#1 Edited by White (1341 posts) -

Every time term break is around the corner my GPU (EVGA GTX 570) decides it's also time for a holiday too. Last term break it broke down the moment the exams were over. This time? It's right when Dark Souls 2 comes out on PC.

Fuck this GPU!!!!

#2 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (556 posts) -

Any idea what the issue is with the card?

I'm sure most Nvidia cards are perfectly fine, but I switched to AMD after a string of bad luck with Nvidia stuff. It only takes one or two bad experiences to ruin a brand for me.

#3 Posted by bybeach (4793 posts) -

I had 2 570's in sli, and one of them did the squat. I closed my eyes and got a bigger gpu. The other 570 is going in my work computer. You might think the same, but maybe wait for the next nvidia series to come out, or it's equiv. by AMD.

#4 Posted by White (1341 posts) -

@thatonedudenick said:

Any idea what the issue is with the card?

I'm sure most Nvidia cards are perfectly fine, but I switched to AMD after a string of bad luck with Nvidia stuff. It only takes one or two bad experiences to ruin a brand for me.

I don't think it's a brand issue. EVGA has been pretty good to me.

I had this card for a good 2.5 years now. It died a few months ago when the fans start spinning at max speed and no video would come out. Then the fan issue stopped and once it decides that it's okay to spit out some kind of video, it was displaying artifacts on BIOS and refused to let Windows pump video out through it.

So I got it RMA'd and received a replacement unit. Now a similar issue is happening where it starts kicking in at max speed with no video coming out.