craaazy ideas for new premium features

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By falling_fast

(this thread isn't really about suggesting actual workable ideas as it is about posting pie-in-the-sky borderline-nonsense, for fun)

1) Brad dresses up as Joshua Norton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton) and, with Drew accompanying him with a camera, walks the streets of San Francisco interviewing random people about video games.

2) Vinny, Jeff, and someone from Atlus USA get together and record retrospective commentary tracks for each and every episode of the persona 4 endurance run.

3) CBSi sponsor a young programmer from the giantbomb community to go to an eastern monastery for a year and learn the Way of John Carmack from the man himself. accompanied by a documentary crew.

4) Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Dave, Drew and Alex are each given two years to make some sort of (reasonably simple) game (of whatever kind they want) in their spare time, and on their own. At the end of two years, all the games get the quick look treatment on the big live live show: live of that year, and are released for free download. A panel of judges comprised of Brad Muir, Matthew Rorie, Greg Kasavin and John Drake are given one month to decide which game they think is the best one. The premium content part of this would be getting monthly interviews with the contestants, and getting to see the judging ceremony at the end.

anyways, yeah. post your own ideas.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I think birthday cake should be sent to all premium users. mmmmm birthday cake.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

I like number 4, but instead of 2 years I say 24 hours, and just make them use RPG Maker. Also make it live stream for charity.

5) The Bombcasts Girl Friends play scary games with cameras pointed at them.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@Dagbiker: how long would the game be if it was made in 24 hours? Maybe give them like a week or two before the big live show?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Rafaelfc

6) a feature where Patrick acts like the cryptkeeper (tales from the crypt) and plays random weird-ass horror games!!

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FlarePhoenix

7) Vinny and Jeff doing a commentary on their commentary of their commentary of Persona 4

The possibilities are endless!

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rafaelfc

8) Imagine a feature where Ryan plays every Mario game in it's entirety (or as close as he can get) up to Super Mario World

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By breenmachine

@Rafaelfc: Fuck and yes.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maajin

I'm gonna blow your minds right now guys...

9) New Endurance Run

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rafaelfc

@Maajin said:

9) New Endurance Run

as much as i'd love a new endurance run, I don't think it should be premium content (and I'm a subscriber) keep the goodness free!

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DizzyMedal

@damnable_fiend said:

4) Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Dave, Drew and Alex are each given two years to make some sort of (reasonably simple) game (of whatever kind they want) in their spare time, and on their own. At the end of two years, all the games get the quick look treatment on the big live live show: live of that year, and are released for free download. A panel of judges comprised of Brad Muir, Matthew Rorie, Greg Kasavin and John Drake are given one month to decide which game they think is the best one. The premium content part of this would be getting monthly interviews with the contestants, and getting to see the judging ceremony at the end.

anyways, yeah. post your own ideas.

No Alexis? :(

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac

Ugh, these are all horrible ideas. I have one that is actually in the spectrum of reality. I'd love for their to be a weekly(or more often) Giant Bomb Talk Radio show every Friday. These shows are usually great for call-ins with premium members and this kind of video shouldn't be too hard to do. It's also more personal and more about the community than the bombcast so it can be far different from what they already do.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Nubster

@Phatmac:

@damnable_fiend said:

(this thread isn't really about suggesting actual workable ideas as it is about posting pie-in-the-sky borderline-nonsense, for fun)

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By renmckormack

Ryan and Jeff bid on storage lockers in the Bay Area that may or may not be full of arcade machines.

#coinopkings

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maajin

@Rafaelfc said:

@Maajin said:

9) New Endurance Run

as much as i'd love a new endurance run, I don't think it should be premium content (and I'm a subscriber) keep the goodness free!

Yeah, I agree. But just because I like your Decap Attack avatar.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sploder

Jeff hires me as his protege and I film it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

@damnable_fiend said:

1) Brad dresses up as Joshua Norton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton) and, with Drew accompanying him with a camera, walks the streets of San Francisco interviewing random people about video games.

YES! I would purchase another subscription if this actually happened!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

Wet T-Shirt contest starring the bomb crew. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamjohn

That John Carmack one is fanfuckingtastic, not gonna lie.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dagbiker

10) Vinny builds a pinball machine out of spare parts.
11) Jeff goes to bars and trys to pick up eokwn usingvhis knowledge of oldb video games.
chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chilibean_3

@Rafaelfc said:

6) a feature where Patrick acts like the cryptkeeper (tales from the crypt) and plays random weird-ass horror games!!

Bahahaha! This one is pretty good. But it does remind me of Bodega and Lemon's pretty good horror game video series.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ModernAlkemie

12) A giantbomb subplot where Brad develops an intense addiction to huffing cans of compressed air. A series of confessional-style videos will be put out as premium content culminating in an intervention led by Cool Baby.

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By breenmachine

@ModernAlkemie: "And now, a very special Bombcast..."

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rafaelfc said:

I'm willing to pay an unreasonable sum of money to see this.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By izzygraze

@Sauson said:

@Rafaelfc said:

I'm willing to pay an unreasonable sum of money to see this.

Yeah, in all seriousness a horror series starring Patrick would be a great premium content addition. Do really old ones games and new ones. And do it random PC game style by having the play session be 1-2 hours each. They could even do scary levels from games like the mansion from vampire the masquerade blood lines. Terrifying Tuesdays!

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By veektarius

@Dagbiker: I don't know if i care, but why do you want Jeff to pick up ewoks? I don't think he even likes Star Wars.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By SerHulse

I was actually thinking about this not too long ago:

13) Jeff and Vinny play 1 game in every years version of Madden, all the way up to the current one, maybe people can bet who would win.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

14) This is kind of left-field, but here me out: We have Ryan review films adapted from video games, and there'll be all this funny editing courtesy of Vinny himself and just AWW it'll be awesome. I can't come up with a title, but you get the idea...

I miss TANG. Still GB's best, and one of their most original, features thus far.
The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Nubster

15) Every Friday, the crew goes through a bottle of the liquor they have and just talk. The Drunkcast.

Emperor_Norton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Emperor_Norton

Bradley Shoemaker impersonating ME? Nay, I cannot endorse this. I will suffer no pretenders to my gilded, slightly rusted throne. Treasonous hogwash, I say!

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By Little_Socrates

@damnable_fiend said:

Don't really need the Joshua Norton part, I actually just think that would be entertaining to see random candid video game interviews.

@Rafaelfc said:

I actually think this might happen, though I also think Patrick might not actually be the horror fan we all imagine him to be. He's a big fan of the genre in the same way I am, but he's not about to start a horror fanzine for anything other than our entertainment.

@Rafaelfc said:

8) Imagine a feature where Ryan plays every Mario game in it's entirety (or as close as he can get) up to Super Mario World

@SerHulse said:

13) Jeff and Vinny play 1 game in every years version of Madden, all the way up to the current one, maybe people can bet who would win.

I would totally watch these two and be happy with them.

Also, can we please just get different versions of "The Gerstmann Hall of Fame" for all staffers pleeeeease? I don't just like that feature idea, I love it!

(Can't wait to be premium again tomorrow for the BLLSL. And not see this anymore.)

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King

Four words: Giant Bomb Knife Fight.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#33  Edited By Mento  Moderator

"It Came from the Gamespot Closet" - Jeff (and co) dig up the weird shit he bought in Japan years ago, still in Gamespot storage. Like with Game Room, at the end of every episode Jeff feebly defends his purchasing decisions.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

@Veektarius said:

@Dagbiker: I don't know if i care, but why do you want Jeff to pick up ewoks? I don't think he even likes Star Wars.

My fucking phone corrected my broken English into even worse broken English.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Sooty

still find it insane that Let's Plays are premium content. (Random PC Game, etc)

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By fattony12000

12 hour livestream of Vinny makin' cables.

WHAT!?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By SSully

A feature called MOBA's R Us. It's where one, or multiple of the respective crew attempts to break into League of Legends, DOTA 2, or another MOBA and records the whole thing.

Switch up the Jar time videos to another member. Nothing wrong with Jeff, just another person to ask questions to would be cool.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By napalm

@Video_Game_King said:

Four words: Giant Bomb Knife Fight.

The Knife v. Bat Initiative. I like where this is going.

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By skelington_

An extended, no holds barred, Roman colosseum-esque play-through of Johann Sebastian Joust, accompanied by a system through which users can place real-time bets on who will be the last man standing. We'd all feel like Caesar.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By dichemstys

Nudes.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@EarlessShrimp said:

I think birthday cake should be sent to all premium users. mmmmm birthday cake.

Can I get it on vinyl?

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By dichemstys

@chilibean_3 said:

@Rafaelfc said:

Bahahaha! This one is pretty good. But it does remind me of Bodega and Lemon's pretty good horror game video series.

Did they ever finish that?

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By chilibean_3

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

@chilibean_3 said:

@Rafaelfc said:

Did they ever finish that?

I don't think they did. Psh. Interns, you know?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a page I can see every single game release for a specific year? If not, that. SO CRAAAAAZY (This concludes my passive-aggressive rant about Giant Bomb seemingly not having this feature when it seems really obvious to have this feature. If I'm wrong and have just failed to find it, please direct me to it then proceed to shame me.)

So, for silly ideas... gladiatorial combat? With foam weapons.

Edit: I really like the idea of a horror game series. There are many, many awesome and free horror game mods/indie horror games out there that would be so fun to watch Patrick and Ryan play.