• 63 results
#1 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

#2 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

Just finished watching the Cook, Serve, Delicious! Quick Look and A.) game looks awesome, really hope it gets picked up on Steam Greenlight. Plan on buying it either way but yea. And B.) Jeff's obsession with wanting corn dogs got me thinking. Corn dogs are the best thing every, aren't they? Frozen, homemade, carnival... who cares, THEY ARE GREAT.

What say your duders? Yay or Nah?

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I'm not a fan of either corn or dogs, so corndogs do nothing for me.

#4 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I've never had one. : ( Now I feel like I'm missing out.

#5 Posted by Soapy86 (2623 posts) -

Corndogs are great. Not the best thing ever though. That's just silly.

#6 Posted by Zaccheus (1806 posts) -

Never had one. I don't think they are a thing here.

#7 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

Never touched one so I don't know.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Pancake wrapped sausages are way better.

#9 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3091 posts) -

Fuck yeah, corn dogs.

#10 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

@BraveToaster: Ohhhh shit. A worthy contender!

#11 Posted by Ben_H (3444 posts) -

Kinda off topic, but has anyone seen the new Pizza Hut thing where it is a hotdog stuffed crust pizza instead of cheese stuffed crust?

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

I actively dislike corndogs.

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@Ben_H said:

Kinda off topic, but has anyone seen the new Pizza Hut thing where it is a hotdog stuffed crust pizza instead of cheese stuffed crust?

I'm looking forward to the future wherein a cheese-stuffed hotdog is inserted into the crust.

#14 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

They're pretty alright.

#15 Posted by Milkman (17351 posts) -

Never had one but now I really want to.

#16 Posted by Christoffer (1923 posts) -

I have no idea what a corndog is. I can only guess it's a hotdog made out of corn.

#17 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

tis' the food of the peasant!

#18 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I like cornbread and I like hot dogs so I wager I'd be alright with a corn dog but I've never had one.

#19 Posted by Warfare (1642 posts) -

No thanks.

#20 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

At every amusement park or county/state fair I go to the things I hunt down are Corn dogs, Cheese on a stick and Deep fried pickles. If I can manage to find all three my day is made!

#21 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

If you ever have the chance, Disneyland makes a mean corn dog as well. Best I've ever had.

#22 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1671 posts) -

I was watching this quicklook last night and it occurred to me I had never had a corn dog in my life. However, it made me extremely desirous of one. Yet, my first corn dog experience cannot come from some frozen bastardized corn dog, NO! Nor can it effectively come from a home-made style of dog. No. It must be enjoyed in its natural environment, in a sense. I must journey forth out into the world and track down the best county fair for one of their freshest corn dogs.

EDIT: Also I would like a beer at 9 AM please.

#23 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

What in the hell is with all the people who have never had corndogs?! I'm not a huge fan of them (I do like them,) but what the hell, man?! Try a corndog!

#24 Posted by RollingZeppelin (2118 posts) -

Every corndog I've ever had was like eating a chemical soaked sponge with a greasy mystery-meat center. fuckin nasty

#25 Posted by TopSteer (677 posts) -

@OldGuy said:

At every amusement park or county/state fair I go to the things I hunt down are Corn dogs, Cheese on a stick and Deep fried pickles. If I can manage to find all three my day is made!

Deep fried pickles are great, but what is this Cheese on a stick?

#26 Posted by GS_Dan (1397 posts) -

@xobballox said:

What in the hell is with all the people who have never had corndogs?! I'm not a huge fan of them (I do like them,) but what the hell, man?! Try a corndog!

Most countries don't have them. I've never even seen one.

#27 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1399 posts) -

And then we all wonder why people get heart attacks and strokes...

#28 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Yes.

#29 Posted by nerdsbeware (227 posts) -

@TrafalgarLaw said:

And then we all wonder why people get heart attacks and strokes...

I don't anymore, especially after I started seeing things like this:

#30 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

@gaminghooligan said:

tis' the food of the peasant!

all of the world's great food is peasant food

#31 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

I can remember being very young, maybe four or five years old, and my dad use to make corn dogs at home. He would mix the batter, put the hotdogs on the stick, dip them and then deep fry them right there. For those that haven't figured it out, living in a place that doesn't have corn dogs, that is all you have to do to make them. :)

It's a great, terrible food. If not at home, then at an amusement park right before riding a roller coaster.

#32 Edited by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

Best ever? Maybe not, but still pretty damn good. Love a good corn dog.

#33 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

I loooove corn dogs.

#34 Posted by laserbolts (5372 posts) -

They are pretty gross.

#35 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

@TopSteer: Cheese on a stick is easy... jam a stick into a piece of cheese about the size of a hot dog, dip into corn dog batter (some use a different batter, but whatever...) and deep fry (so, yes, it's a corn dog with the dog replaced with cheese [soooooo good for you])...

#36 Posted by Demoskinos (15185 posts) -

This anti-corn dog agenda being pushed in here is unnerving. Corndog+Mustard= Amazing. You people are nuts if you think otherwise.

#37 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

I've never had one. : ( Now I feel like I'm missing out.

Same here.
#38 Posted by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

@Ben_H: that sounds disgusting.

#39 Posted by Laurentech (127 posts) -

Corn dogs are alright. I've never had one that made me really excited, but I'm not ready to disregard the concept. I'm sure an excellent one can be made. It's just my experience that so far I would've rather eaten an actual hot dog on a bun with fixings.

#40 Posted by Hunter5024 (5982 posts) -

When I was a kid I would eat the corn but not the dog. Now I won't eat either one, because they are gross.

#41 Posted by kindone (2843 posts) -

They are delicious. However, nothing will ever beat a state-fair corn-dog, so I don't have many.

#42 Posted by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

I've never ever had one...am I missing out?

#43 Posted by PenguinDust (12642 posts) -

I don't like corn bread and corn dogs usually have a strange spicy flavor I don't enjoy. Long story short, I'm not a fan of corndogs.

My co-worker seems to eat "gas station corndogs" at least three days a week. Great guy, but he has the tastebuds of a 9-year old.

#44 Posted by Encephalon (1335 posts) -

I'm a fan, yes.

#45 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

I guess corndogs have the singular distinction of being carnival food that somehow made its way into everyday consumption. Although, I suppose in a world where Mountain Dew AM exists, nothing should surprise me.

#46 Posted by tripmills (25 posts) -

Never in all of my life have I had a corndog.  Never.  For some reason they just freak me out. 

Funny hotdog story from this week: 
Went to my new lunch vendor and said "2 chilly cheese dogs".  He responded with "2 diaper dogs coming up".

#47 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1482 posts) -

Corndogs are the on of the greatest things ever; but i cant sit idly by when Jeff ruins them with Ketchup, something must be done to stop him.  Also what is with people;s hate of Mustard.....It is the condiment with no equal.

#48 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Just like kleenex I will always refer to them as Pogo. Also fuck ya.

#49 Posted by Demoskinos (15185 posts) -
@thebunnyhunter
Corndogs are the on of the greatest things ever; but i cant sit idly by when Jeff ruins them with Ketchup, something must be done to stop him.  Also what is with people;s hate of Mustard.....It is the condiment with no equal.
Finally someone makes some sense around here.
#50 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2734 posts) -

Corndogs aren't really a thing where I live. I'd love to try them, though.