• 54 results
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#51  Edited By beargirl1

@CrossTheAtlantic: i still appreciate sharing your experience regardless. i'm trying to look more into PCs now but i'm still not making a move until i get a reply from the email i sent asking what software i'd need. it's not very reassuring that i haven't gotten a response back one day later.. although i'm not sure about the standard speeds at which emails get answered during a period with no classes

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By breadfan

@Hunter5024 said:

My friend had an HP, and it had multiple problems throughout it's life and was completely unsuable within 2 years. That's the only advice I have for you, I am currently in exactly the same situation.

Eff HP. Got one when I started college and it hardly made it through the year.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By shadows_kill

I just got a Dell XPS for my college (starting in 10 days!) and I love mine so far and I've thrown a lot at it and its handled it easy. I haven't edited any videos or anything like that but it can handle games from hitman blood money to Metro 2033. I haven't had any lock ups or anything so I would highly recommend it so far!

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@AjayRaz said:

@CrossTheAtlantic: i still appreciate sharing your experience regardless. i'm trying to look more into PCs now but i'm still not making a move until i get a reply from the email i sent asking what software i'd need. it's not very reassuring that i haven't gotten a response back one day later.. although i'm not sure about the standard speeds at which emails get answered during a period with no classes

PC's are great too! It really just depends on your industry. Software isn't near as likely to be Windows-only anymore and, like I said, I dual boot so its nice to go back and forth. I wouldn't sweat the delayed email. They'll probably get to you. If there's anything I learned at school, it's that the administration is usually a crazy mess.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By Benny

@AjayRaz: OP if you didn't make a decision yet I implore you to check out Sager / Clevo laptops, they are the absolute best value for your money by a mile and superior in build quality, and components choice to everything else out there. I guarantee you'll be able to get a laptop that can run skyrim at 60 on ultra settings / witcher 2 at 60fps on high for your pricerange or slightly above it which inclues an i7 processor, 8 gigs of ram, a high end GPU etc. All other recommendations unless heavily discounted can't compete.