Cultural Differences...

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Cultural differences have always fascinated me. Whether it be the differences between British and American dialects or how the French President Sarkozy managed to win his election after having left his wife for a supermodel during the campaign. That's not railing on the French, by the way. I find that very amusing.

I have always loved discussing how the gears turn across the pond and I've finally decided that enough is enough! I'm going to create a topic for discussion of cultural comparisons. So without further ado....

Discuss!

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

French people understand that your personal life has nothing to do with how you govern.They thought a Conservative guy would be the best thing for the country. Well, a French Conservative.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb
ez123 said:
"French people understand that your personal life has nothing to do with how you govern.They thought a Conservative guy would be the best thing for the country. Well, a French Conservative.
"
We, in America, think the exact opposite. We believe that who you are as a person is intertwined with how you govern. Shouldn't a record of a candidate's past judgements be measured as a factor in the equation?
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ez123
BiggerBomb said:
"ez123 said:
"French people understand that your personal life has nothing to do with how you govern.They thought a Conservative guy would be the best thing for the country. Well, a French Conservative.
"
We, in America, think the exact opposite. We believe that who you are as a person is intertwined with how you govern. Shouldn't a record of a candidate's past judgements be measured as a factor in the equation?
"
Not anything having to do with their personal life.  As long as he gets the job done, who cares if he leaves his wife or not? 
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb
ez123 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"ez123 said:
"
"
Not anything having to do with their personal life.  As long as he gets the job done, who cares if he leaves his wife or not? 
"

We are most certainly not on the same page here.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By fr0br0
ez123 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"ez123 said:
"
"
"
Representing America, I have one person to reply to that statement, Bill Clinton.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiggerBomb
Fr0Br0 said:
"ez123 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"ez123 said:
"
"
"
Representing America, I have one person to reply to that statement, Bill Clinton.
"

Hmm, that's not a bad example. Bill Clinton might be too much of a player to be married, but he was an excellent president.
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ez123

I guess not. What I'm saying is that if "family values" was part of his platform, then it should matter.  Other than that, only his policies are relevant. 

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ez123
Fr0Br0 said:
"ez123 said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"ez123 said:
"
"
"
"
Exactly. His rating were high during the impeachment.  He was doing a great job and that's all that matters.
singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By singular

I guess there are more differences between the eastern and western cultures then between western cultures themselves.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Cultural differences are very interesting, indeed. Maybe that is why I have a degree in Anthropology.