Current Gen Gaming

tmnt82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By tmnt82

My Current Gen career has been short of late. I have owned both a PS3 and 360, and have had a crazy time trying to get myself to play these systems. I just couldn't figure out how I was going to get rid of the PS2 era. After time had passed, and I sold two of my 360s I realized that the only way to fixed this problem was to quit PS2 cold turkey. So I packed up all of my PS2 gear and games, and locked them away in storage. Out of sight, out of mind. Now I only see the PS3 when I wake up, when that boredom of the day comes over me, the PS3 looks up and I look back at it. I have to say its kind of like the awkward silence between you and a child that you have never seen or been with and you have just been given the responsibility to take care of said child for the next two weeks. As I sat there staring at this black box of entertainment. I ask a simple question that I have not be able to answer. What game should I play? I have twelve of them, yet I have no idea which one to play. I have sampled as much as I can and still no clear answer comes. Football, FPS, RPG, JRPG, Racing, or Action Adventure? The decision seem endless. Although one that has come up. I could trade in a majority of the six and get a new game as a way of christening the new system an age. I must confess. The current candidate is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Maybe not a traditional choice for an RPG gamer, but I like it none the less, plus I was not able to get into the previous title so I would like to give this particular franchise a try. 

Random thought:

I was looking at a game play video for Final Fantasy XIV and was very surprised that it looked slightly different from Final Fantasy XI. Don't misunderstand I know very well that Square is the creator of both games, but I figured they would just do a copy and paste with HD graphics, but It actually looked different. I feel the call to buy this game. I can taste the rabrab meat already.

tmnt82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tmnt82

My Current Gen career has been short of late. I have owned both a PS3 and 360, and have had a crazy time trying to get myself to play these systems. I just couldn't figure out how I was going to get rid of the PS2 era. After time had passed, and I sold two of my 360s I realized that the only way to fixed this problem was to quit PS2 cold turkey. So I packed up all of my PS2 gear and games, and locked them away in storage. Out of sight, out of mind. Now I only see the PS3 when I wake up, when that boredom of the day comes over me, the PS3 looks up and I look back at it. I have to say its kind of like the awkward silence between you and a child that you have never seen or been with and you have just been given the responsibility to take care of said child for the next two weeks. As I sat there staring at this black box of entertainment. I ask a simple question that I have not be able to answer. What game should I play? I have twelve of them, yet I have no idea which one to play. I have sampled as much as I can and still no clear answer comes. Football, FPS, RPG, JRPG, Racing, or Action Adventure? The decision seem endless. Although one that has come up. I could trade in a majority of the six and get a new game as a way of christening the new system an age. I must confess. The current candidate is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Maybe not a traditional choice for an RPG gamer, but I like it none the less, plus I was not able to get into the previous title so I would like to give this particular franchise a try. 

Random thought:

I was looking at a game play video for Final Fantasy XIV and was very surprised that it looked slightly different from Final Fantasy XI. Don't misunderstand I know very well that Square is the creator of both games, but I figured they would just do a copy and paste with HD graphics, but It actually looked different. I feel the call to buy this game. I can taste the rabrab meat already.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Xeiphyer
@tmnt82: They designed final fantasy XIV to be a completly different game from final fantasy XI, =P Of course there is obvious similarities such as the way characters look, they did that on purpose to make the transition easier from FFXI to FFXIV for those fans. The races themselves though are different beyond the looks.

And yeah, it looks pretty good so far haha! I think I'll end up getting it assuming i'm done with Aion by then.

I have heard Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is really good (along with the first one) but I have yet to try either.  

If you are looking for a good ps3 game to help ween you off your ps2, check out Disgaea 3, the graphics are similar to the other Disgaea games (PS2) but they are pretty crisp. That game is absolutely insane if you like Strategy RPGs, I have over 120 hours so far in it =) The main game took me around 60 hours, and the post game stuff has taken up 60 so far and I still have quite a ways to go.

The main game plays like a traditional rpg game in that you finish the game around level 60-70, but the level cap is 9999, so after you are done the game, things get crazy! Theres a trophy for hittign 10billion damage haha. There is also tons and tons of classes and monsters to use, and each monster can turn into a weapon. Its madness! and very fun =P