#101 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

My thoughts and condolences are with you at what must be an incredibly difficult time. As I'm sure you've already discerned from all the messages above this one, the whole of Giant Bomb is here for you Claude. We love you dearly and will offer you all the support we can in the coming months and years.

Stay Other, Motherfucker.

#102 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

I have the utmost respect for you man... my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

#103 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -

Claude, duder, I know I speak for us all when I say, "We're here for ya - in an internet brethren sort of way".

#104 Posted by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

I've never been good at this emotional stuff, but I safely say that I am truly sorry for your loss.

And I hope you stay strong and will continue being such an awesome duder, and continue bringing use many a laughs.

Giant Bomb wouldn't be the same without you.

#105 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Claude, you're an amazing guy. You have my condolences.

#106 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Claude, I didn't get to read this today, so sorry for your loss, it's a shame.

#107 Posted by FinalDasa (1745 posts) -

That's not what I expected to read.

You're honestly much stronger than I would be in the same situation. I'm sorry such a tragedy had to strike you and your wife. But I'm sure you will be able to bear through it.

I've always respected you on GB, noticed that despite the oddities that can be found on GB you were the right type of oddity. I hope the next few days and weeks only get better and brighter for you, and I hope you find some of the solace and relief you need amongst the crazy here on GB.

Moderator Online
#108 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@FinalDasa: Thank you. People like you make me want to go back to Screened. Keep being awesome.
#109 Posted by MachoFantastico (4688 posts) -

Sorry to hear about your lost Claude.  

I was mistakenly diagnosed with Lupus at eleven and read a great deal about the disease, I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you and your wife. Having arthritis myself I know how difficult it can be to live with a chronic illness. 
Stay strong and best wishes.

#110 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Damn........ You have my sympathy, Claude. I'm sorry, man. You're definitely in my thoughts, and, for whatever it's worth, if you need anything, don't hesitate to PM me.

#111 Posted by ZombiePie (5672 posts) -

My condolences to you Claude.

I can only hope that when I grow older I can find someone with whom I can love as passionately as you did with your wife, and they the same.

#112 Posted by Gerhabio (1977 posts) -

I feel for your loss, Claude. Give yourself time to mourn.

#113 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

Sorry to hear about that, bro. My dearest condolences go to you and the family.

Stay strong.

#114 Posted by PenguinDust (12519 posts) -

I am terribly sorry for your loss and you have my condolences. The internet can be a funny place at times. Unintentional relationships can develop between disparate lives while minor similarities can draw us closer together. I know I've always felt a kinship to you and the exiled oldschool although I was the youngest of the middle-aged trio. As such, I've always looked forward to your postings here. I understood some of your situation, but it wasn't my place to pry into the intimate details of your personal life; however I am sadden to hear this news now. The loss of a loved one is a terrible thing. I wish I could say something more but you know better than most of us. Take care of yourself, Claude.

#115 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

As you can tell from all the thousands of voices, mine included, we're all saddened to hear about this and thoughts are with you.

But dude, in this literally horrific time for you, your post up at the top is the one filled with the most hope. I just want to say, from everything that got said, you're an amazing person. I'm the kind of guy who when something similar, but not as awful happened to me, I locked myself up in a room and was just snapping back to everyone for weeks. I ain't strong enough to write something like that! You're really something special, Claude. Inspiring - and that's the damned greatest achievement for the humble forum poster.

Stay other. Motherfucker.

#116 Posted by kogasu (148 posts) -

So sorry to hear about this. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like. It's good that you can remain strong through it all though. My condolences...

#117 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -

Fuck =/ I'm really sorry dude. I'm here for ya!

#118 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Tylea002: Always be other. Motherfucker.
#119 Posted by obscurefan (282 posts) -

Best wishes man, the entire community is with you.

#120 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I'm really sorry that happened to you duder, but I am glad to see that you are pulling through. Best wishes! And a smiley face :)

#121 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

Sorry for your loss, keep ya head up.

#122 Posted by Shrimpy (96 posts) -

Damn, sorry for your loss. Hope you're okay.

#123 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I am truly sorry for your loss.

#124 Edited by deathfury (531 posts) -

Sorry for your loss. My condolences go to you and your family.

#125 Posted by MetalBaofu (1386 posts) -

All I can do is reiterate what has already been said. I am truly sorry for your loss.

#126 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

I'd give ya' a bro hug if I could.

#127 Posted by pekoe212 (449 posts) -

My condolences, Claude. My grandmother has lupus so I have seen the effects first hand, it's no joke. Your wife must have been a very strong-willed woman to live with it as she did for most of her life. I wish you all the best in this new phase of your life. And thank you for writing this, it was really beautiful. :-)

#128 Posted by YoThatLimp (1909 posts) -

I don't really know you (other than you being a staple of the community), but as a husband and a duder I can barley begin to imagine. I am really sorry to hear the sad news Claude.

#129 Posted by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

I'm very sorry for your loss Claude. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

#130 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Not sure what to say here.

I love ya Claude (even if you do like the wii <3). Stay strong man.

#131 Edited by thevigilanteoflove (504 posts) -

It seems like the older I get the more people I know who experience these types of things, and how crazy it is that I haven't had to go though something like that. So I can't say that I know how you feel, but I can offer my best wishes and prayers (if that's your thing). Good luck, duder, and I hope you still find comfort with Giant Bomb.

#132 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Claude: My heart is with you Claude, it's truly difficult to know what to say or write in situations like these. So yeah...stay Claude and "other motherfucker".

#133 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

Wish you the best of luck, it's not often that I start tearing over something on the internet. Losing someone is never easy, especially someone that close. I know from personal experience that it doesn't get any easier, but what got me through it was knowing that they wouldn't want you to live the rest of your life in sadness.

#134 Posted by Pepsiman (2478 posts) -

Claude, you're a hell of a guy for having the outlook that you do in the wake of all that. I've always enjoyed watching your antics on here, even if I rarely have the time to actually join the fray these days, but after reading your deeply articulate, personal post, I have an even deeper respect now for the man behind all of the insanity. I, and I imagine most everyone else who's posted here, am honored to be a part of the little piece of the Internet you call home. You have my condolences all the way from Japan, whatever that might be worth.

You might call yourself The Other Motherfucker, but as far as I'm concerned, you're The Motherfucker in my book. I couldn't bring myself to recognize any other one as such.

#135 Posted by guiseppe (2841 posts) -

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you'll pull through. All my best wishes to you.

#136 Posted by MattyFTM (14385 posts) -

That's tragic, Claude.

#137 Edited by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

I'm sorry for your loss. I just lost my brother to cancer a couple of weeks ago. stay strong.

#138 Posted by supermike6 (3564 posts) -

You've always been one of my favourite members on here, Claude. I'm glad that this was a place where you could come and just let loose. So sorry to hear this.

#139 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

My sincerest condolences, Claude.

#140 Posted by Olqavtoras (222 posts) -

I sorry for your loss, stay strong.

#141 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

It's going to be rough Mr. Claude, but hang in there and do your best to remember the good times you had together and slowly the pain will subside to the point that it's bearable. Losing someone you care for like that is never easy, but you are a strong spirited man and I know you will keep strong. I wish you the best of luck and my heart goes out to yourself and any of your friends/family affected by this as well. From the way you talked about her it sounds like we lost one of the good ones that day.

#142 Posted by Agrammon (91 posts) -

That sucks. I'm glad we have you here because you are the best person in the world

#143 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Stay strong.

#144 Posted by JustKamToo (684 posts) -

Sorry for your loss man, all my best to you and yours.

#145 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

So sorry that happened to you. You've always been an interesting and funny person here. Stay strong!

#146 Posted by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

I'm so sorry for you and your family Claude.

I've been with my wife for about 17 years (married for 12 as of next month) and I could not imagine life without her. Our thoughts are with you :.(

#147 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Keep on keepin' on, man.

#148 Posted by ashleychittock (136 posts) -

Oh man. Dude. I dunno what to say, I'm so sorry.

*sobs a bit*

Just... just go, damnit!

#149 Posted by Quarters (1705 posts) -

Ah, geez, bro, I'm sorry. Look, I don't really know you or anything, and I've never read any of your posts or topics or whatever, but you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I realize we can't do much, but if there is anything we can do, just let us know.

#150 Posted by BSw (252 posts) -

My dearest condoleances.