(conclusion) my girlfriend joined the army (conclusion)

• 66 results
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tunaburn

here is the original thread if you dont know what this is about.   http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/my-girlfriend-has-signed-up-for-the-army/512725/?
I just wanted to thank the people with real advice and say fuck you to the assholes with the comments like "shes gonna fuck 100 guys" 
shes a good person and wouldnt cheat on me. 
But the bottom line is this. 
She decided she wants to stay in the military for a while then hopefully get into the CIA in Virginia.  Im in arizona... 
So she has told me shes not coming back. There is now nothing for me to think about. 
Its over. I have no way of going with her and shes not coming back here. :'( 
this breaks my heart. I feel like pure shit. I dont know how to get through it. 
But theres nothing i can do. 
Once again thanks for the nice comments and advice.  
And eat shit to the assholes with thier bullshit comments...

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Hey man, no need to put this in another thread-you can just edit the old one.
 On the other hand, it's sad that you had to do it. Necessary, but sad.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

Sorry to hear that man, but some times people just move apart as they get older and decide what they want to do with their life. Just hang in there, and the more time goes by the easier it will be to keep on keeping on.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By fobwashed

@tunaburn: Every time I've gone through a tough breakup, I always poured myself into something productive for a while. The key word being productive. Pick something and do it. Whether it's the gym (will help with future relationships), learning an instrument (also), art (also), or any type of sport, do something where you'll have acquired something useful. Also, gaming and friends. Sucks. It happens to pretty much everyone and most people survive and you will to.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thehexeditor

She's not gonna fuck 100 guys but she's gonna be fucking one guy who is not you sooner or later. So enjoy the single life~

Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Random88

I read the previous thread but felt like I didn't have the right to comment as I've not been in a serious relationship and have no experience to draw on in order to give advice or an opinion.
I'm sorry to hear that your situation ended this way.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tunaburn
@thehexeditor said:

She's not gonna fuck 100 guys but she's gonna be fucking one guy who is not you sooner or later. So enjoy the single life~

that i agree with. but i was hoping that she wouldn't and would come back after her contract was up. we would visit and all that stuff. but, 
not gonna happen.
thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehexeditor

@tunaburn said:

@thehexeditor said:

that i agree with. but i was hoping that she wouldn't and would come back after her contract was up. we would visit and all that stuff. but, not gonna happen.

Just as dark is the absence of light, being single is the absence of a girlfriend. Not all of us are afraid of the dark.

With that said, I've got nothing more to contribute to this thread.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tunaburn
@thehexeditor: im not afraid of the being single. 
ive been with her for 5 years. living with her for most of it. Its a huge change and sad to know that im never going to see her again. 
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ProfessorEss
@tunaburn said:
I dont know how to get through it. But theres nothing i can do
No one ever really knows how, but they do. 
Ride it out Tuna.
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tunaburn
@ProfessorEss said:
@tunaburn said:
I dont know how to get through it. But theres nothing i can do
No one ever really knows how, but they do. Ride it out Tuna.
ha my good friends here call me Tuna.  i know ill survive. it just feels like i wont. i hate that feeling.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm not trying to be mean but get over it, fast. I'm not saying go out and meet some other lady right now, unless that is what you want, but even thinking about it is going to get you nowhere. While my first break-up from a long term relationship was mutual it was still tough. Looking back it would have been easier if I just never thought about it after. Luckily I only really spent like a month feeling sorry for myself than I snapped out of it. Plenty of fish in the sea my man, you'll catch another one soon.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By lazyturtle
@thehexeditor: You can't say that for certain..:) JK!

@tunaburn: Whoa. It doesn't have to  be that way. Since you two didn't break up for shitty reasons (cheating, lying, backstabbing, etc), why can't you keep in touch? I'm not saying call her every week. In fact, I am saying DON'T call her every week. But a couple times a year, you should check in. Focus on the good and fuck the bad. Just don't confusing being friends with "we gonna get back together" and you'll do fine. 
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GunslingerPanda

:(

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Black_Rose

Dude, been there recently as well. I know how it feels and at times like this I can only advice you to think about all the good things that will come from the business you've created (or will create) and try not to lose the friendship. I'm really sorry for you both. 

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By washingmachine

sadface

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aetheldod

@tunaburn: Well duder at least you got certainty .... sucks anyway :(

, but look at the good side , you can now come over to GB more and be nerdy without guilt

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Dany

sorry you two felt it couldn't work.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Pibo47

Sorry yall couldnt work it out bro. Chin up. There is literally billions of girls out there.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OppressiveStink

@tunaburn:

It's Friday night man. TIme to call some friends you might not have heard from for a while and get fuckin' krunk, commiserate some place loud and rowdy. Labor day weekend, baby!

@lazyturtle:

I wouldn't do it until he's moved on, when they're both on equal footing. The biggest mistake I see people make is keeping in touch with their ex, it never moves on. She's moving away for good, leaving him without the person he loves. She can forage ahead just fine.

And Tuna, if she calls and needs your help man, remember this: She's big-girl enough to leave you for her ideals, that means she's big-girl enough to deal with her own shit.Do not white knight for someone who leaves you high and dry.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ZeroCast

Your situation reminded me of an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother'.

All I can say is, good luck with anything in the future, I'm sure things will work out for the better :). Stay positive.

afjkidd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By afjkidd5

I wish you the best in your tough time. I hope that you are able to eventually pick yourself up and move on. There will be a grieving process for a while, so allow yourself time to come to terms with everything and you'll be all the better for it! Once again, good luck!

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rawrnosaurous
@tunaburn: I'm sorry to hear that mate. Remember you will always have us duders.

Bros before hoes
clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By clumsyninja1

They are plenty girls out there, don't worry about it...may be use a rebound girl, they always work!!!!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By DriveupLife

That sucks bro. Take a few weeks to get over the initial feeling of loss.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShaggE

Platitude BS aside, shit's going to suck horribly for a long while if you take breakups as badly as I do, but when the weight finally lifts, and it WILL lift, it's a good feeling indeed.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By iam3green

well again that sucks. sorry to read about that.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#29  Edited By Dookysharpgun
@OppressiveStink said:

@tunaburn:

It's Friday night man. TIme to call some friends you might not have heard from for a while and get fuckin' krunk, commiserate some place loud and rowdy. Labor day weekend, baby!

@lazyturtle:

I wouldn't do it until he's moved on, when they're both on equal footing. The biggest mistake I see people make is keeping in touch with their ex, it never moves on. She's moving away for good, leaving him without the person he loves. She can forage ahead just fine.

And Tuna, if she calls and needs your help man, remember this: She's big-girl enough to leave you for her ideals, that means she's big-girl enough to deal with her own shit.Do not white knight for someone who leaves you high and dry.

Pretty much this. Makes sense.

And that sucks man, seriously, but its better that you got out of this now, rather than waiting around for her to come back. She was always going to choose her career, which isn't bad per sea, but the chances are that she wasn't going to include you anyway. She may be gone, but screw it! Take as much time as you need to get over it, then ease your way back into the whole dating thing. 
She left despite the fact that you were worried about what to do, if it wasn't right for both, it shouldn't have been right for her, and as far as I can see, you were the most humane of the both of you. I've no issue with people pursuing a career, but those people often regret making those decisions when their in their late 40s, alone, and have stressed at least 20 years off their life expectancy. The point being: she left, you didn't give up, and you're the better person for it. 

Speaking from personal experience, cut your ex off like a diseased hand, and forget about her...it might take time, but you'll get over it.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BraveToaster

As others have stated: there are tons of others out there.  

I advise everyone to read the OP again while listening to this song. Basedgod 

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gamb1t

you know i said what i know from first hand experience? lol 

sorry but the truth hurts if i had a girl, well if your married with 4 kids for 12 years its a weee tad different but EVEN then i seen it happen everywhere. but yeah back to that if i had a girl i wouldnt trust her one bit or even myself its impossible. life is to diverse.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By BoG

Welcome to the singles club man. We have more time to play video games here. That probably isn't comforting, but it's all I've got.
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nux

Sorry to hear that man, it's a shame things couldn't workout.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By HairyMike87

Time soothes. 

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lazyturtle
@OppressiveStink: Hes a guy who can hold down a 5 year relationship...he'll be back in action in 6 months or less...but, yea, I agree. Move on first then check in.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Sucks. Just try to enjoy life for now.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By ajamafalous

Sorry to hear that.

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By CrimsonNoir

You'll find someone else, this one wasn't meant to be. And it seems like she's had already chosen her career over the relationship so it's best to find someone who's more committed than she was, there's nothing you could have done.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit man, that must really fucking suck. All you can do is keep pushing forward.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@tunaburn: Sorry man. Just hang in there, and you'll find someone else. I know how it feels losing someone after years because one of you wants one thing and the other isn't willing to maintain that, but in the end it's probably for the best. Sounds like you need someone with a little more comparability with your life. I wish you the best!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Azteck

I'm sorry to hear it, man. Those things are always tough

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Same thing just happened to my cousin. Its going to suck for the first 2 weeks or so. Then it gets easier and easier man. One day she'll just be a memory and you'll find someone else that it will work out with. Just give it some time.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Juicebox

That really sucks man.. don't kill yourself over this ...i really hope you have a hobby , and talk to other girls.
Talk to other girls man, it really helps.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Edwardryu

wait a second. she goes to military, try to get a chance to CIA? what is this? is this joke or something? CIA has very strict policy to get new people. because she serves army, that doesn't mean she just go to CIA. have you even search for more detail or information or just troll? of course, now it is not matter anyway. you broke up. man, just get over her. as long as you still remember her, the memory will make you pain.  

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tunaburn
@BoG said:
Welcome to the singles club man. We have more time to play video games here. That probably isn't comforting, but it's all I've got.
haha thats true i suppose. but sometimes, there are other "needs" a man has.... if you smell what im steppin in
tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tunaburn
@Juicebox said:
That really sucks man.. don't kill yourself over this ...i really hope you have a hobby , and talk to other girls. Talk to other girls man, it really helps.
i own an MMA studio so luckily i train a lot. that will keep me going im pretty sure. thanks for the support though!

@Edwardryu
why would i be trolling? im telling you her goal is to get into the CIA. she knows shes not guaranteed. but shes going to work towards that goal.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BoG
@tunaburn said:
@BoG said:
haha thats true i suppose. but sometimes, there are other "needs" a man has.... if you smell what im steppin in

If you're single long enough, you forget all about that sort of thing.
avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By avidwriter
@tunaburn: Considering what she did to you, I wouldn't blast the guys who made those comments. She sounds like a bitch.
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Sucks, but what can you do ya know? Sometimes life just gives you the finger. Here's hoping for the best for you AND her.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#50  Edited By TheHT

Over 6 billion people on the planet, you'll find your one.