DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DorianBlack
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_bi_ge/circuit_city_store_closings

Yeah so they are closing 150 Circuit Cities across the country including the one I work at. I'm without a job now as are a lot of people(About 7,000). They closed all the ones in my county so I can't even transfer if I wanted to, putting aside the fact I shopped there quite a bit. I found out about this yesterday morning at what was supposed to be a Black Friday meeting. Totally bummed, it was very difficult to get that job and I barely got to work there yet.

So how is it affecting you guys? I'm sure other people in the GB community worked there.  For me it's not just unemployment, it's that there isn't anything else like Circuit City near me. I live in bumblefuck Long Island, not a lot of commerce around me. I would have to drive pretty far for my electronic needs now.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Sorry about you losing your job, but I hate Circuit City as a business. They are usually overpriced and Best Buy is a much better alternative. Even then, I hardly go to Best Buy, rather being fulfilled by GameStop.

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DorianBlack

Yeah it wasn't great but it was basically all I had. There is a Best Buy but it's pretty damn far away to just go there to shop for a hobby.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Karmum

That sucks, I hope they aren't closing the one by me. Is there a list of all the stores being closed?

theshadow027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By theshadow027

I don't usually go there myself but that really sucks for you and all the other people who lost their jobs. Maybe they'll consider opening a Best Buy and rehiring some people where you live.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

I worked at Circuit City in the mid 90's selling computers when employees there were on commission.  I was working part-time and pulling down like $1000 a week while going to college at around age 19-20.  It was one of the best times of my life.

DorianBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DorianBlack
Karmum said:
"That sucks, I hope they aren't closing the one by me. Is there a list of all the stores being closed?"
I'm not sure. I'm only aware on ones closing near me.

theshadow027 said:
"I don't usually go there myself but that really sucks for you and all the other people who lost their jobs. Maybe they'll consider opening a Best Buy and rehiring some people where you live."
Thats what I'm hoping right now. The store right next to it is closing as well and could easily be combined with Circuit City to be a Best Buy.  Best Buy and Circuit City actually have the same realtors so it's plausible.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By pause422

That really sucks, and I hope you can manage to find a job soon man.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rain_Dog

I worked at Circuit City for a short period of time, but quit because I thought it sucked. I feel bad for the people who are losing their jobs, but I don't feel bad for the company.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By erinfizz
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Megalon

That's a bummer man, good luck on the job search.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shocker

Damn, that sucks man. Hopefully they put a best buy in its place.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane

Definitely sorry to here that you have become a victim of Circuity City's downsizing.  I certainly hope that you can find a job soon.