Channel 4 to cancel Big Brother (UK)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper
"Channel 4 has announced that the next series of Big Brother will be the last it will screen.

The news of the reality TV show's cancellation has long been expected, as it has been losing viewers steadily in recent years.

It attracted audiences of up to eight million at its peak in 2002, but the current series is getting closer to two million viewers.

Another broadcaster is likely to step in and take the programme on, although the company that makes it will be unlikely to get anything close to the £180m Channel 4 paid for the current three-year deal.

Channel 4 is reported to be struggling to make as much money from BB as it has in the past.

It has also been put in an awkward position as it seeks to play up its role as a public service broadcaster - while its most successful show is the UK's biggest reality TV juggernaut."

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Big Brother has got to be the biggest load of diarrhea to ever grace British television. I couldn't be happier it's going. I won't have to listen to idiots talk about what they saw another idiot do last night.

Today's a good day.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lashe

Yep. This is the best day ever.

NukeSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NukeSpoon

Oh man.

Yesssssssssssss

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Lowbrow

You guys are so fucking lucky, that a whole hour that they could fill up with something actually decent.

Although they'll probably just shove another crappy reality TV in there.

What the hell happened to quality television like "Allo Allo!" or "Are you being served?" (I think that was the name)

Avatar image for xcompanionxcubex
xCompanionxCubex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xCompanionxCubex

Man i could cry with happiness! It's about time this miracle happened!!

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By babblinmule

There is a god!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

We all knew this was coming. The viewing figures have been dwindling, and people don't seem to care about it anymore. And it's about time. I've been gradually losing faith in humanity as more and more people were showing their lack of brain cells by watching that drivel, but it seems most these people have finally realized that Big Brother is a steaming pile of horse shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Meltbrain said:
" @Lashe said:
" Yep. This is the best day ever. "
@NukeSpoon said:
" Oh man.  Yesssssssssssss "
I'm glad you guys agree! AWESOME! Now I don't have to mock my mum every damn time I go downstairs. I hate that show with every drop of blood in my body. It's gone on for far too long now, the novelty wore off after the first season. "

It never had a novelty to start with, It was the worst pile of shit ever devised and I don't know why people have allowed it to carry on the the time that it has.
nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By nrain

FUKING YES!
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hitchenson

E4, eh? So we'll be getting another hour of Friends a day it would seem. AWESOME!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper

Programmes in which members of the public watch other members of the public do stuff. That includes the influx of stupid gameshows, Xfactor, Britains for Talent and all that garbage. I don't give a shit at all about some bloke in the street and wether or not he can win a singing contest. Also no more 'celebrity' shit. Any show with 'celebrity' means it'll have people who are the sister-inlaw of a geezer that was on the T.V 25 years ago and can't get any work. It needs to stop. I pay T.V license for actual well made television broadcasts with actors and scripts or presenters or entertainers.

sjhujh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sjhujh
@Lowbrow said:
" You guys are so fucking lucky, that a whole hour that they could fill up with something actually decent.  Although they'll probably just shove another crappy reality TV in there.  What the hell happened to quality television like "Allo Allo!" or "Are you being served?" (I think that was the name) "
Ahh 'Allo'Allo, that was one damn fine program I've been getting them on DVD and its so funny. The waitresses and the Grandma crack me up! 

Also its a bout bloody time they got rid of Big Brother its been pants since the second series. As my dad says its just more and more inflamitory (sp?) with every passing year!
Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I dunno why everyone's cheering about this. It just means Big Brother won't be on Channel 4 anymore. It's bound to be picked up by someone else.

Avatar image for thecappuccinobandit
TheCappuccinoBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This news makes me as happy as this guy... 

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Otacon

great news! and I agree listening to people talk about big brother is the most annoying thing on the planet.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laticsfan

Finally I have been waiting for this news for the past 6 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Problem is, there are a fuck-tonne more reality shows out there, and a heap more popping up every week it seems, that are worse than Big Brother.

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Matfei90

Hell... It's about time.
Hell... It's about time.
Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Insectecutor

Good riddance.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Griddler

Meh, it doesn't bother me. I just don't watch it. Now all thats going to happen is they'll replace it with something else I won't ever watch.