Cosplay, spousal abuse & a trip to the hospital - my weekend.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Edited By oldschool

What an eventful week I had.  One day after returning from my work trip to Sydney (and the resulting urine related story), was my annual pilgrimage to the anime/manga convention, AI-con.

We managed to rent a lovely house overlooking the bay in Hobart, with great views also of the city and Mt Wellington.  This was our third trip to the convention and as we get to know more people we enjoy it more and more.  As well as my partner, we also had our 13 and 15 year old daughters and a school friend to keep us company.  Some of the costumes were very well done and some of the girls were VERY attractive.

No Caption Provided

A lot of efforts is put in by some people.

No Caption Provided

Stormtroopers shouldn't have sex with Cardcaptor characters.

No Caption Provided
Kero is pretty sassy.

No Caption Provided
Anyway, it was a fun 2 days, I made new firends and then it was just the drive back home - or so I thought.

We were just packing the last of the car, which is a station wagon.  My partner was fiddling around the cargo area.  I decided that I needed something out of the back, so I went to get it.  The next thing I remember is some very sudden pain and then nothing.  My partner had finished in the back and was closing the rear door.  Unfortunately she didn't see me and pulled the doorstraight down and very hard, on my head.  The part that hit me was a small edge just near the lights, meaning that the blow was concentrated in a tiny area.

So, apparently I was unconscious for a short time, maybe 30 seconds, laying sprawled out in the university carpark.  When I came too, the first thing I remember was my partner laughing whilst asking me if I was okay.  She assures me it was just fear and nerves.  I am checking my life insurance just in case she increased it.  This meant that my weekend ended in hospital for a CT scan, just to be on the safe side.

It did get me 3 days off work, but that was kind of negated by the sizeable and painful headache that it left behind.  Having my clothes urinated on by a work colleague and knocked unconscious by my partner - what a week.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By oldschool

What an eventful week I had.  One day after returning from my work trip to Sydney (and the resulting urine related story), was my annual pilgrimage to the anime/manga convention, AI-con.

We managed to rent a lovely house overlooking the bay in Hobart, with great views also of the city and Mt Wellington.  This was our third trip to the convention and as we get to know more people we enjoy it more and more.  As well as my partner, we also had our 13 and 15 year old daughters and a school friend to keep us company.  Some of the costumes were very well done and some of the girls were VERY attractive.

No Caption Provided

A lot of efforts is put in by some people.

No Caption Provided

Stormtroopers shouldn't have sex with Cardcaptor characters.

No Caption Provided
Kero is pretty sassy.

No Caption Provided
Anyway, it was a fun 2 days, I made new firends and then it was just the drive back home - or so I thought.

We were just packing the last of the car, which is a station wagon.  My partner was fiddling around the cargo area.  I decided that I needed something out of the back, so I went to get it.  The next thing I remember is some very sudden pain and then nothing.  My partner had finished in the back and was closing the rear door.  Unfortunately she didn't see me and pulled the doorstraight down and very hard, on my head.  The part that hit me was a small edge just near the lights, meaning that the blow was concentrated in a tiny area.

So, apparently I was unconscious for a short time, maybe 30 seconds, laying sprawled out in the university carpark.  When I came too, the first thing I remember was my partner laughing whilst asking me if I was okay.  She assures me it was just fear and nerves.  I am checking my life insurance just in case she increased it.  This meant that my weekend ended in hospital for a CT scan, just to be on the safe side.

It did get me 3 days off work, but that was kind of negated by the sizeable and painful headache that it left behind.  Having my clothes urinated on by a work colleague and knocked unconscious by my partner - what a week.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

God's way of telling you to stop watching anime.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By oldschool
tekmojo said:
"God's way of telling you to stop watching anime."
I only listen to a higher authority, and she told me to get out of the way when she is doing stuff :-)
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By RichardLOlson
Wow.....someone needs to get a life and not dress up like anime characters.....you know it when GOD takes over your "Partner" and bashes your brains out with your own car.  Thats GOD's way of saying, "Put down the toys and get a life."  You Loser!
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
RichardLOlson said:
"Wow.....someone needs to get a life and not dress up like anime characters.....you know it when GOD takes over your "Partner" and bashes your brains out with your own car.  Thats GOD's way of saying, "Put down the toys and get a life."  You Loser!
"
Someone needs a hug, a big dress  up anime hug and a stormtrooper to hump your leg.  You know you want it :-)
SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SoothsayerGB

If your having fun, then thats all that matters.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldschool
SoothsayerGB said:
"If your having fun, then thats all that matters."
True.  
Although the blow to the head wasn't so much fun.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By GamespotNoMore

why did your coworker pee on your clothes? (because you weren't there?)

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

I don't get all the Anime Hate.
Yes, some anime totally blows and yes, cosplay can be creepy but it's not a bad medium in any sense of the word.
Ouch with the head thing, closest I ever came to that was with my thumb, but that was a thumb.

GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I had my dad's dumptruck accidentally crush my thumb, I had to go to the hospital for that, I was 10-12 years old

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
GamespotNoMore said:
"why did your coworker pee on your clothes? (because you weren't there?)"
Combination of sleepwalking and excessive alcohol consumption.  The fact that he chose to empty his bladder where he did, in my mind, clearly shows that he thought (in the state he was in - dreamlike I imagine) that he was at the toilet.  I was merely 1 metre away from him.  He is massively remorseful for what happened, not because of the loss of employment, but for what happened to my clothes.
Red said:
"I don't get all the Anime Hate.
Yes, some anime totally blows and yes, cosplay can be creepy but it's not a bad medium in any sense of the word.
Ouch with the head thing, closest I ever came to that was with my thumb, but that was a thumb."
I don't either.

Cosplay is like being part of a theatre group.  You just play a character for fun and like Whose Line Is It Anyway?, it is all about the improv.  Sure, agreed that some people are a lot on the creepy and deranged side, but that can be said about anything in life - ever been to any major sport?  Tell me those fans are all normal.  Just for the record, I have never done cosplay, but I am quite prepared to go as Grandpa from Yu Gi Oh next year - just for laughs.

More importantly, it is about community.  It is just a social event for people who enjoy pop culture to hang out together.  There is art contests, AMV contests, video game playing (Streetfighter, Guitar Hero, Smash Bros et cetera), movies to watch as well as the cosplay fun.  Sure beats being at a local football match and being pissed at the clubhouse afterwards for me.

As you said about the hate, I don't get it.  I don't troll around other people's fun trying to put them down about it.  Whatever floats your goat I say.
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GamespotNoMore

I hope my girlfriend would go for Tifa or Cammy or Dead or Alive cosplay, who knows?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
GamespotNoMore said:
"I hope my girlfriend would go for Tifa or Cammy or Dead or Alive cosplay, who knows?"
When she does, post the pics please :-)
GamespotNoMore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GamespotNoMore

hell no would I post the pics...and I KNOW my girlfriend would not go for that and I wouldn't either.....(the DVDs will be sent discreetly with no return address thank U very much)

but seriously for more cosplay you should check out AnimeVice.com  

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
GamespotNoMore said:
"hell no would I post the pics...and I KNOW my girlfriend would not go for that and I wouldn't either.....(the DVDs will be sent discreetly with no return address thank U very much)

but seriously for more cosplay you should check out AnimeVice.com  "
I  am a member already.  Thing is, I never get into anything so seriously that I become some kind of expert in all things about it.  To be honest, I find some people there scary.  Too much knowledge is a bad thing.  I have just enough to have fun.  I won't argue with anyone about anime.  You eother like it or you don't.
Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Marzy

Glad you had a nice time, I would love to go to an anime/manga convention and dress up. : )

Sorry to hear about head, hope it gets better soon for you.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cynical_M

she may be trying to kill you....get out while you can....Dress up like a Strormtrooper so she doesnt see you...

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rexualhealing
RichardLOlson said:
"Wow.....someone needs to get a life and not dress up like anime characters.....you know it when GOD takes over your "Partner" and bashes your brains out with your own car.  Thats GOD's way of saying, "Put down the toys and get a life."  You Loser!
"
Troll troll is troll.

Someone needs to get a life and stop making fun of people on a VIDEYAGAME forum

I lol'd though.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RichardLOlson
rexualhealing said:
"RichardLOlson said:
"
Troll troll is troll.

Someone needs to get a life and stop making fun of people on a VIDEYAGAME forum

I lol'd though.
"
Yeah opinions are opinions and last time I checked, I was aloud to make one.  And as far as making fun of someone, people do it all the time, its called america.  Get over it.  But I'm glad you feel so important enough to state your opinion and say that I need to get a life...since you don't see me humping other people who are wearing silly halloween costumes.  Yes and I'm the one who needs to get a life.
rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rexualhealing

You are aloud to make an opinion. People make fun of people all the time but you're popping into a forum about videogames and making negative comments about nerd culture in a place where, no offense to anyone here (or to myself, for that matter), is basically a place for nerds to come and discuss nerdy topics, and I think that's hilarious. That would be my opinion.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RichardLOlson
Well I'm glad you find it amusing and I don't see why we should be arguing...but ok...so I'll just make this one comment, in a way I am a nerd, but am aloud to make comments about other nerds, so there in lies the point.  Its ok for a nerd to bash another nerd.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Wolverine

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I always wanted to go to a con like that.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RetroIce4

So i herd you liek mudkips? j/k... At least you had fun though.