#1 Posted by Bobstar (314 posts) -

So I just bought a 1200 MSP card from there. I've bought from this site before without any problems, they are even using PayPal as a payment method, but then I got this e-mail:

Hi,

Thank you for your purchase. All customers are requested to confirm their identity via telephone.

Please Fill in the blanks below ( you must provide both) :

Mobile/Cell Phone telephone number:

[INCLUDE YOUR CORRECT COUNTRY CODE & PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS NUMBER IS WORKING]

Landline telephone number:

[INCLUDE YOUR CORRECT COUNTRY CODE & PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS NUMBER IS WORKING]

ATTENTION PLEASE READ

YOUR PRODUCT CANNOT BE SENT IF THE NUMBERS PROVIDED ARE NOT WORKING.

ANYONE CAUGHT USING STOLEN CREDIT CARDS OR HACKED PAYPAL ACCOUNTS WILL BE TRACKED VIA I.P. WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER WITH PAYPAL TO TRACK & REPORT HACKERS/THIEVES TO RELEVANT LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES ON YOUR REGION. IF YOUR PURCHASE IS FRAUDULENT ASK FOR A REFUND IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you for your support. Your product will be sent within 1 hour of your reply ( in most cases within 10 minutes). If you do not receive your product via email within this time please email us at e-support@electronicfirst.com.

--

ElectronicFirst Worldwide

Innovating Digital Delivery

Web: www.electronicfirst.com

Email: support@electronicfirst.com

Online 09.00 - 01.00 GMT

I just think this sounds fishy as hell. Verify my identity via telephone? Anybody else had do deal with this? Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

#2 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

enjoy identity theft

#3 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I always cancel my order when they require dumb stuff like this.

#4 Posted by Bobstar (314 posts) -

I'm not stupid, it just seems so odd since I've bought from them before without any problems at all.

#5 Posted by TromboneTony (157 posts) -

Wow, you didn't think it was fishy buying points from a sketchy looking website you've never heard of before until they ask for your phone numbers? I'd say your only was to proceed are to either give them your numbers or cancel the order.

#6 Posted by cid798 (245 posts) -

Even google does this. It's not uncommon at all.

#7 Posted by Fredddi43 (340 posts) -

I had stuff like that from eBay sellers with Microsoft points too. It's up to you if you do it, normally they refund your money if you don't. I did it once and they just asked my name and email to check if it fits the Paypal stuff and then I got my code in another email.

#8 Posted by Bobstar (314 posts) -

@TromboneTony said:

Wow, you didn't think it was fishy buying points from a sketchy looking website you've never heard of before until they ask for your phone numbers? I'd say your only was to proceed are to either give them your numbers or cancel the order.

Well, you could read my post before posting yourself. I DO know this website and I HAVE bought from it before - WITHOUT any problems.

#9 Posted by FritzDude (2265 posts) -

Scanning the website comes up with only positive traces, so the website is definitely legitimate, even though the name says the opposite. Contacting you through phone is a Security precaution that's fairly common. You could just call them instead?