Choosing between two equivalent laptops- Which one do you prefer?

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By VictorK

I am currently choosing between two laptops: this ASUS and this HP.

They are the same price. They do seem quite equivalent component wise, or am I perhaps I wrong about that?

Which one would you choose?

I have mainly used HP:s products in the past; currently I use an older Hp-laptop. 
I have been nothing but satisfied with it, but it is starting to show it´s age. I have never used any product from ASUS, however.
Are they quality wise the same, or which one brand do you think is best?

I will not use the laptop for gaming, I will mainly stream videos and do work-related stuff. I want the computer to be fast and to be able to handle a lot of programs running at the same time without slowdown.

Help a fellow swede out!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

The Asus easily.

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TAFAE

I've been routinely disappointed with HP products and have usually been satisfied with the ASUS stuff I own.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I'll just say this: I spend a lot of time fixing student laptops for my college, and many of them are HP's and a decent number of brand new ones are just plain broken when we get them. Screens won't turn on, USB ports won't work, hard drives just died, BSOD's, etc.

Granted, HP might just be a more popular brand due to cheaper prices or something, but the number of broken HP's we get is sometimes astounding. I don't remember us getting many Asus's, and most of those just need virus scans or something was wrong with user error. So, Asus.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By llamaegg

I second ASUS, I have honestly never liked HP build quality. Not sure if theirs better in the price bracket, being I have no idea how much of your funny money is equal to my Canadian Funny Money.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

I haven't used the Pavillion series, but the laptops that I've had from HP have a few issues. I've never had an ASUS, but I hear good things about them and plan on picking buying one as soon as my current laptop croaks.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

In U.S HP out sources all customer service ALL of it including email support. Email support often has massive grammar and spelling errors. Not to mention each email is answered by a different person. 

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VictorK

Both computers have the same price; 5990 kr. That is about 900 US dollars.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

Based on quality of the brand, I've got to agree that I'd choose ASUS if the two laptops are equal in specs.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

In U.S HP out sources all customer service ALL of it including email support. Email support often has massive grammar and spelling errors. Not to mention each email is answered by a different person.

Sadly, that's how a big chunk of tech support operates these days. As someone who routinely interacts with outsourced support centers as part of my job, I can confirm that the quality of service is pretty middling across the board.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Ravenlight said:

Based on quality of the brand, I've got to agree that I'd choose ASUS if the two laptops are equal in specs.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

In U.S HP out sources all customer service ALL of it including email support. Email support often has massive grammar and spelling errors. Not to mention each email is answered by a different person.

Sadly, that's how a big chunk of tech support operates these days. As someone who routinely interacts with outsourced support centers as part of my job, I can confirm that the quality of service is pretty middling across the board.

They also refused to connect me to a manager. 
yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By yoshimitz707

My old HP laptop always gave me so much trouble. Go with the Asus.

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VictorK

I guess I shall buy the ASUS then. According to most of you guys, it seems the be the best choice of the two.

Thank you all for your help!

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Patman99

Even though both those websites were all written in bibaldi bap, I've heard really good things about Asus and really bad things about HP.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TyCobb

Get the ASUS. It is running a Core I-7

VictorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VictorK

@TyCobb said:

Get the ASUS. It is running a Core I-7

Is that processor better than the AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M in the HP?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By xyzygy

Asus, IMO, makes the best computers and laptops. They are just quality all around.