#1 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -

Anyone been watching the 2012 Coachella shows on YouTube? Here's the link for anyone who's interested: Coachella 2012

Pretty good performances so far. I'll definitely be checking out Bon Iver's set at 9:30 PST tonight (I'm actually going to see them in concert on Tuesday). And the 11:05 timeslot said TBA up until recently - it's been confirmed that Radiohead's concert will be shown at that time. I'm a huge RH fan, so I'll be glued to my computer screen.

#2 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

Thanks for reminding me, will have to check this out

#3 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

... i missed refused

#4 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

sucks being on maritime time!

#5 Posted by Scrawnto (2440 posts) -

I'll be watching Justice and Beirut tomorrow. Most of the rest don't interest me all that much.

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I missed Childish Gambino.

#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

Did Dre and Warren G perform already? oh ASAP Rocky is on there, maybe I'll watch this after all...

#8 Posted by NegativeCero (2996 posts) -

I assume they won't post what we've missed later. I won't be around to watch it live, so I'll be bummed if not. Hopefully I'll be able to at least see At The Drive In. Super curious how they've changed, if at all, after they reunited

#9 Posted by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -
@BraveToaster

I missed Childish Gambino.

He was great but his band were all over the place.

Really looking forward to Radiohead later, even if it means I just stay up all night(its 3am right now here in the UK and Radiohead go on four hours from now)
#10 Posted by mosespippy (4127 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

I assume they won't post what we've missed later. I won't be around to watch it live, so I'll be bummed if not. Hopefully I'll be able to at least see At The Drive In. Super curious how they've changed, if at all, after they reunited

Last nights stuff was rebroadcast on the live stream this morning so I saw M83 twice. I imagine the same will happen tomorrow. It seems like select songs were posted to the cannel as well.

#11 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Im only going to watch Dr Dre this year...  According to Kendrick Lamar its going to be pretty good

#12 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Some people are recording the shows and posting them at later times. I've already come across the entire sets for the Black Keys, Pulp, and Frank Ocean. So I wouldn't be too surprised if some more shows are uploaded in the next day or two.

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -

GUYS ST. VINCENT IS SHREDDING FUCKING HARD ON CHANNEL 3 RIGHT NOW

Ugh I need to go see her live again sometime soon.

#14 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1767 posts) -

I am stoked to watch At The Drive-In tomorrow.

#15 Posted by Zelnox (387 posts) -

The image quality is pretty good, but the sound quality is weird. At least it's not worse than radio quality.

#16 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

I've seen Childish Gambino I'm watching the Shins and I will be seeing Radiohead later tonight, tomorrow I'm going to try and watch The Hives, Justice and At The Drive In.

#17 Posted by amlabella (323 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

GUYS ST. VINCENT IS SHREDDING FUCKING HARD ON CHANNEL 3 RIGHT NOW

Ugh I need to go see her live again sometime soon.

Seriously, what a great performance. She's in the crowd as I type this heh.

#18 Posted by HisDudeness (252 posts) -

St. Vincent absolutely killed Coachella.

#19 Posted by mosespippy (4127 posts) -
#20 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

That Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg show.  Oh mykjadfklajdfkljads;lkfja;lkdjfla;kfjd;lkadjsf.  That was the best show Ive ever seen.  They brought out 50 Cent, Wiz, Kendrick, Tony Yayo and Eminem.  Plus they fucking got a 3D model of 2Pac!!!  Like that goes motherfucking beyond what I was expecting.  I knew all the damn lyrics and the people there werent cheering loud enough!

#21 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Still the worst crowd I've ever seen.

#22 Posted by Andorski (5287 posts) -

Just got back from Indio. It was my first Coachella and it was a fucking blast. The group I went with are mostly fans of EDM, so I stayed at the Sahara tent (and the Main Stage) watching various DJs. I thought Nero, Swedish House Mafia and Madeon had the best sets. Justice was great too, but I couldn't stay the whole time for their performance.

Also got to see Bon Iver, Radiohead, Kaiser Chiefs, M83, and Childish Gambino. This was the first time I got any of these guys live and they were all great. I've never even heard of Kaiser Chiefs and M83 before this weekend, but I'm definitely going to check out their discographies.

Lastly, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg absolutely murdered the entire crowd at the end. Never have I've seen ravers, hippies and hipsters sing along in unison The Next Episode. I was kinda weirded out when they brought holo-pac

#23 Posted by Jumanji (447 posts) -

Nothing else about coachella matters except the fucking tupac hologram. If the fake computer man puts on a more convincing performance than the actual living flesh-and-blood performer standing right next to it, then you know that the FUTURE IS NOW

#24 Posted by Andorski (5287 posts) -

[continuation of last post; this shitty mobile version of this site does not have text editing...]

. At first it seemed a little distasteful. Earlier, they did a Nate Dogg tribute where they just had his vocals on the track while they showed pictures of him through his life on the screen. Meanwhile they get this Tupac puppet to dance and sing in front of the crowd. After thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that the weirdness of that part of the performance is solely because this holographic-type of technology is still new and will be considered kinda creepy until it becomes a normal piece of technology that entertainers use for live shows. Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg obviously wanted to honor a friend, and from what I hear, Tupac's mother keeps a close eye on how her son's songs and image are used.

So yea, Coachella was fucking amazing. A great life experience. Also, for the guy noting how the crowd is kinda week during the show: Drugs. So many Drugs. By day three people were basically doing their shit right in front of the staff and not giving a fuck.

#25 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

@killacam said:

... i missed refused

Can still find some songs on youtube now. I almost had a seizure its so good. Wish I was there for that shit.

#26 Posted by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -

Now it's over and the dust has settled I feel confident saying St. Vincent had the best set of the whole thing. Closely followed by Radiohead.

She fucking DESTROYED.

#27 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

@killacam said:

... i missed refused

Can still find some songs on youtube now. I almost had a seizure its so good. Wish I was there for that shit.

ah i'll look again, thanks. could only find low-fi vids of new noise last i checked.

#28 Posted by Grillbar (1816 posts) -

i saw radio head other then that no, heard about holo 2pac

#29 Posted by Philantrophy (354 posts) -

The 2pac thing was cool, a little weird but still cool.

#30 Posted by Mageman (351 posts) -

@Andorski said:

Just got back from Indio. It was my first Coachella and it was a fucking blast. The group I went with are mostly fans of EDM, so I stayed at the Sahara tent (and the Main Stage) watching various DJs. I thought Nero, Swedish House Mafia and Madeon had the best sets. Justice was great too, but I couldn't stay the whole time for their performance. Also got to see Bon Iver, Radiohead, Kaiser Chiefs, M83, and Childish Gambino. This was the first time I got any of these guys live and they were all great. I've never even heard of Kaiser Chiefs and M83 before this weekend, but I'm definitely going to check out their discographies. Lastly, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg absolutely murdered the entire crowd at the end. Never have I've seen ravers, hippies and hipsters sing along in unison The Next Episode. I was kinda weirded out when they brought holo-pac

Shit I'm so jealous of you motherfuckers having such shows available.

#31 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Holopac weirded me the fuck out in the best way possible

#32 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Holopac weirded me the fuck out in the best way possible