#51 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -
@Claude said:
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
That second paragraph made me tear up a bit....  But even in a post like this, you managed to make me laugh.  Im really sorry this happened to you....  
Made you laugh.  Ha, it worked. My night is finally slowing down. I'm using this time to escape and collect my thoughts.
As you should Claude...  Take care and I hope you feel better.  Ive never been through anything like this and I can only imagine what youre going through.  
#52 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Little_Socrates: My wife loved college. She had two undergraduates and one graduate and she would say you need to get off the internet and study.

I'd take her advice, but I need to save my Creative Writing teacher's position as head of his department. That means staying up at least a little longer to message people who might've taken his class.

#53 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Hang in there, duder. Have Batman.

#54 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Little_Socrates said:

@Claude said:

@Little_Socrates: My wife loved college. She had two undergraduates and one graduate and she would say you need to get off the internet and study.

I'd take her advice, but I need to save my Creative Writing teacher's position as head of his department. That means staying up at least a little longer to message people who might've taken his class.

I see. Sounds like politics.
#55 Posted by cyraxible (688 posts) -

We haven't ever talked one on one but I've always considered you to be the heart of the GB community. It's a little weird feeling so strongly for someone who's essentially a stranger but I hope for the best for you and your family.

#56 Posted by NegativeCero (3002 posts) -

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you must feel, but I'll be praying for you and your family.

#57 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@cyraxible said:

We haven't ever talked one on one but I've always considered you to be the heart of the GB community. It's a little weird feeling so strongly for someone who's essentially a stranger but I hope for the best for you and your family.

Thanks. The one thing I try to do on the internet and especially here on Giant Bomb is be open as possible. I'm not really an anonymous type of guy.
#58 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (521 posts) -

So sorry to here that, duder. My condolences. You're a fucking institution around here, and we wish you nothing but the best.

#59 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Damn, I just saw this. I'm very sorry.

#60 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I just started a relationship a few days ago and...I guess that until very recently I wouldn't have understood what you're going through right now.

We love you Claude.

#61 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -

Holy fuck. My reaction to this thread was 

OH BOY CLAUDE MADE A NEW THREAD!

And then immediately

Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

When my dad died, there was really nothing anyone could have said to me to make it feel any better, so I'm not too sure what to say to you other than, I am sorry for your loss. At least you got to spend the time you did with her. Don't mourn her death, celebrate her life. Keep the Candy Corner going, not for you - for her.

Stay strong brother.

#62 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

My heart sank to the floor when I read that second sentence. The fact that you can even bear to get on the internet in a social capacity right now, let alone crack jokes (no matter how melancholy they may be), is incredible.

... Christ, man, I don't even really know you beyond your polls and blogs, and my heart is still breaking for your situation. You've got an ear here to use at your whim if you ever need it.

#63 Posted by Daroki (712 posts) -

Claude, best wishes for you my friend during these hard times. You're one of the people that I follow because you have a great outlook and interesting thoughts on games and non-game topics as well. Keep your head up, you've got people behind the 0s and 1s here that hope for the best for you. :(

#64 Posted by Milkman (16789 posts) -

So sorry for your loss, Claude. Stay strong, my friend.

#65 Posted by MrRedwine (430 posts) -

I'm so glad that you have had a love in your life like you have had. I'm sorry for the hurt you will feel, but I know that, someday, there will be more good days than bad days. Take care of yourself and don't be afraid to call on others for help.

#66 Posted by crazyleaves (646 posts) -

A life lost is loves cost.

Stay strong duder.

#67 Edited by JJOR64 (18991 posts) -

Changed my display pick to Claude's to spread the love for this wonderful and crazy man.

Other motherfucker.

#68 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

When I saw the thread that originally brought me this terrible news, where everyone was giving you well wishes, I wanted to say something... but I didn't know what to say. I guess two things come to mind now. I'm sorry, for everything that's happened. And I'm glad that Giantbomb can be a place where you can come and join with a great community, I hope that never changes. Because sometimes I think we all need a place like that.

#69 Posted by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

I'm sorry to hear it. I hope you can find strength and love in those around you and in yourself.

#70 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

Changed my display pick to Claude's to spread the love for this wonderful and crazy man.

Other motherfucker.

Dude, you just freaked me out. I was like, "I didn't post that."
#71 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

Oh man, really sorry for your loss, I can't imagine that. I do, however, can imagine that it takes a strong person to keep going and to want to send such a positive message. All the best, you're one of the best.

#72 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

sorry for your loss. i hope that you have feel better.

#73 Posted by RecSpec (3816 posts) -

You're a good man Claude. I was living with my grandparents when my grandmother's health problems started up, and I saw what my grandfather went through when he was taking care of her up until she passed away about 4 years ago. I have the most respect for anyone who is willing to give everything to take care of an ill loved one. Take care of yourself, and try to stay as positive as possible through all this.

#74 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

Sorry for your loss Claude,

Best wishes to you and your family.

#75 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@ShaggE said:

My heart sank to the floor when I read that second sentence. The fact that you can even bear to get on the internet in a social capacity right now, let alone crack jokes (no matter how melancholy they may be), is incredible.

... Christ, man, I don't even really know you beyond your polls and blogs, and my heart is still breaking for your situation. You've got an ear here to use at your whim if you ever need it.

Oddly enough. My wife was on the 5th floor of the hospital and on the 2nd floor my brother's stepson and his wife were having their first baby. I would go down and crack jokes. It was a hard birth for them. But the mother and baby are healthy and they come home tomorrow.
#76 Posted by SockemJetpack (408 posts) -

I don't post or interact much with the community here but I've been lurking for over a year. I don't feel I know you but during that time I feel I have come to know something of you. I do know the pain of loss and I know that words are just words at the end of the day. However I also know that in times of trouble having a community rally around you can be an amazing thing. I'm glad to be a part of that and my heart goes out to you in these rough times.

#77 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I'm so sorry to hear that, Claude. You have been and remain one of the best members of this community.

#78 Posted by wrecks (2256 posts) -

Really sorry to hear. Having someone close to me die recently, I envy the perspective you seem to be managing. I was lost.

Stay Claude.

#79 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

@Claude said:

@ShaggE said:

Oddly enough. My wife was on the 5th floor of the hospital and on the 2nd floor my brother's stepson and his wife were having their first baby. I would go down and crack jokes. It was a hard birth for them. But the mother and baby are healthy and they come home tomorrow.

Sometimes humor is necessary to stay sane. (and sanity being a tenuous state in even the most well-adjusted, we've gotta do all we can to keep it)

Glad to hear that something good is happening at the same time. It's a well-timed reminder that life is cyclical.

#80 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11735 posts) -

You've always been a consistent supporter of me and my writing, even when your comment was just "I should really play this game". Even though I don't know you as a person, as a member of this community you have always left an impression. Be it you talking about your "goddamn wii" for the song, being the only member of the Wii Defense Force who didn't leave or get banned, or writing blogs that just say "Fuck" a lot, I have always appreciated what you have done for this petty internet forum. I wish you the best in your life.

#81 Posted by JBG4 (414 posts) -

My condolences.

#82 Posted by N7 (3588 posts) -
@Claude said:
@ShaggE said:

You ever hear that theory that when a life is lost, another life begins?

That's a pretty wild coincidence.

But then again, there were probably 30 other people having babies too. It's just stranger that it was your family directly.
#83 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@ShaggE: My thoughts exactly. I couldn't help but think that while I was there.
#84 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@N7: Yeah, there were babies being born all over the place on that second floor. But I wouldn't have given it a second thought if my family weren't there.
#85 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

I never know what to say in these situations.

Anyway, Claude, in my years of lurking in these forums you have for some reason risen over the gray noise that every forum tends become if you aren't actively part of it. I don't know if it's because of how other people seem to respect you or do your comments just simply make more sense than the average duder's. Probably both.

It's inspirational to see how you opened up your heart to this silly gaming community and what the response was. We are with you and support the best we can.

I'm sorry for your loss.

#86 Posted by TOA_Doom (70 posts) -

I truly can't imagine what you're going through, but i am so sorry for your loss.

#87 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Rappelsiini said:

I never know what to say in these situations.

Anyway, Claude, in my years of lurking in these forums you have for some reason risen over the gray noise that every forum tends become if you aren't actively part of it. I don't know if it's because of how other people seem to respect you or do your comments just simply make more sense than the average duder's. Probably both.

It's inspirational to see how you opened up your heart to this silly gaming community and what the response was. We are with you and support the best we can.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you and very well said. In truth, I've grown within Giant Bomb even in my advanced age. Believe it or not, I might be a Nintendo fanboy. Don't quote me on that. It was a Wii fling. But truely, thanks for the kind words.
#88 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

You're so honest and loving, Claude. Our thoughts are with you in this time.

#89 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

I say some stupid shit on this site and it has helped me through rough patches. Sometimes it seemed like it was the best part of the day and though I never went through anything this hard, I know what this site can mean to some people. You and your wife are an inspiration. How you took care of her, dated knowing what she was going through, and how tough she was and is to have accomplished so much and still be working until the end. I hope I am lucky enough to find someone like her one day. You know you will be ok, and we are all here for you.

#90 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

I am truly sorry for your loss, Claude. I have a sister with Lupus, but I can not relate to losing someone so close to you. I wish I could do more for you than write these words. May you find peace and happiness again.

#91 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Holy shit, Claude. This blog post has successfully made me tear up and reinforce that, despite any video game, political, or socially-controversial bullshit that comes across that this community disagrees on, we are still a community of gamers and I am more than willing to call you guys my friends as well. In regards to your wife, I am speechless other than to give my fullest condolences. You know where to find the best members in the community if you need to talk.

#92 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

You have my condolences, I'm sorry for your loss.

#93 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I'm sorry for you loss, Claude. Know that we're all here to listen. There are times when the internet and video games have kept me away from worrying about stuff. The community was definitely a huge part of it.

#94 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Congratulations on the time you had together. I applaud your demeanor.

#95 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

I'm so sorry Claude... I have no words to say but... Remember the good times and always keep them in your heart. Maybe... one day, you will see each other again. Maybe not soon. But one day.

Also, it is alright to cry. It takes strength to cry. To show your feelings. Let it out if you need to, don't hold back.

I would hug you if I could, I understand the pain of death. Just as many here do. If there is anything you need help with, we ALL will help you.

#96 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Sorry for your loss, Claude. This was a very touching read.

#97 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6193 posts) -

Oh hell. Man, Claude, I am so sorry about your loss. Thoughts and prayers, yeah?

#98 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@Claude: Fuck yes Claude.

Stay strong for all the other motherfuckers out there man.

#99 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

I cannot possibly relate to what you are going through so I'll just say I am sorry and I hope you get through this.

#100 Posted by LibrorumProhibitorum (347 posts) -

I'm bad with stuff like this. I get too emotional.

I'm sorry for your loss, Claude. I hardly know you, but you seem like a really loving guy, and she was lucky to have such support.