIM card probably isn't a possibility.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TheKidNixon

Are you just wanting to simplify down to the one phone?

I'd say stick with your American plan if you're thinking you're going to be in the States for a while. How long have you had that phone? If its been a while, you might be ready for a trade in, depending on what Nokia's policy is on that. (I'm Sprint, and with all the ridiculous stuff they screw me over with, they're pretty nice about getting me awesome phones fairly regularly.)

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By timeshero

The Samsung is the phone with the Canadian plan, and the Nokia is the phone with the American plan.  The Nokia is technically my dads work phone, but he doesn't use it unless he is traveling (which is not very often).  So, I get to use it because if I were to use my Samsung it would cost me an arm and a leg because of roaming/long distance fees.  I prefer my samsung phone because works better than the nokia and there is more I can do with it.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By timeshero

Thanks for all your help.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ahriman22

Bell Canada is a no go, Bell is still on the crappy CDMA network, so no SIM cards. Sorry.