• 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by EliasT (671 posts) -

What do you think would be a cool way to spend $50 dollars? You know, for that weekend that you have nothing planned, or even a summer month? This thread is for that exact purpose, so you have some ideas on what you might do with some of that cash you have lying around, or that money your grandparents gave you. Here's a few things I thought up:
 A CD Player, you could get a CD player, plus and album or two of your choice, and if you don't already have some, some headphones, or if you're not a headphones type of person, some speakers. This would be a nice idea for a lazy Sunday, especially if you already have a few CDs:
Coby CD Player - $11
Cheap, decent quality headphones - $20 or less.
And one or two albums from some groups you like - $25 or less, depending on the CD's age.
 
A DreamCast, or another old console you're interested in. Most likely under $60 as long as you're not going for a Virtual Boy or anything rare like that.
 
As my sarcastic answer, a pair of venetian sunglasses and a shitty rap album so you can seem really menacing while you're driving down the street. 
 
So what do you think would be a good way to spend $50?
 
 Forgot to mention, answers revolving around sex and or drugs will be frowned upon and or flagged.

#2 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -

A CD Player? Honestly?

#3 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
Best quality.
#4 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Approximately thirty minutes in a strip club.

#5 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
Best quality. "
Get a turntable if you're a music elitist. Or what about lossless mp3?
#6 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
Best quality. "
if you want something cool, get a Record Player and some records...
#7 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@kmdrkul said:
" Approximately thirty minutes in a strip club. "
I'll give you an hour.
#8 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
Best quality. "
Get a turntable if you're a music elitist. Or what about lossless mp3? "
You can get a turntable for $50?
#9 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" Approximately thirty minutes in a strip club. "
I'll give you an hour. "
Well that depends, do I get a happy ending?
#10 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@EliasT: I am actually coming into $50 today that I loaned my brother in law on the weekend so I came into this thread with big hopes. 
 
@TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
But seriously this is bullshit. I think I would get more satisfaction from $50 by flushing down the toilet or burning it. Remembering that in all likelihood I would put paper cuts on my sphincter or burn my fingers. 
#11 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -
@TurboMan said:

" @ThePhantomnaut said:

" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
Best quality. "
if you want something cool, get a Record Player and some records... "
Reel to reel tapes are better but anyways I still prefer CDs to LP/EPs.
 

@sixghost

said:

" @ThePhantomnaut said:

" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
Best quality. "
Get a turntable if you're a music elitist. Or what about lossless mp3? "
FLAC and other lossless formats are good.
#12 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@kmdrkul said:
" @Ineedaname said:
" @kmdrkul said:
" Approximately thirty minutes in a strip club. "
I'll give you an hour. "
Well that depends, do I get a happy ending? "
You'll have left feeling you've made a profit.
#13 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore
#14 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes.
#15 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones?
#16 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Hell I would do that but the biggest issue is massive skipping.
#17 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Yes, what the fuck is wrong with that?
#18 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -

You guys are all crazy. 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER OR NOTHING! EITHER YOU LISTEN TO YOUR $50 MUSIC IN STYLE OR NOT AT ALL.

#19 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@Pepsiman said:
" You guys are all crazy. 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER OR NOTHING! EITHER YOU LISTEN TO YOUR $50 MUSIC IN STYLE OR NOT AT ALL. "
That's just plain silly, nobody makes cassettes any more. CDs are still coming out from various artists at a rapid pace, CDs aren't dead like cassettes.
#20 Posted by Cramsy (1163 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Yes, what the fuck is wrong with that? "
Serious needless swearing problem.  
 
Any-fucking-way if I had a spare $50 lying around I'd probably grab a shirt and large Mc chicken meal.  
 
Followed by my own funded strip joint visit. 
#21 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Yes, what the fuck is wrong with that? "
Nothing... that's exactly how I listen to music. With my jacket tied around my waist, walking towards the post office to send some mail to my friend out of the city, always saying stuff like "You Da Bomb!", dancing to the Macarana, listening to my PORTABLE CD PLAYER!
#22 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Yes, what the fuck is wrong with that? "
Nothing... that's exactly how I listen to music. With my jacket tied around my waist, walking towards the post office to send some mail to my friend out of the city, always saying stuff like "You Da Bomb!", dancing to the Macarana, listening to my PORTABLE CD PLAYER! "
well, since I am so awesome i walk around with a cd player banded to my arm and i groove to cd's all the time dawg
#23 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Yes, what the fuck is wrong with that? "
Nothing... that's exactly how I listen to music. With my jacket tied around my waist, walking towards the post office to send some mail to my friend out of the city, always saying stuff like "You Da Bomb!", dancing to the Macarana, listening to my PORTABLE CD PLAYER! "
well, since I am so awesome i walk around with a cd player banded to my arm and i groove to cd's all the time dawg "
You guys are royal assholes, no really.
#24 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -
@EliasT: Being modern is for modernists and as every Back to the Future movie shows (save for maybe the second one), living entirely in the past is where it's at. That's why, while we're at it, I'd also say that the purchase of a Betamax player and accompanying tapes would also be a superb way to entertain yourself for $50.
 

 HOW CAN YOU NOT FIND THIS SEXY BEAST ANYTHING LESS THAN RELEVANTLY AWESOME!?
#25 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @EliasT said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @TurboMan said:
" A CD Player? Honestly? "
@EliasT: yeah man wtf it is not the 90's anymore "
What the fuck is wrong with a CD player? You can still use it to listen to music, a CD costs just as much as an album on iTunes. "
Yeah, I have a CD player in my car... what are you planning on doing... walking around in public with a portable CD player with some headphones? "
Yes, what the fuck is wrong with that? "
Nothing... that's exactly how I listen to music. With my jacket tied around my waist, walking towards the post office to send some mail to my friend out of the city, always saying stuff like "You Da Bomb!", dancing to the Macarana, listening to my PORTABLE CD PLAYER! "
well, since I am so awesome i walk around with a cd player banded to my arm and i groove to cd's all the time dawg "
You guys are royal assholes, no really. "
a proud one as well : )
#26 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@EliasT: obvious troll is troll
#27 Posted by Xeiphyer (5593 posts) -

I would buy 200 25cent candies.

#28 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -

How about this then? A budget MP3 Player and some songs from your site of choice (if you hate yourself, you can just download them for free). Huh, I never knew an MP3 player would be that cheap, the deals you can find on eBay can be pretty suprising, this is coming from a person that has used eBay for 4 years.

#29 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -

I love this thread.

#30 Edited by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -
@TurboMan: I don't know if the thread feels the same way about you, though. She's typically a quiet, shy lass who has trouble sorting out her feelings even if she's otherwise well-spoken. You might want to try professing your love to and hooking up with another thread, because I think this one is just going to spurn your advances while she sits in a cave and rewatches her favorite laserdiscs again, just like I (totally just didn't) imagine her doing.
 

 I heard somewhere that this was her favorite one.
#31 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

Probably something revolving around sex or drugs.  You know, the usual.
 
Also Venetian sunglasses?  Who calls them that?  The man?  Thems is shutter shades.

#32 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@Damien said:
" Probably something revolving around sex or drugs.  You know, the usual.  Also Venetian sunglasses?  Who calls them that?  The man?  Thems is shutter shades. "
Why can't I flag this?
#33 Edited by EliasT (671 posts) -

You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(
 
You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys.

#34 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -

You may call them Shutter Shades, we just call them Kanye Glasses 
@Damien:

#35 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@TurboMan: Well of course, that at least makes sense.  God bless Kanye.  Lest we forget.
#36 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(  You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys. "
What are you doing hanging out with corpses, especially joke-telling corpses?
#37 Posted by homewrecker (193 posts) -

where the hell do you shop to get a pear of plastic glasses and a rap album that runs you $50?

#38 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(  You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys. "
dude chill, I'm sorry that me laughing at your portable CD player made you so angry.
#39 Edited by EliasT (671 posts) -
@homewrecker said:

" where the hell do you shop to get a pear of plastic glasses and a rap album that runs you $50? "

I said $50 or under you fucking cock sucker. Not funny.
#40 Posted by EliasT (671 posts) -
@Damien said:
" @EliasT said:
" You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(  You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys. "
What are you doing hanging out with corpses, especially joke-telling corpses? "
Ba-dum-tish
 
Oh come on. You actually think that's witty?
#41 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @Damien said:
" @EliasT said:
" You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(  You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys. "
What are you doing hanging out with corpses, especially joke-telling corpses? "
Ba-dum-tish  Oh come on. You actually think that's witty? "
Is this your secret way of telling us you want one of us to suggest you spend your $50 on comedy club tickets so you can listen to better acts than ours? Because if so, then I'll endorse that.
#42 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @homewrecker said:

" where the hell do you shop to get a pear of plastic glasses and a rap album that runs you $50? "

I said $50 or under you fucking cock sucker. Not funny. "

That is offensive.  I am going to threaten to flag your post like a douchebag.
#43 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -

The overall arc of tone in this thread is perfect. 

#44 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

This thread is lacking in Kenan & Kel.
 

 

#45 Posted by Cramsy (1163 posts) -

I'm loosing my shit here, these corpses have something I've never seen before.

#46 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -
@EliasT said:
" @Damien said:
" @EliasT said:
" You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(  You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys. "
What are you doing hanging out with corpses, especially joke-telling corpses? "
Ba-dum-tish  Oh come on. You actually think that's witty? "
Jokes!?!  Who is telling jokes, SON!  That was a serious query.  You shouldn't be hanging with corpses unless you're a mortician.  A 14 year old mortician.
#47 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA
Banjo-Tooie on XBLA
 
Yaaaaay!

#48 Posted by TurboMan (7344 posts) -
@Damien said:
" @EliasT said:
" @Damien said:
" @EliasT said:
" You fuckers, this isn't the Giant Bomb I knew and loved, now the only people here are sarcastic assholes :(  You aren't even funny, no joke, I would rather stab myself in the eye then listen to you guys shitty gags and jokes. I've seen corpses that were more funny than you guys. "
What are you doing hanging out with corpses, especially joke-telling corpses? "
Ba-dum-tish  Oh come on. You actually think that's witty? "
Jokes!?!  Who is telling jokes, SON!  That was a serious query.  You shouldn't be hanging with corpses unless you're a mortician.  A 14 year old mortician. "

#49 Posted by JJOR64 (18891 posts) -

You could get $50 worth of bubblegum.

#50 Posted by anarchyzombie9 (615 posts) -

Sure is audiophiles who don't realize all music has the same quality after you pass 192 kbps.