Could you give me some advice on building my website?

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alexandru

I am building a website and I am curios what your opinions are on the very little that I made until now. If you could take a look and give me some advice I would be grateful.

Keep in mind that I only made like the drop down menu and a bit of the layout so I am literally just starting.

http://workspa.webs.com/Acasa/index.htm

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jimi

There is a gap between your drop down menus and the tabs they stem from.

Your font keeps changing.

Your menu has no wrapper connecting it across the screen, making the whole page uneven.

When I loaded it up I wasn't sure where I should even be looking, try to emphasise whatever you think is important on the page. People are lazy and if you don't catch their attention quickly they will just leave your website.

So much white, white isn't necessarily a bad thing but so far you have two colours. Try to come up with 3-4 complimentary colours and work with that.

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BillyMethers

You need to unify the look of it by having the menu fit the screen, along with the other art assets.

If you're needing a quick way to publish a website you can try a content management system like Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, etc.

If you need an HTML editor you may want to try a program like Dreamweaver. If you can't afford to buy it you can use a free one like SeaMonkey or Amaya.

If you want a quick way to manage a website though I'd go with the Content Management System option.