could batman beat superman???

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By StaticFalconar

If batman has a "back up" plan to build a secret batcave in arkham, i'm pretty sure he has a "back up" plan of having a krytonite powered suit tailored to beat superman if that battle should ever come up. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By penguindust

After watching THIS, I think Wonder Woman could beat them both.  Sarah Silverman should star in the Wonder Woman movie.  (really, the audio is NSFW!)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Tennmuerti

This thread needs to lighten up:

No Caption Provided
Demonstride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Demonstride

Of course Batman can beat Superman. For one thing Batman is a genius and for another thing, Batman has kyptonite.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#55  Edited By sammo21

All Batman would need to do is learn magic and get some kryptonite.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Andorski

@PenguinDust said:

@Br3adfan said:
" I believe Batman has beaten Superman. Multiple times. "
This. Bruce Wayne don't take no crap.
No Caption Provided

Best Batman comic IMO. Bruce's line about teaching Kent what it means to be a man is epic. Definite proof that no super-power being can beat a man who has a plan. Having a shitload of money probably helps a lot too.

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By core1065

Superman's main weakness... Magic, so Gandalf could beat the shit out of Superman... So think about that one...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman always beats Superman. Whether it's a carefully constructed plan, a hidden piece of kryptonite (usually that ring he carries) or simply preying on his mind. Batman has a file in the Bat Computer with contingency plans for EVERY metahuman in the DC universe, should push come to show.

Also, I don't really like Dark Knight Strikes Back (The sequel to Dark Knight Returns), but I'll be damned if it wasn't sweet at the end of the first issue when Batman let's Superman come in to the cave and proceeds to beat him to a pulp with those kryptonite gauntlets he's fashioned.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Andorski

Thought this was an appropriate time to post these videos.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By prestonhedges

@giantbombOG said:

What's up, Comic Viner here. TDKR and Red Son aren't canon, and he didn't beat Superman in Hush. Batman has never truly beaten Superman in continuity.

Hypertime.

In DC continuity Batman has defeated Superman an infinite number of times.

But Superman has never beaten Batman.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By fullmetal5550

With enough prep time Batman can defeat anyone. That also includes Dr. Manhattan.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NTM

@super2j said:

I think batman could never beat superman, no matter how much cooler batman is compared to superman. But lets say we throw in another hero(videogame variety). Who would tip the battle towards batman. II think kratos at full power could do some dammage. And both are angry and dark, sooo win win.

Ironic. Kratos is an anti-hero. That aside, yes Kratos would kill Superman if he could strike him enough times. Though knowing both Kratos or any super hero, they always come back alive.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

So is this what the Comic Vine forums are like but all the time?

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By Xeiphyer

Superman can shoot lasers from his eyes, and is basically invincible. 

Batman is super crafty though, and he would find any weaknesses and use them to win, though he's not a bad guy, so he wouldn't use hostages or endangering people Superman cares about, so there's really only kryptonite left. I imagine Batman would tip his weapons with it or something, hes got tons of cash so he can probably afford to get a bunch of it.

So either Batman cheats and uses kryptonite, or Superman wins, basically. In a fair fight Superman will obviously wreck Batman, but Batman doesn't fight fair, he prepares!

Alternatively, Superman could reverse time, and kill Batman as a baby.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By clumsyninja1

Batman can't beat Superman...BUT B4tm4n can along with BamtanBamtanBatman

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RsistncE

@Breadfan said:

I believe Batman has beaten Superman. Multiple times.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By TheHT

@fullmetal5550 said:

With enough prep time Batman can defeat anyone. That also includes Dr. Manhattan.

It's true. Batman would be all "even the earth's most prepared and bad-assest human poses no more threat to you than does it's most prepared and bad-assest termite" and Dr. Manhattan would agree and teleport away. That Bruce Wayne's a clever mother-fucker.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By NTM

@giantbombOG said:

Aarghh, I'm going to get trolled so easily here, I can sense it.

@NTM: Kratos does not have much of a chance against Superman as Superman was granted a "gift" by the Phantom Stranger which protects him against magic (Superman Annual 10 I believe). That with his strength to pull a portion of the Earth, his superluminal speed, and his durability which let him soak a million nukes, Kratos doesn't have a prayer.

Yeah, you're right. Every time anyone asks "who would win in a fight?" and it has to do with Superman, I just say Superman. I was just thinking, Kratos is (or at least at some point was) a god, and I imagine GOD taking out anyone; though I guess it's different.

MonkeyGekko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By MonkeyGekko

If Batman was an evil baddie, he would've killed Superman, when he forced him to his knees in Superman The animated series. I can't remember the exact episode number, but it was the first episode of the Superman/Batman crossover episodes.

Always be batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are a little too hung up on kryptonite being Superman's only weakness. Remember that he has a slighter weakness towards magic (Hence why Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman can be considered his peers, powerwise)

Also, he's super powered by our solar system's yellow sun. I hate to bring up Red Son and DKR again, but there you have Supes getting his powers cancelled out by red UV lights underground (And then his ass handed to him by a superior hand to hand fighter in Batman) or him becoming a mere husk of himself after taking on a nuclear strike and having the sun blotted out by the resulting ashen sky.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@TeflonBilly said:

People are a little too hung up on kryptonite being Superman's only weakness. Remember that he has a slighter weakness towards magic (Hence why Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman can be considered his peers, powerwise)

Also, he's super powered by our solar system's yellow sun. I hate to bring up Red Son and DKR again, but there you have Supes getting his powers cancelled out by red UV lights underground (And then his ass handed to him by a superior hand to hand fighter in Batman) or him becoming a mere husk of himself after taking on a nuclear strike and having the sun blotted out by the resulting ashen sky.

Wait, what? Superman is solar powered? When did that happen?

Man, comic books can be really dumb. Why are we even arguing about this? Aren't Batman and Superman usually friends? Or at least non-enemies?

Also, Batman would totally win. He has before, and we will in the future. He's the Goddamn Batman.

Edit: Couldn't Batman also build himself some power armor that could make him as strong and fast as Superman? I mean, he does have the money and resources to build stuff like that.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By imsh_pl

I'm pretty sure Batman has a piece of kryptonite in his batbelt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krypton had a red sun. Nobody on that planet had super powers, they were just regular-ass people. It was when Superman arrived on Earth he began absorbing the rays of our sun which his body wasn't meant for which eventually became his super powers as he grew older. By the time Superman is even older he will actually become even more powerful (It's hinted in Kingdom Come which is set some 20-30 years in the future that not even kryptonite has the same punch as it used to, if any)

Hell, thousands of years from now, Superman is supposed to be the thing that keeps our sun from burning out by being the center of it and using his powers (As of the whole DC 1, 000 000 crossover a few years ago), but I'm pretty sure that was retconned out eventually.

Both Batman and Luthor are among the many who have tried the power armor gambit, but Superman is too fast and powerful in the long run against those things and eventually cracks them open like a lobster to get to the tender flesh inside.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AngelN7

Yep Superman would die of laughter at the idea of Batman wanting to fight him.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Still_I_Cry

All I have to say is..I wandered into a thread that I thought would be funny but found that it is very serious and comic book nerdy in here :P

Avatar image for iichristian89ii
IIChristian89II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Batman could beat anybody. Are you retarded? He's the goddamn Batman!

Avatar image for theblindchessman
TheBlindChessman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By TheBlindChessman

Depends if the particular writer at the time wanted him to.

You guys realise that they're fictional characters right?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Mmmslash

Regardless of whether it happened out of continuity or not (Not to mention that continuity is a fucking joke in the lands of DC), Batman has beaten Superman in every encounter. Multiple writers, same conclusion. Batman has a contingency plan for every metahuman in the DC universe. He will kill the fuck out of you, if he has to.

Edit: Note that I don't hate Superman like the rest of the folks in here. I'm a much bigger Superboy fan, but I've always liked Superman in general. He's a classic, like a living dinosaur. I can appreciate it.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By super2j

How did this thread start up again after a year?.... But i totally think batman can beat Superman now.

@Sammo21:

And now that i think about it, in the JLA universe, there is real magic...and batman knows a lot about everything, so doesnt it make sense he would take advantage and learn that stuff? So why is there no magic he uses?

Also he could totally use that on superman.

But seriously how did thread that i dont even remember posting come back to life? Zombie thread!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Ravenlight

@HaltIamReptar said:

If Batman had a week to prepare, then yes. Absolutely. Batman always has a plan. Also, in one story line, it was revealed that Batman has plans to kill everybody in the DC universe, if it came down to it. No joke. Superman, the Joker, the Calculator, you name it. Everybody.

This right here. Batman is never unprepared.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#82  Edited By Hector

Batman would beat him. I mean the guy has a log of all the super heroes in his world and their weaknesses.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By matthias2437

I like Batman far more then superman, but Superman would beat the fuck out of Batman. People tend to forget that Superman can punch through steel doors, which means he could easily punch straight through a human being, and he can fly as fast as sound. So lets look at this. Before Batman even knows whats coming superman flys at him and puts his fist through his chest. Batman is now dead and doesn't even know how it happened because Superman is already miles away. End of story.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@super2j said:

How did this thread start up again after a year?.... But i totally think batman can beat Superman now.

@Sammo21:

And now that i think about it, in the JLA universe, there is real magic...and batman knows a lot about everything, so doesnt it make sense he would take advantage and learn that stuff? So why is there no magic he uses?

Also he could totally use that on superman.

But seriously how did thread that i dont even remember posting come back to life? Zombie thread!

Batman willed it into being. He said, "I'm the Goddamn Batman, and this thread won't die until there's some goddamn resolution."

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#85  Edited By Little_Socrates

@super2j: On the note that your thread is alive again, did you ever read The Dark Knight Returns? If not, you really should, it's excellent beyond the Batman vs. Superman sequence.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86  Edited By huntad

Batman has beaten Superman several times. Winning isn't always about a fist fight. I have a bunch of comics detailing such victories.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the better question, is how many Xenomorphs could Batman take out bare handed before succumbing? My guess is about 200.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allworkandlowpay said:

the better question, is how many Xenomorphs could Batman take out bare handed before succumbing? My guess is about 200.

Pick this up and check out for yourself

No Caption Provided

Or you could check this out

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By probablytuna

Batman wins, flawless victory.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#90  Edited By sammo21

hahah did I bring this thread back to life? I was looking for reference photos and I noticed one of them on google images was the Batman, Batman, Batman PS3 game box from Giant Bomb so I clicked on it for a life and it brought me to this thread.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@allworkandlowpay: Zombies, needs zombies.

Hellstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hellstrom

Batman knows all of his allies weaknesses just incase he has to fight them. In short yes Batman would beat Superman.

Anthony Fremont or Jesse Turner would destroy them both, though. Fans of Twilight Zone should know who Anthony is.

No Caption Provided
DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DopeToast

No. The only thing that can stop Superman is Kryptonite, and Kryptonite isn't real. So there you have it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, couldn't Batman just tip Superman's wheelchair over?

No Caption Provided
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Dany

@TeflonBilly said:

No Caption Provided

Asshole.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@TeflonBilly said:

No Caption Provided

That...

Is a low blow

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kelbear

Batman would easily beat Superman with his power of retroactive continuity. Anytime Batman needs to do anything, ever, he has /already/ done everything needed to do that thing.

Need to translate ancient mayan script? Batman already learned that shit in his spare time while fighting crime all night, and being Bruce wayne all day. He has magic time in between day and night during which he does everything and anything.

By the time Batman fights Superman, Batman is holding the infinity gauntlet on one hand, a rainbow of lantern rings on the other hand, and has mastered all forms of magic (and remember, superman has no protection against magic). Superman is toast before he even shows up, because Batman has /already won/. Tony stark also cheats like this too. Making a goddamn anti-Spiderman device "just in case". Come on.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By super2j

@Little_Socrates: That was the one with the new female robin right? that was great! i think it was this thread that got me into that. Also because of this thread, i learned about Hush, which coincidentally i reserved at the library this week (arkham city gave me batman fever)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@thevigilanteoflove said:

No. The only thing that can stop Superman is Kryptonite, and Kryptonite isn't real. So there you have it.

I don't want to blow your mind here...But Superman isn't real either.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BlinkyTM

Only if Batman had Kryptonite. Superman might just melt him with his laser vision junk though. Cheap move man....cheap move.