• 69 results
#51 Posted by MikeinSC (910 posts) -

Ferguson is markedly more entertaining and his show has been the best late night show on for a while. Colbert has been a one-note "joke" for years now. Maybe he has depth he's never showed before, but it seems unlikely.

#52 Posted by BradBrains (1060 posts) -

@mikeinsc said:

Ferguson is markedly more entertaining and his show has been the best late night show on for a while. Colbert has been a one-note "joke" for years now. Maybe he has depth he's never showed before, but it seems unlikely.

well rumours are chelsea handler is talking over craigs spot so we may see a whole new late show evening next year.

apparently they probably wont make another political like tv show to replace colbert which is probably the worst part about this.

#53 Edited by forteexe21 (397 posts) -

Noooooo! Dont retire the persona! Who will warn us of the threat of the bears, those godless killing machines! Id settle for having his persona be his side kick (I guess im in 4th stage?)

EDIT: And Colbert Report ends in 8 months?! T_T

#54 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1783 posts) -

I can't say I'm too broken up about it. I used to love the Daily Show and Colbert Report, but after a while the one-note cynicism and sarcasm grew tired and rote. I'm looking forward to seeing Stephen be Stephen for a change.

#55 Posted by Harpell (174 posts) -

@markwahlberg: Craig Ferguson would have been awesome, too.

Seems like an interesting fit to me. I've enjoyed Colbert since he was on The Daily Show. Hopefully we'll see some good stuff from him, besides the Bill O'Reilly caricature he's perfected over the years.

#56 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

Are late night shows relevant anymore? Seriously curious. I haven't watched late night TV for about 10 years now. I guess it must still be getting ratings?

I think he's a fine choice and will do a great job.

#57 Posted by Slag (4610 posts) -

eh, I don't watch late night TV anyway.

can't blame Colbert if he's tired of playing a dolt and wants to do something new where he can be himself. That's gotta get old.

#58 Posted by maverick1 (92 posts) -

I feel conflicted. I'm happy for Colbert but his show will be missed.

#59 Posted by RecSpec (3849 posts) -

Haha! Dangly parts.

#60 Posted by development (2427 posts) -

I don't like late-night talk shows because I hate celebrity interviews. I'll give it a shot, though. I love Colbert.

#61 Edited by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -

It makes me sad cause ill probably never see it if it isn't on hulu.

#62 Edited by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

@recspec: as much as I love the Colbert Report, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is probably my favorite thing Colbert has ever done.

Actually we can end that sentence early. Harvey Birdman is probably my favorite thing.

#63 Posted by MrFalcon (45 posts) -
#64 Edited by RollingZeppelin (2025 posts) -

@narujoe93: yeah, those episodes were awesome. Especially with David Lynch's awful training ha ha.

#65 Posted by LTSmash (637 posts) -

@recspec: as much as I love the Colbert Report, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is probably my favorite thing Colbert has ever done.

Actually we can end that sentence early. Harvey Birdman is probably my favorite thing.

He was pretty great on Venture Brothers too:

#66 Edited by Royce_McCutcheon (211 posts) -

CBS dumping Craig would be a travesty. Sadly, I feel fairly sure that's how things are going down.

#67 Posted by BradBrains (1060 posts) -

CBS dumping Craig would be a travesty. Sadly, I feel fairly sure that's how things are going down.

it will happen no doubt. rumour is chelsea handler is taking over

#68 Posted by ThatOneDudeNick (652 posts) -

Colbert is a cool dude (even when he's not playing the character). I think he'll be a good replacement. That being said, I give no shits about late night talk shows. Even when they're at their best, it's still awkward and rarely funny or interesting. I wonder if he gets to bring a couple of his writers along.

What happens to the awesome staff at The Colbert Report? I guess they have a while to find new work. I can't picture anyone else coming on after The Daily Show. I hope Comedy Central doesn't force it, and they get a show that isn't trying to mimic what Colbert Report was. I care more because The Colbert Report is ending, not so much because I care about Letterman's show. I'll give it a fair shot, only because it's Colbert. However, it needs be incredible to get me to continue watching.

#69 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3562 posts) -

I like this move cause of the friendly relationship Fallon and Colbert have had over the years. Kinda reminds me of the the more friendlier times Leno and Letterman had during the 80's. Who would of thought Phil Ken Sebbenen from Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law would be hosting the Late Show.

#70 Posted by PowerHerc (15 posts) -

I'll miss Letterman.