#1 Edited by heraldthemoth (8 posts) -

In modern times, people can walk around with Stalin or Mao merchandise and people wouldn't think twice about it. But if someone were to wear Hitler merchandise, he would get the crap kicked out of him lickity split (and rightfully so). A large part of that has to do with ignorance about the atrocities of the communists, because there are very few anti-communist movies about them. Hollywood mainly puts out anti-Nazi movies when targeting a specific ideology, yet rarely addresses the atrocities of communism even though communist leaders killed millions more people than the Nazis. There are many who were adversely affected by communism and many more people have relatives killed by commies than nazis, and I think they deserve more recognition from the media. 

 
Mao killed about 60 million 
Stalin killed about 20 million 
Hitler killed about 12 million 
 
Commies have 68,000,0000 + more kills than the Nazis at the very least.  

So why do you think there are so few anti-communist movies?   

#2 Posted by SexyToad (2759 posts) -

Hitler is like the face of evil to people. That's why. Hitler is the huge evil figure that committed genocide. He's the one that everyone knows about, the "big" thing.

#3 Posted by SpartyOn (500 posts) -

Because Hollywood is too busy making movies about stupid people, because stupidity kills millions of people every day. Public Awareness People.

#4 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

There were plenty of anti-communist movies made during the Cold War.

#5 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics. You can't even bring it up without being called a nazi or nazi sympathizer. I'd be all for more anti-communist movies (despite not disliking the ideology) if it meant we could discuss the importance of eugenics in a civilized manner.

#6 Posted by Brodehouse (10128 posts) -

People can walk around with Stalin and Mao merchandise? What?

#7 Posted by heraldthemoth (8 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
People can walk around with Stalin and Mao merchandise? What?
Yeah, I see it all the time here in California. It's mostly college students doing it, at least it's what I get from my own perception of things.
#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Watch any action movie from the 80s and try and tell me that.

#9 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@heraldthemoth: I'd say that the problem lies in the fact that Russia and China did a far better job than Nazi Germany in terms of staying sovereign without having any foreign military forces on their soil like Germany did at the end of WWII.

Keep in mind that while the concentration camps were discovered by Allied forces as they advanced into Germany towards the end of WWII, the rest of the world hasn't really had any sort of definitive presence of force in Russia or China to discover anything similar on their lands. So they still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

There will always be definitive written accounts for crimes that have been committed in Russia and China, but we may never have as many visceral images of those places like we do of concentration camps unless one day some large force in another part of the world decides to invade either of those two countries and make light of those facilities in which the crimes have taken place if they choose to and if they still actually exist.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

there's no real happy ending to a movie about mao though.

#11 Edited by heraldthemoth (8 posts) -
@MikkaQ said:

Watch any action movie from the 80s and try and tell me that.

Even still, it's a short time period of when anti-communist movies were around. The percentage of movies coming out on a regular basis about communists are mere peanuts compared to the anti-nazi movies. Even the History Channel has a bigger fixation on everything Nazi related whereas they don't focus as much on communist atrocities. 
 
@EquitasInvictus: You make a good point. 
#12 Posted by believer258 (12180 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Hitler is like the face of evil to people. That's why. Hitler is the huge evil figure that committed genocide. He's the one that everyone knows about, the "big" thing.

Well, there's your answer. Hitler is a face that everyone knows and everyone thinks is the epitome of evil. Walk into a high school classroom and say "Hitler" and everyone knows who he is; walk into a classroom and say "Mao" and a number of students probably wouldn't know who he is. Stalin is probably pretty infamous too but not as infamous. Also, Americans would probably like to avoid another Cold War and a bunch of anti-Stalin movies could bring back, at least in part, that "kill the dictators"! or whatever mentality that dominated a lot of the '60's and '70's.

#13 Edited by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@Jrad said:

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics.

Wat.

@believer258 said:

@SexyToad said:

Hitler is like the face of evil to people. That's why. Hitler is the huge evil figure that committed genocide. He's the one that everyone knows about, the "big" thing.

Well, there's your answer. Hitler is a face that everyone knows and everyone thinks is the epitome of evil. Walk into a high school classroom and say "Hitler" and everyone knows who he is; walk into a classroom and say "Mao" and a number of students probably wouldn't know who he is. Stalin is probably pretty infamous too but not as infamous. Also, Americans would probably like to avoid another Cold War and a bunch of anti-Stalin movies could bring back, at least in part, that "kill the dictators"! or whatever mentality that dominated a lot of the '60's and '70's.

Not to mention that not shitting all over Mao is probably in our best interest if we want China to keep being our sort-of-friends.

#14 Posted by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Jrad said:

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics.

Wat.

Diagnosis: crazy...

#15 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I don't know the answer so I'm going to say something stupid: Jewish people own Hollywood and their archenemy is Hitler.

#16 Posted by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

Because "Hollywood is run by Jews" as everyone always says. No clue my good man, I guess because Hitler?

#17 Posted by Surkov (990 posts) -

Because America didn't come and save the day in the case of Mao or Stalin, therefore film goers can't feel good about themselves after the movie is over.

#18 Posted by wewantsthering (1593 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

#19 Posted by mtcantor (951 posts) -
#20 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3243 posts) -

Wouldn't mind seeing a good Mao movie.

#21 Posted by Butano (1786 posts) -

Well, neither Mao nor Stalin started a World War, so I think that's a big reason why.

#22 Edited by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (10128 posts) -
@heraldthemoth
@Brodehouse said:
People can walk around with Stalin and Mao merchandise? What?
Yeah, I see it all the time here in California. It's mostly college students doing it, at least it's what I get from my own perception of things.
That's Che Guevara, not Josef Stalin.
#24 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

Japan refuses to acknowledge the Rape of Nanking; the United States attempted to pressure Spanish courts to drop a lawsuit against the Bush administration for the wrongful imprisonment and death of a Spanish citizen held in Guantanamo Bay; and the world keeps on turning.

#25 Posted by heraldthemoth (8 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
@heraldthemoth
@Brodehouse said:
People can walk around with Stalin and Mao merchandise? What?
Yeah, I see it all the time here in California. It's mostly college students doing it, at least it's what I get from my own perception of things.
That's Che Guevara, not Josef Stalin.
I know the difference between Che Guevara and Stalin -_-
#26 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Actually it's 46 million give or take for the Nazis but who cares about facts right?

60-75 million total in WW2 which you could tack on to Hitler as he started it all!

#27 Posted by Brodehouse (10128 posts) -

Anyways, the real answer is that Hitler operated in Western Europe. Stalin and Mao committed atrocities in Asia, which might as well be Faerun as far as Western media is concerned. Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge managed to kill 25% of the population of his country (2 million out of 8), but that's in Cambodia so it might as well not exist. If it happened in Denmark, we'd have annual vigils.

#28 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

@Jrad said:

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics. You can't even bring it up without being called a nazi or nazi sympathizer. I'd be all for more anti-communist movies (despite not disliking the ideology) if it meant we could discuss the importance of eugenics in a civilized manner.

No, eugenics did a really good job of that itself. Even where I live in "open minded and kind Sweden" we sterilized people with mental and physical disorders (and one or two gypsies and native Saami) based on eugenics, because these were deemed to be unwanted in the gene-pool. And eugenics always comes down to this, classifying humans according to some arbitrary "worth" and weeding out those who don't match these criteria.

So yeah you're no Nazi, just a fucking moron. No need for political affiliations to be one of those.

#29 Posted by Little_Socrates (5711 posts) -

Because the communists are taking over Hollywood! Chachachachacha

No, it's because Hollywood is finally done criticizing Communism explicitly and symbolically now that the Cold War is over. They want to do something else.

#30 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

Japan refuses to acknowledge the Rape of Nanking; the United States attempted to pressure Spanish courts to drop a lawsuit against the Bush administration for the wrongful imprisonment and death of a Spanish citizen held in Guantanamo Bay; and the world keeps on turning.

I know the Japanese don't like to talk about it but I thought they do acknowledge the rape of Nanking?

I mean I wouldn't like to talk about it either but they do mention it; it's not like America doesn't gloss over all fo the native american deaths and relocations and shit

#31 Posted by redefaulted (2826 posts) -

Because Hitler and the Nazi's were a much more profound and public enemy. They slaughtered people in secret to aid in a secret war held against an invisible enemy.

#32 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Hitler killed based on the idea that one race is superior to another. Stalin killed based on, well mostly political reasons. They were both pretty anti-Semitic though. Also, it's estimated that WWII casualties were between 50-70 million. If Hitler was one of the major causes of WWII, then his actions led to the deaths of...50-70 million people.

Oh and i wonder how many people were "adversely affected" by the U.S. army?

#33 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

Cuz Hollywood IS commies, duh.

#34 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

Because the communists are taking over Hollywood! Chachachachacha

No, it's because Hollywood is finally done criticizing Communism explicitly and symbolically now that the Cold War is over. They want to do something else.

By going back to Nazi's which ended before the Cold War?

#35 Posted by iAmJohn (6134 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

Japan refuses to acknowledge the Rape of Nanking; the United States attempted to pressure Spanish courts to drop a lawsuit against the Bush administration for the wrongful imprisonment and death of a Spanish citizen held in Guantanamo Bay; and the world keeps on turning.

I know the Japanese don't like to talk about it but I thought they do acknowledge the rape of Nanking?

I mean I wouldn't like to talk about it either but they do mention it; it's not like America doesn't gloss over all fo the native american deaths and relocations and shit

Acknowledge in the sense that they have apologized for it, but they still refuse to put it in their textbooks or even acknowledge anything they did in China and Korea during the war (aside from occupying it) from a national stance.

And yeah, it's not like America's much better, but I'd argue that a key difference is that I learned about the Trail of Tears in my seventh grade history class even if it wasn't really something we focused on; I'd venture a guess that many of Japan's younger population has never heard of Nanking, less what happened there.

#36 Posted by Little_Socrates (5711 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Because the communists are taking over Hollywood! Chachachachacha

No, it's because Hollywood is finally done criticizing Communism explicitly and symbolically now that the Cold War is over. They want to do something else.

By going back to Nazi's which ended before the Cold War?

Honestly? Not sure we're seeing that many Nazi movies coming out of Hollywood these days. But yes, going back to WWII glory days nostalgia is one thing they're going to mine.

Also, it's worth noting that I talk a gang of shit about Hollywood these days, so it might be better to ask somebody else.

#37 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

Japan refuses to acknowledge the Rape of Nanking; the United States attempted to pressure Spanish courts to drop a lawsuit against the Bush administration for the wrongful imprisonment and death of a Spanish citizen held in Guantanamo Bay; and the world keeps on turning.

I know the Japanese don't like to talk about it but I thought they do acknowledge the rape of Nanking?

I mean I wouldn't like to talk about it either but they do mention it; it's not like America doesn't gloss over all fo the native american deaths and relocations and shit

Acknowledge in the sense that they have apologized for it, but they still refuse to put it in their textbooks or even acknowledge anything they did in China and Korea during the war (aside from occupying it) from a national stance.

And yeah, it's not like America's much better, but I'd argue that a key difference is that I learned about the Trail of Tears in my seventh grade history class even if it wasn't really something we focused on; I'd venture a guess that many of Japan's younger population has never heard of Nanking, less what happened there.

All good points (with regards to everyone quoted, of course); I think it just boils down to how "history is written by the victors." (Thanks, Winston Churchill.)

There are a lot of crimes we'll probably never fully understand or have the ability to portray as extensively as the Holocaust because it has been too long since the victories of said crimes' perpetrators to ever unearth evidence as extensive as we did on Hitler right after the end of WWII. It's a sad reality of a century of bloody conflicts; we can only hope that the improved forms of communication in today's age will help us bring to light any more crimes and even bring a stop to them.

#38 Posted by Fattony12000 (7559 posts) -

Who could stay angry at that face?

#39 Posted by Puddlesworth (59 posts) -

In addition to the other good points brought up it's also important to remember that genocide is worse than murder. Not that I or anyone else could figure out a badness ratio between the two. I would also imagine that Hitler's killing was limited by the amount of people he was in control over, Stalin and Mao had many many more people under their control. But again I'm not sure what the point is in assigning "winners" in the evil olympics.

#40 Posted by wewantsthering (1593 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

Japan refuses to acknowledge the Rape of Nanking; the United States attempted to pressure Spanish courts to drop a lawsuit against the Bush administration for the wrongful imprisonment and death of a Spanish citizen held in Guantanamo Bay; and the world keeps on turning.

I know the Japanese don't like to talk about it but I thought they do acknowledge the rape of Nanking?

I mean I wouldn't like to talk about it either but they do mention it; it's not like America doesn't gloss over all fo the native american deaths and relocations and shit

Acknowledge in the sense that they have apologized for it, but they still refuse to put it in their textbooks or even acknowledge anything they did in China and Korea during the war (aside from occupying it) from a national stance.

And yeah, it's not like America's much better, but I'd argue that a key difference is that I learned about the Trail of Tears in my seventh grade history class even if it wasn't really something we focused on; I'd venture a guess that many of Japan's younger population has never heard of Nanking, less what happened there.

America seems pretty honest when things move past about fifty years back. Slavery and Native American stuff is pretty much an open book at this point. We all know what happened. It's hard to know if current things are being hidden because we wouldn't know about it if it was hidden. Haha. Think about if you were a college student in China who didn't know about Tiananmen square. You wouldn't think your country was hiding things from you because nobody would tell you.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Animasta said:

@wewantsthering said:

@EquitasInvictus said:

So still have the ability to hide their crimes from the world and sadly, potentially even clean up all trace of them.

That's exactly what China is doing with the Tiananmen Square Massacre. China still pretends like it never happened when the rest of the world knows it did.

lots of places do that. Turkey denies the Armenian massacre was genocide, for example

Japan refuses to acknowledge the Rape of Nanking; the United States attempted to pressure Spanish courts to drop a lawsuit against the Bush administration for the wrongful imprisonment and death of a Spanish citizen held in Guantanamo Bay; and the world keeps on turning.

I know the Japanese don't like to talk about it but I thought they do acknowledge the rape of Nanking?

I mean I wouldn't like to talk about it either but they do mention it; it's not like America doesn't gloss over all fo the native american deaths and relocations and shit

Acknowledge in the sense that they have apologized for it, but they still refuse to put it in their textbooks or even acknowledge anything they did in China and Korea during the war (aside from occupying it) from a national stance.

And yeah, it's not like America's much better, but I'd argue that a key difference is that I learned about the Trail of Tears in my seventh grade history class even if it wasn't really something we focused on; I'd venture a guess that many of Japan's younger population has never heard of Nanking, less what happened there.

I dunno man according to this it's still in their textbooks.

#42 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -

@Vodun said:

@Jrad said:

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics. You can't even bring it up without being called a nazi or nazi sympathizer. I'd be all for more anti-communist movies (despite not disliking the ideology) if it meant we could discuss the importance of eugenics in a civilized manner.

No, eugenics did a really good job of that itself. Even where I live in "open minded and kind Sweden" we sterilized people with mental and physical disorders (and one or two gypsies and native Saami) based on eugenics, because these were deemed to be unwanted in the gene-pool. And eugenics always comes down to this, classifying humans according to some arbitrary "worth" and weeding out those who don't match these criteria.

So yeah you're no Nazi, just a fucking moron. No need for political affiliations to be one of those.

People with mental and physical disorders should be sterilized, shouldn't they? If their conditions are proven to be inheritable, anyway. I think it's ridiculous that reproduction is considered a fundamental human right. I don't know, but it'd suck to be born with a disability because your parents were too stupid to realize that they shouldn't have kids; it seems like something that should definitely be regulated.

I seriously cannot understand why people are so against sterilization. It's not like it's murder or genocide, if proper techniques are followed it won't even cause any harm. Bringing life into the world should be a privilege.

I say this completely honestly: my ideal world would be one where every child is raised by the government, without parents, with no differences in status or wealth. Since that's almost impossible, I think regulating who should be allowed to have kids is probably the next best thing.

#43 Edited by Wes899 (2126 posts) -

@Jrad said:

@Vodun said:

@Jrad said:

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics. You can't even bring it up without being called a nazi or nazi sympathizer. I'd be all for more anti-communist movies (despite not disliking the ideology) if it meant we could discuss the importance of eugenics in a civilized manner.

No, eugenics did a really good job of that itself. Even where I live in "open minded and kind Sweden" we sterilized people with mental and physical disorders (and one or two gypsies and native Saami) based on eugenics, because these were deemed to be unwanted in the gene-pool. And eugenics always comes down to this, classifying humans according to some arbitrary "worth" and weeding out those who don't match these criteria.

So yeah you're no Nazi, just a fucking moron. No need for political affiliations to be one of those.

People with mental and physical disorders should be sterilized, shouldn't they? If their conditions are proven to be inheritable, anyway. I think it's ridiculous that reproduction is considered a fundamental human right. I don't know, but it'd suck to be born with a disability because your parents were too stupid to realize that they shouldn't have kids; it seems like something that should definitely be regulated.

I seriously cannot understand why people are so against sterilization. It's not like it's murder or genocide, if proper techniques are followed it won't even cause any harm. Bringing life into the world should be a privilege.

I say this completely honestly: my ideal world would be one where every child is raised by the government, without parents, with no differences in status or wealth. Since that's almost impossible, I think regulating who should be allowed to have kids is probably the next best thing.

You are so out of touch I can't believe you exist. It's like you read something like We or 1984 and thought "Yeah, that's a great idea".

#44 Posted by Jimbo (9983 posts) -

Russia was on our side for a bit... so it doesn't count as much. History.

#45 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Any good documentaries about Stalin and murders?

#46 Posted by AlexW00d (6431 posts) -

We never fought a war against Stalin or Mao? Plus Stalin fucking killed Hitler you guys.

#47 Posted by DonutFever (3536 posts) -
@Jrad said:

@Vodun said:

@Jrad said:

You know what's really tragic? Hitler ruined the public perception of eugenics. You can't even bring it up without being called a nazi or nazi sympathizer. I'd be all for more anti-communist movies (despite not disliking the ideology) if it meant we could discuss the importance of eugenics in a civilized manner.

No, eugenics did a really good job of that itself. Even where I live in "open minded and kind Sweden" we sterilized people with mental and physical disorders (and one or two gypsies and native Saami) based on eugenics, because these were deemed to be unwanted in the gene-pool. And eugenics always comes down to this, classifying humans according to some arbitrary "worth" and weeding out those who don't match these criteria.

So yeah you're no Nazi, just a fucking moron. No need for political affiliations to be one of those.

People with mental and physical disorders should be sterilized, shouldn't they? If their conditions are proven to be inheritable, anyway. I think it's ridiculous that reproduction is considered a fundamental human right. I don't know, but it'd suck to be born with a disability because your parents were too stupid to realize that they shouldn't have kids; it seems like something that should definitely be regulated.

I seriously cannot understand why people are so against sterilization. It's not like it's murder or genocide, if proper techniques are followed it won't even cause any harm. Bringing life into the world should be a privilege.

I say this completely honestly: my ideal world would be one where every child is raised by the government, without parents, with no differences in status or wealth. Since that's almost impossible, I think regulating who should be allowed to have kids is probably the next best thing.

I don't even know what to say.
#48 Posted by mosespippy (4435 posts) -

@heraldthemoth said:

@Brodehouse said:
@heraldthemoth
@Brodehouse said:
People can walk around with Stalin and Mao merchandise? What?
Yeah, I see it all the time here in California. It's mostly college students doing it, at least it's what I get from my own perception of things.
That's Che Guevara, not Josef Stalin.
I know the difference between Che Guevara and Stalin -_-

Yeah man, even Jeff Green has a Mickey MAOse shirt that he got when he was at Popcap Shanghai. Stalin and Mao are common on merchandise.

There are a couple of possible reasons Hollywood doesn't do very many anti communist movies:

  1. The world generally accepts that if you are the head of your country and you want to fuck up shit in your country you are free to do so. That's why peacekeepers are only allowed in international situations. They world does't necessarily turn a blind eye but they don't step in to stop it either.
  2. World War II was a very big event that took place over a short period of time internationally. Mao and Stallin had decades and were contained within their own country (mostly).
  3. Communism is a theology that is supposed to put citizens first (even though in practise that rarely happens). The Nazis and other Fascists put corporations first. The result is people don't hate commies as much as fascists.
  4. Much of the western worlds products are produced in communist countries and we don't want to piss them off. Even the remake of Red Dawn replaced the Chinese with North Koreans so as to not piss off the Chinese market.
  5. Hollywood doesn't make original content anymore. They only do stuff based on books, TV Shows, foreign movies, video games, board games, older movies, comics, and anything else that they can licence that already has a fan base. I'm sure if you looked at the British, French and German film industries that you would see more anti communist films.

It's likely that all of these are factors but I think it's mostly numbers 4 and 5.

#49 Edited by heraldthemoth (8 posts) -
@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@heraldthemoth

Actually it's 46 million give or take for the Nazis but who cares about facts right?

60-75 million total in WW2 which you could tack on to Hitler as he started it all!

The Nazis had nowhere close to 46 million deaths under their belt.  And you can't pin all of WWII entirely on the Nazis. There was still the whole East Asian theater of war that was going on with Imperialist Japan wrecking shit up, you know. Yeah, who cares about facts, right?
#50 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

You should watch Burnt by the Sun, it's a Russian movie about Stalin taking people away and murdering them. Plus, it's pretty good.