#1 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Question in the title. I waited a bit too long to schedule my classes and was only able to get 4 classes I wanted/need:

• Advanced C++
  • Advanced VB.net
  • Advanced Calc.
  • Advanced HTML

My first class is at 7:30 in the morning and my last class ends at 4 (each class is 2 hours long) and it takes me 30 minutes to commute to school at least... this is going to be a rough semester. I was hoping to be able to take 18 credit hours but oh well, I work about 30 hours a week so I suppose those classes will be enough.

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

I've barely looked at mine because of pure horror. Just imagine lots of biology and chemistry shit

#3 Posted by LikeaSsur (1495 posts) -

School every day but Friday, start at 8, ends at 4, then I have extracurricular activities from 7 until 9.

Needless to say, I'll be busy.

#4 Edited by Socialone (202 posts) -
  • Monday morning: Sociology of education
  • Monday afternoon : Introduction to Quebec's sociology
  • Tuesday afternoon: Introduction to social statistics
  • Thursday morning : History of social reflexion
  • Friday morning : Construction of qualitative data

Getting up at 6am three times a week is a bit sucky, but I'm still very excited. I normally don't like stats classes, but they make me feel like I'm doing a real degree, to get a real job.

#5 Posted by Jrinswand (1696 posts) -

I've got a three hour Technical and Professional Editing course on Mondays and a three hour Literature course on Tuesdays. Other than those two classes and the ones I'll be teaching, my week is pretty wide open. I'm pretty psyched about my schedule this semester. Now hopefully I will just be able to take the bus to work every day.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23967 posts) -

When I was in college, I typically took three classes a quarter. Two in the morning/mid-day, and a two-hour class in the late afternoon. In between, I had a campus job where I had to attend other classes and run recording and projection equipment for the lecturers. So i was kept pretty busy and generally only had free time around the lunch hour and in the evenings.

#7 Posted by Shaka999 (456 posts) -

Let's see... since my school is now switching to semesters, my schedule is kinda weird. I liked quarter scheduling a lot better; fewer classes, easier schedule.

I got 4 comp sci classes & an arabic class. M/W/F I'm in class from like 8-11, work til 5. Tu/Th Class from 11-8 with a few breaks in between the classes, although none longer than an hour, then a club I'm in from 8-11.

Now that I've written all of that out, man, fuck semesters...

#8 Posted by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

College in Canada works a little different, you don't pick your classes like that, you pick a course and all your classes are picked for you for 4 years. I went into school for Networking and for 4 years college was 8-4. I had a 50K/y job 2 months after graduating in IT.

#9 Posted by Phyrlord (171 posts) -

@matthias2437 said:

Question in the title. I waited a bit too long to schedule my classes and was only able to get 4 classes I wanted/need:

• Advanced C++
  • Advanced VB.net
  • Advanced Calc.
  • Advanced HTML

My first class is at 7:30 in the morning and my last class ends at 4 (each class is 2 hours long) and it takes me 30 minutes to commute to school at least... this is going to be a rough semester. I was hoping to be able to take 18 credit hours but oh well, I work about 30 hours a week so I suppose those classes will be enough.

Oh and BTW.. stick to this.. I wasn't cut out for coding.. I do like advance batch scripts and some VBS when needed but that's about it.. but man.. good coders are PRICELESS in the industry.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11869 posts) -

Man, you're just reminding me that school starts again soon.

#11 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@Phyrlord: Yeah I plan on it. I LOVE coding and had it come pretty naturally to me so I am going to stick with it and try to make a dent in the industry some how.

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -
  • Industrial Organization
  • Strategy: Domestic & International Perspectives
  • Basics of Supply Chain Management
  • Planning for Supply Chain Management
  • Supply Management

3 once a week night classes, 2 three times a week classes in early afternoon.

#13 Edited by Max_Cherry (1131 posts) -

Topology, Complex analysis/riemann surfaces (graduate course), Commutative Algebra (graduate course), Senior Math seminar Contemporary Civilization (required), PE (required), Auditing graduate Differential Geometry and PDE, Preparing for the GRE/GRE math. Independent study for senior math thesis. Hopefully, That will be enough. Time range of classes are from 8:30am to 7:30pm... Also, fighting depression.

#14 Posted by xyzygy (9899 posts) -

7:30???? Jesus. The earliest classes we have at my university are 8:30, but thankfully I've never had any. My earliest this year is 10:30 I believe, which isn't bad at all. I can stumble out of bed at 10, shower, and walk there on time. And on Fridays I only have one class. I'll be taking

German 3000

German Art and Literature

French 2000

French Art and Literature

All of which count towards my degree :) I registered first day you could haha

#15 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

Hellish. I have close to 10 hours of film every monday, for example.

#16 Posted by d_breeze (223 posts) -

> Artificial Intelligence Programming

> Fundamentals of Electromagnetism & Photonics

> Fundamentals of Systems & Signals

> Philosophy, Race, & Racism

> Ethical Problems & Public Issues

Two days are a 9-5, one day is 9:30-2, one day is 9:30-11, and one is 9-2; there are some breaks in between my classes as well. I'm not a morning person so class at 9 will be a challenge for me personally (even though it could be a lot worse). I also don't start class until late September so there's time to change my schedule again if I want to.

#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

I'll let you know when my school grades my writing exam. That's all I need and then I can register but I'm going to take courses to major in nursing.

#18 Posted by PeteyCoco (96 posts) -

I just transferred into Physics from Anthropology so it's a year of intro courses!

Fall:

- Multi-variable Calculus I

- Mechanics (w/ labs)

- General Chemistry I (w/ labs)

- Introductory Biology (w/ labs)

Winter:

- Multi-variable Calculus II

- Electricity & Magnetism (w/ labs)

- General Chemistry II (w/ labs)

- Waves & Modern Physics (w/ labs)

My minor is still listed as Art History, but there's no room for any of that now :P

#19 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@PeteyCoco said:

I just transferred into Physics from Anthropology so it's a year of intro courses!

Fall:

- Multi-variable Calculus I

- Mechanics (w/ labs)

- General Chemistry I (w/ labs)

- Introductory Biology (w/ labs)

Winter:

- Multi-variable Calculus II

- Electricity & Magnetism (w/ labs)

- General Chemistry II (w/ labs)

- Waves & Modern Physics (w/ labs)

My minor is still listed as Art History, but there's no room for any of that now :P

I see no fun at all.

#20 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -

This semester is gonna rock.

#21 Edited by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The only break I get from school is two weeks of Winter break, so I have enough time to work and receive my degree on schedule.

#22 Posted by PeteyCoco (96 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER: The reason I'm cramming so much into one year though is that to transfer into McGill you need a year of sciences courses and the associated labs to even be considered (the physics department at my school is awful). You are right though, no fun indeed.

#23 Posted by FreakAche (2950 posts) -

Fall:

Automata Theory and Formal Languages

Technical Communication in Computer Science

Intro to Data Mining

Project Management

Winter:

Analysis of Algorithms and Data Structures

Distributed Computing

Intro to Computer Systems

Software Engineering 2

Database Implementation

#24 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

I'm still a sophomore at a community college so I am free to take all of my classes online for a year or so more before I transfer to University. This semester I've got Introduction to Philosophy, Short Story Writing, some dumb Math course, and Stars, Galaxies, and The Universe. I'm scared of Philosophy, and the Short Story Writing class, but hopefully they will be fun.

#25 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Computer Concepts, 09:00AM - 09:50AM, MWF

Strategies Intervention, 11:00AM - 11:50AM, MWF

College Arithmetic, 12:00PM - 12:50PM, MWF

Taking a half load for my first semester. Also, I tested really low for Math. Got stuck in some of the lowest of the Math classes.

#26 Posted by robdburrows (40 posts) -

Fall:

MATH 122 - Calculus II

ENGL 204 - Business and Technical Writing

CSCI 265 - Software Engineering

CSCI 400 - Computers and Society

Winter:

MATH 123 - Logic and Foundations

CSCI 251 -Systems and Networks

CSCI 261 - Computer Architecture & Assembly Language

PHIL 491A - Directed Study: Randian Literature and Other Egoist Thinkers

I might take a second directed study in Philosophy of Language depending on how I feel.

#27 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

when i was in community college my schedule was usually like 9:30- 10:50 and then 11-12:15 or something like that. i would get home at 12:45 everyday. i graduated from there and now i work part time.

#28 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

This is my first semester in college but due to financial issues I was couldn't afford to pay for classes in time and got waitlisted for quite a few of them. I only got into two sadly :*(

Mondays:

Anthropology 9:30 AM-11:00AM

Film 12:00PM-2:00PM

Wednesdays:

Anthropology 9:30 AM-11:00 AM

Needless to say, I'll have a lot of time on my hands. Hopefully, since I did well on the placement tests this wont impede on my transfer progress.

#29 Posted by legendlexicon (97 posts) -

@Max_Cherry: You are speaking my language. I'm not on your level yet, but I've read some topology and complex analysis this summer.

#30 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2588 posts) -

It has been a long time, but I typically took four courses a semenester and they meet three days a week (I think?). I tried to take classes starting at 9AM or at least in the early afternoon, and then I liked to have my afternoons and weekends off. That mostly worked, I think I only had a few evening classes in undergrad that were unavoidable. I took early classes because I needed to work, but I was an NCAA athlete too so I needed 5am to 7:30AM to go to mandatory practice.

In graduate school, I took half afternoon and half-evening classes. In addition, in graduate school I would take three week long, every day, for four hours classes that were worth full credit...that was the easiest way to pound through classes to finish the degree.

#31 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

This will be my first year of college and I will go Monday through Friday. I believe it's 10somthing am until 1:45pm or so. I start the 22nd, hopefully I like it.

#32 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

I'm starting at a technical school for Aviation Maintenance Technology in September and it's M-F 8:00 - 2:30. These are the general courses I have to take, the numbers next to them represent the number of hours I need for each course.

Mathematics 18

Basic Physics 12

Basic Electricity 83

Aircraft Drawings 36

Aircraft Weight & Balance 30

Materials & Processes 90

Fluid Lines & Fittings 30

Cleaning & Corrosion Control 35

Ground Operator & Servicing 30

Maintenance Publications 18

Maintenance Forms & Records 12

Privileges & Limits 6

#33 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Cancer biology
Vertebrate physiology
Cellular neurobiology
Biochemistry or philosophy

#34 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Kind of intimidated to post my courses since they are not so advanced and boring compared to others in here. They are just required courses that I want to get out of the way.

#35 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2051 posts) -

Ugh. All this thread reminded me is that I still need to pick classes even though I still have no idea what I'd like to do with my life. I wish I wasn't such a damn procrastinator and knew what to do. Fuck.

#36 Posted by StarFoxA (5140 posts) -

Intro to Film, Web Programming and Design, Statistics, and English Composition (ENC1145). I set up my schedule so that it's mostly midday/later in the day so I can have a part-time job earlier in the day, if possible.

#37 Edited by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Oceanography (had to have one last physical science class)

Intro to Philosophy (I'm a senior philosophy with a concentration in religion major taking Phil-100 finally lol)

Medieval Philosophy

Religions of Asia

Philosophy of Religion

#38 Edited by kerse (2102 posts) -

sociology 101 at 10am

humanities: universal themes at 11am

college algebra at 12pm

trigonometry at 1pm

english 101 online

Just starting out, I feel like its gonna be pretty easy except for english, I'm so bad at writing. Maybe sociology and that humanities class will suck too I'm not sure how much writing is gonna go on in those classes.

#39 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

I have 7 courses this semester. Class Mon-Thurs. I only have a week of College left than I start working full time on the 20th.

Fuck school, I am happy to be almost over with it.

#40 Edited by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

@Th3_James said:

I have 7 courses this semester. Class Mon-Thurs. I only have a week of College left than I start working full time on the 20th.

7? Don't die.

Edit: In fact, I'm wondering if some of your courses are the 1 credit hour type.

#41 Posted by Levius (1084 posts) -

My university (college covers university in the US right?) schedule this year is:

Autumn:

Nuclear Physics

Particle Physics

Electrons in Solids

Magnetism and Advanced Electrodynamics

Atomic and Laser Physics

Physics Level 3 Project 1

Spring:

Further Quantum Mechanics

Techniques of Problem Solving in Physics

Nuclear Astrophysics

Dark Matter and the Universe

Statistical Physics

Group Project in Physics

#42 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

@nrh79 said:

@Th3_James said:

7? Don't die.

Edit: In fact, I'm wondering if some of your courses are the 1 credit hour type.

They are 3 hours each

#43 Edited by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

@Th3_James: Well, all my blessings upon you.

Edit: My last week of school this summer session was pretty much the hardest thing ever.