#1 Edited by MrXakaRebel (58 posts) -

Due to a massive surge in automotive sales in China, and a lack of proper regulations air pollution levels in Beijing have reached a record high. The Chinese government has informed it's citizens to stay indoors for their own safety. China really does not give a fUUUck!

#2 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -
#3 Posted by Hailinel (24840 posts) -

Warning their citizens to stay inside, out of the toxic smog actually sounds like they care a lot, honestly.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

@Coombs: ...ouch. He should probably put that Master Sword back in it's pedestal sooner rather than later.

#5 Posted by ChinaDontCare (111 posts) -

China Cares

#6 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

@ChinaDontCare said:

China Cares

LMAO

#7 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

They care enough to warn their citz citz.

#8 Posted by Legion_ (1284 posts) -

It's going to be a major problem in the future. Imagine when every person in China and India have the means to buy a car. They make up three billion people combined, almost half of the earths population. Still, who can blame them? Why shouldn't they have the same benefits as us? Nobody here would stop driving to save India or China, so why would they stop to save us? Ah well, let's just hope public transport gets some momentum.

#9 Posted by Leviticus128 (217 posts) -

Warning people to stay inside after they've made the air toxic through negligance seems more like an afterthought than caring. China gone fucked up

#10 Posted by packs217 (93 posts) -

@Legion_ said:

It's going to be a major problem in the future. Imagine when every person in China and India have the means to buy a car.

That's all it'll be, imagination.

#11 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

@Legion_: well, when they stop using coal...

#12 Posted by Legion_ (1284 posts) -

@packs217 said:

@Legion_ said:

It's going to be a major problem in the future. Imagine when every person in China and India have the means to buy a car.

That's all it'll be, imagination.

Nope. Or maybe. The only thing that could stop it is a economic crisis like there's in europe now. Thing is, analysts are having a hard time figuring out where the next crisis will be. They've narrowed it down to China or Europe.

#13 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

The US govt knew the Twin Towers were laced with asbestos. One of the main reasons the buildings were due to be demolished.

After the events of 9/11 when the govt was asked whether the air was safe, they said it was perfectly fine to breathe. They didn't want lawsuits on their heads, knowing full well asbestos in any building was illegal. To cover their own backs they lied.

Most of those suffering from health problems to this day, are as a direct result of the polluted air they breathed. If the govt had spoken the truth, many of those people would have stayed indoors.

Before pointing fingers at others. Take a good look at home, at the shit govts of the people and by the people get up to.

#14 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

@Coombs:

This is my fetish.

#15 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

This is the worst of the unfunny Giant Bomb "memes"

#16 Posted by TheHT (11290 posts) -

China says:

so yeah, i guess the air is toxic. sorry about that. just stay indoors or something, meh.

#17 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

America was much the same way during the early 20th century. Environmental standards is still a low priority that non-Western governments adhere to. After all, environmentalism is still a relatively new ideology that only recently has been growing in popularity. Suppressing dissent and maintaining relevance ranks fairly highly on the list of agendas that the Communist party holds dear.

#18 Posted by scalpel (314 posts) -

@FourWude said:

The US govt knew the Twin Towers were laced with asbestos. One of the main reasons the buildings were due to be demolished.

After the events of 9/11 when the govt was asked whether the air was safe, they said it was perfectly fine to breathe. They didn't want lawsuits on their heads, knowing full well asbestos in any building was illegal. To cover their own backs they lied.

Most of those suffering from health problems to this day, are as a direct result of the polluted air they breathed. If the govt had spoken the truth, many of those people would have stayed indoors.

Before pointing fingers at others. Take a good look at home, at the shit govts of the people and by the people get up to.

Hitman?

#19 Posted by Cramsy (1168 posts) -

@Legion_ said:

It's going to be a major problem in the future. Imagine when every person in China and India have the means to buy a car. They make up three billion people combined, almost half of the earths population. Still, who can blame them? Why shouldn't they have the same benefits as us? Nobody here would stop driving to save India or China, so why would they stop to save us? Ah well, let's just hope public transport gets some momentum.

New lines of public transport in Beijing are opening as we speak. They're trying to get there, it's taking a goddam long time though

#20 Posted by l4wd0g (1952 posts) -

Mao Zedung sure didn't care.

#21 Posted by PandaBear (1375 posts) -

But all the best stuff is made there...