#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't know if it's serious or not, but I'm curious if this has happened to anybody else, I've noticed this while covering each eye because the eye doctor keeps screwing up my prescription. I'm looking at this sign here which has red text out of my right eye, but when I switch to my left eye the text becomes pink. Am I going to die? Yes I realize giantbomb are not doctors, I just don't feel like going to the doctor if it's nothing serious.

#2 Posted by jking47 (1211 posts) -

TAKE IT OUT WITH A SPOON QUICKLY BEFORE IT INFECTS YOUR BRAIN!!

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5322 posts) -

I think you may have leprosy. I wouldn't worry about it.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I thought you were talking about different colored eyes. This just sounds like differences in sensitivity between the rods and cones in each eye or something.

#5 Posted by Swaboo (451 posts) -

It's Lupus.

#6 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

Have you been hit in the head recently?

#7 Edited by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

You might have pinkeye. Did you or someone you know fart on your head pillow? This can cause pinkeye. Source: I read it somewhere on the internet.

#8 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

You're not going to die, it's just a form of colourblindness in one eye. See your Doctor, but there is no need to panic dude.

#9 Posted by egg (1467 posts) -

Does it still happen if you look at the sign from a different angle? Also are you sure you're not imagining it? If I cover an eye, I can never tell which of my eyes is the better one, if I do it always feels like I'm imagining things.

Whenever I posted about my ear being clogged or possibly infected, people would always tell to just go see a doctor. So... go see a doctor.

#10 Edited by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

Try Yahoo Answers. It always gives sound advice.

#11 Posted by believer258 (11905 posts) -

Nope, don't have that issue and have never heard of it.

#12 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

I have the same, and have had for as long as I can remember. I'll let you know if I develop a tumourous growth in one of my eyes, but I'd say you're fine.

#13 Posted by Scrawnto (2446 posts) -
#14 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

Yeah, I'd say it's some form of color-blindness. It's awkward that it's only out of one eye. I'm pretty sure my left eye is slightly worse than my right 'cause when I cover my right eye the left is a little unfocused. I have 20/20 though...

#15 Edited by TruthTellah (9074 posts) -

@CL60: It's a common human experience. Most people never even notice that we slightly see colors differently from each eye. In some people, it is more pronounced, and with others, it can get more disparate with age.

It can also be caused by damage from a laser or strong light only hitting one eye, but unless you have had eye surgery or had a known incident, that's unlikely. It's more likely that you simply have a natural difference in color that has become more noticeable as you've gotten older. It shouldn't have anything to do with a wrongful prescription, but you can mention it to your eye doctor to look into. Unless it is particularly distracting, I doubt it is something really worth much concern.

#16 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

I experienced this briefly and after googling some website was telling me it was the sweetener in Diet drinks, sounds unlikely to me though and it eventually passed.

#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Scrawnto

@CL60: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-green_color_blindness#Dichromacy

Apparently some forms of red-weak color blindess can occur in a single eye. Though if this is a new issue, it probably isn't that.

I'm not entirely sure if it's new or not, I've just only recently been covering 1 eye because the eye doctor keeps screwing up my prescription in one eye.
#18 Posted by CornBREDX (5279 posts) -

You could just be color blind in one eye. It does happen much like some people cant see as well in one eye as the other (one is far sighted or something).

#19 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

I have a similar problem, in my left eye colors seem brighter and my right eye colors are more intense.

#20 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

You may have ass cancer. Infact, you DO have ass cancer.

#21 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Scooper said:

You may have ass cancer. Infact, you DO have ass cancer.

Oh no. :(

#22 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4605 posts) -

I've actually noticed it before, but I can't seem to get it now. So maybe you won't die?

#23 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Courtesy of the Steam Sale thread.

#24 Posted by GiantBomber (350 posts) -

Pink eye is a hell of a dru... yes.. drug.