#151 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

Oh Claude, you're in my heart as always dear friend. Many hugs sent your way!! <3

#152 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -

Holy shit. :(

#153 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Damn. I really don't know what to say, as if saying anything would help at all.

We'll always be here Claude.

#154 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Man... it's one of the hardest things to bear in life to see a loved one pass away. I know that personally but I won't go into it because it's depressing enough.

My best wishes to you mate and I hope you pick yourself back up!

#155 Posted by Rowr (5474 posts) -

My condolences claude, i'm sorry for your loss. Being expected doesn't make it any less painful and i'm sorry.

Your presence at giantbomb from the start has made it a better place, and for me personally the place that it is in my heart and the way i'll always remember it from the good old days, from the friendly way you have always approached on the forums to the (always hilarious) subtle to not-so-subtle trolling not to mention the occasional drunk blog :P

Although people tend to take an anonymous approach to forums, you are right they are absolutely real life (virago and myself can say better than most) and don't ever forget the friends you have here.

#156 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

My condolences.

#157 Posted by believer258 (11562 posts) -

I'm sorry for your loss, Claude, and wish you the best of luck in years to come!

#158 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

*slow clap*

You're a good man Claude, I hope you'll get through this ok. For this moment, you'll have my thoughts.

#159 Posted by Sweep (8790 posts) -

It's hard to articulate how genuinely upset I am to hear this news. You are one of the weirdest, most abstract motherfuckers I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I am truly sorry that you have to go through this.

#160 Posted by Pabba (306 posts) -

I'm very sorry for your loss, Claude. :(

Stay strong, as you obviously are.

#161 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

We'll always be here for ya, Claude. Stay strong and keep loving that god-damn Wii

#162 Posted by Trilogy (2637 posts) -

You're a stronger man than I am, Claude. I don't want to even imagine being in your position but I can imagine how much strength it takes to share this stuff with a bunch of people you haven't meant on a website about video games. Good luck, sir. I'm glad you're sticking with us.

#163 Posted by RVonE (4601 posts) -

I've tried writing this message over and over again, but nothing comes out quite right. My condolences, of course, but it hardly seems enough, nothing seems enough. I wish you and your family strength.

#164 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

My Dearest Claudio Beardkinski,

My thoughts are with you. I hope you're catching all the positivity being sent your way bro.

Remember keep your chin up and your beard down.

Much Love.

#165 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -

I'm sorry for your loss, Claude. You are truly an institution in this community, and for that, you have our sympathies.

#166 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

So sorry to hear that Claude :( glad you're still here dude it wouldn't be the same without you.

#167 Posted by yyZiggurat (1012 posts) -

That was a great post. Sorry for your lose, Claude.

#168 Posted by CookieMonster (2414 posts) -

That was really touching. Best wishes mate.

#169 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

Wow, I can't imagine what you're going through :( 

but as you can see GB is very fond of you and I appreciate that you took the time to share this with everyone

#170 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

The shadows pass and the grass holds still.

- Condolences, Claude

#171 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

Sorry for your loss Claude, condolences to you and your family.......stay strong.

#172 Posted by Nux (2294 posts) -

Stay strong and remember the power of the Other Motherfucker.

#173 Posted by officervanhalen (86 posts) -

Best wishes Pal.

#174 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

I don't know what to say Claude. You're a user on this site I care about and this is genuinely very sad news. If this blog post is anything to go by you're keeping your chin up remarkably well, and I hope you carry on with life as best you can. Never stop being Claude.

#175 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I was almost tearing up at the end of that post. D:

I wish you the best, Claude!

#176 Posted by Oni (2094 posts) -

Damn man, I don't know you very well but condolences. I admire how you seem to be dealing with this. I won't say stay strong, but yeah... I don't know what to say. Good luck.

#177 Edited by TurboMan (7341 posts) -

Sorry to hear the news, Claude. I would say that you're in my thoughts and prayers... but I know that you'd call me a pussy for saying that so I'll just keep my mouth shut.

I'll always enjoy having you around on these forums, and I hope you know that I'm still counting down the days when we finally meet in real life.

#178 Posted by Getz (2986 posts) -

Your wife was lucky to have you, and I'm sure that she was glad to have spent those last 20 years with you. Don't forget the good times, especially now.

#179 Posted by Masha2932 (1240 posts) -

My condolences mate. Stay strong.

#180 Posted by mustachioeugene (498 posts) -

So sorry for your loss mate, you have my condolences and are in our thoughts.

#181 Posted by Pezen (1550 posts) -

Dear Claude,

There are days when ones world is put in perspective by looking through the lens of someone else's situation. Today is one of those days. The warmth with which you speak of your wife and how long you two have been with each other is inspiring and genuinely flat out wonderful. Couples that care for each other like that are what I strive to achieve in my relationships, though I'll admit I haven't been that successful just yet but it's a progress as with all things. It's always a shame to see tragedy strike at such a gift, and my thoughts are with you proportionally more than I know you personally. Your post is tragic but filled with hope, and I wish nothing but the best for you and yours.

And you can bet that I'll always ride with the freak flag high, I don't know any other way to be.

#182 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

You're an amazing dude, Claude. Your wife must have been an amazing lady.

My condolences, man. May she rest however she wished.

#183 Posted by poisonmonkey (324 posts) -

Sorry to hear the news, Claude my condolences and best wishes

#184 Posted by Sanj (2340 posts) -

I'm sorry for your loss, Claude. Stay strong duder.

#185 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

That sucks man. My condolences for your loss.

Keep it positive, though, as best as you can.

#186 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

That is really awful. I'm sorry for your loss but you're the amazing Claude so I'm sure you'll make it through this.

#187 Posted by rmanthorp (3851 posts) -

+1 here for well wishes man! There is such a huge community behind you and we are ready to hear it all! You are a great man and I have the upmost respect for how strong you are being. I know if the same thing happened to me I would be a mess I don't think I would be able to express my feelings so well through text like that. My thoughts are with you duder and stay strong. You have certainly done a huge amount for this community to have left a huge and unforgettable impression on myself and many others.

I'm sure she was a wonderful woman and may she rest in piece.

#188 Posted by Brendan (7666 posts) -

I'm sorry.

Keep on living strong.

#189 Posted by Pop (2593 posts) -

Damn man. Stay strong duder.

#190 Posted by randiolo (1090 posts) -

My deepest condolences. I cannot comprehend weight of your loss. Stay strong.

#191 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1033 posts) -

Just being able to go on the internet and write a coherent sentence shows you're tougher than I am in situations like this. Kudos.

#192 Posted by LordAndrew (14417 posts) -

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You have always meant a lot to us and we're here for you, Claude. You will always be our other motherfucker. Stay strong.

#193 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I am really sorry, Claude. I don't post a large amount on the forums. But, you are a constant source of smiles and chuckles as I daily stalk the forums, without much in the way of posting. As Matt Rorie would say, "It's been a long road". Your post was filled with the same optimism and forward thinking that will get you through this and know that we are all here for you. Even though most of us will still make fun of you liking the Wii so much.

#194 Posted by Wacomole (815 posts) -

Damn, mate.

That's truly saddening news to hear.

I'm pretty sure everyone that's ever encountered you here at your second family on Giant Bomb will be wishing you all the best.

Stay Claude, Claude!

#195 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Speechless Claude - just - speechless :(

You know where we are <3 x

#196 Posted by PK_Koopa (581 posts) -

I'm not really sure what to say, or if anything I say will actually help, but by the looks of how you wrote that post I think you're gonna be alright.

I'm just a lurker, but I've seen and loved many of your threads. I'm glad you were able to share this with us too, and I'm really sorry for your loss.

#197 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -

Strength, man. Strength.

#198 Posted by Sackmanjones (4650 posts) -

Best wishes to ya mate. I can't imagine what your going through. I think it's amazing how supportive an Internet community can be and I'm proud to be apart of it. Again I'm very sorry for your loss, keep your head up. Your wife was very lucky to have someone like you

#199 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I've been with my girlfriend since I was 17 (currently 23) and the thought of losing her makes me feel ill.

That you were with your wife for more than 20 years? Man, I can't even imagine the feeling of losing your partner. At least you had all of those years together, though.

Huge condolences, man.

#200 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Claude, even though I thought you were a crazy old bastard, the loss of your wife is truly saddening. My condolences.