Come on Pakistan!!!

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By mracoon

Those interested in cricket probably know about the Twenty20 world cup that just finished. It's a form of the game which, as the title suggests, contains 20 overs (an over consists of 6 balls) and is probably the most exciting version of the game to watch. 

The tournament just finished and the team I support, Pakistan, went against all odds to win it by beating Sri Lanka. Seeing as they've had no practice coming into the tournament as they can't really play in their own country I'm really proud of their performance as they improved lot along the way.

As most people on GB are American so I don't expect many of you to watch or understand cricket but I think everyone should give it a try, especially Twenty20. It's fast paced and people go for big shots so you don't have much down time like in test cricket.

Anyway are there any cricket fans here on GB? And specifically any Pakistani fans?

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PJ

Cricket? Pakistani cricket fans? No offence dude but I think you made the wrong turn at google avenue.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper
@PJ: Don't post here then, he's not after your views. He wants to hear from people who are interested in the Sport.

Anyway, I love watching cricket in real life. I live in a town where England sometimes practise and love sitting there of a summer's afternoon. I don't understand alot of the rules but then again I doubt the players know all of it hahaha. I haven't been watching it but I want to have a go at getting into watching and learning the sport.
daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daz0608

Yea Pakistan did really well, I don't think many people would have backed them after their opening game against England but they did well.

I really enjoyed the tournament the past fortnight, lots of great cricket was played and now looking forward to the Ashes
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mracoon

On a random tangent why haven't they made a cricket game for the Wii yet? I think it would work well especially with motionplus.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I am a cricket fan. Twenty20, however, is not cricket. You might as well just watch baseball. It's the same premise. Hit the ball as hard as you can and then run as fast as you can. It contains none of the skill and strategy of proper cricket.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mracoon
@MattyFTM said:
" I am a cricket fan. Twenty20, however, is not cricket. You might as well just watch baseball. It's the same premise. Hit the ball as hard as you can and then run as fast as you can. It contains none of the skill and strategy of proper cricket. "
Not true at all. Bowlers dominated this tournament and if you tried to go for a reckless shot you'd have been out straight away. One-day and Test cricket still have their place but T20 is just a different form of the game which is played in a different way.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Gizmo

I only watch the Ashes.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By skywing

I'm not a fan of Pakistan

LETS GO AFGHANISTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pirate_republic

I was under the impression that nobody likes cricket. I guess I was wrong.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By DirrtyNinja
@MattyFTM said:
" I am a cricket fan. Twenty20, however, is not cricket. You might as well just watch baseball. It's the same premise. Hit the ball as hard as you can and then run as fast as you can. It contains none of the skill and strategy of proper cricket. "
This "proper" cricket you speak of, is a 5 day long bore fest. At least twenty20 had "some" excitement.
Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Ishoturface
@mracoon said:
"Those interested in cricket probably know about the Twenty20 world cup that just finished. It's a form of the game which, as the title suggests, contains 20 overs (an over consists of 6 balls) and is probably the most exciting version of the game to watch.  The tournament just finished and the team I support, Pakistan, went against all odds to win it by beating Sri Lanka. Seeing as they've had no practice coming into the tournament as they can't really play in their own country I'm really proud of their performance as they improved lot along the way.As most people on GB are American so I don't expect many of you to watch or understand cricket but I think everyone should give it a try, especially Twenty20. It's fast paced and people go for big shots so you don't have much down time like in test cricket.Anyway are there any cricket fans here on GB? And specifically any Pakistani fans?"

i live in the U.S. so no i dont play cricket
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm from England but I'm not much of a sports guy.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#14  Edited By Yummylee

I'd probably rather watch the actual insect sing along in a barbershop quartet...well probably not but you get the idea, if you don't, well better luck next time.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By halberdierv2

the final was a rather flat match towards the end compared to most of the other matches, and was a bit disappointing. but the better team on the night won.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By kashif1

my dad is but i have no interest in sports