• 102 results
Posted by mordukai (7092 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Daffy Duck or Donald Duck? (299 votes)

Daffy Duck. 58%
Donald Duck. 42%

Though I'm pretty sure Daffy will win by a landslide; this community never fails to surprise me.

So where do you stand? Daffy or Donald?

#1 Posted by TobbRobb (4408 posts) -

Wait. Daffy is popular? I thought this would be a no contest landslide in the other direction.

Oh well. Live and learn. I vote for Donald.

#2 Posted by mordukai (7092 posts) -

To me it's Daffy 100%. His deranged, chaotic, often times violent nature never fails. Not to mention he is highly quotable. Even as a child I gravitated towards Daffy,

Donald just never clicked with me. I always had problems understanding what the hell Donald was saying and he kinda creeps me out with his "no pants" sailor outfit. I will admit that Donald can be good once he gets on one of his anger phases. However, Daffy will always be the choice duck in this house.

#3 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Donald has the balls to wear a shirt but no pants. Somehow more disturbing than Daffy being fully nude

#4 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Dude, Daffy hands down.

#5 Posted by Capum15 (4573 posts) -

#6 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Am I missing something here?

Donald!

#7 Posted by MEATBALL (2788 posts) -

Donald Duck is fucking boring. Daffy is actually entertaining.

#8 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Daffy is hilarious when paired with Bugs Bunny or Porky Pig, but Donald Duck in Mathamagic Land is a central part of my childhood. The Chip & Dale animated shorts which co-starred Donald are pretty funny, too.

#9 Posted by Stonyman65 (2407 posts) -

I like 'em both, but my vote goes to Daffy.

#10 Posted by Inkerman (1448 posts) -

I had to think about who Daffy was for a long while.

#11 Edited by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Donald. More personality, more fun when you know someone who can do an impression.

#12 Posted by golguin (3658 posts) -

Have you seen Donald in Kingdom Hearts? He's pretty powerful.

If it was between a Keyblade Wielding Mickey and Bugs Bunny it would be even less of a contest.

#13 Posted by ProfessorEss (7123 posts) -

Donald. The original Angry Bird.

#14 Posted by audioBusting (1306 posts) -

I'm partial to Donald Duck because of all the comics I read when I was small. I still re-read them even now!

#15 Posted by Village_Guy (2410 posts) -

Who the hell is Daffy? Oh wait, right. Looney Tunes never was big where I live.

#16 Posted by Sinusoidal (1155 posts) -

Duck Dodgers in the twenty-fourth and half centurrrryyyyy!

#17 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -
Dark Wing Duck bitches!

#18 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

Donald Duck's really popular in Finland and I can't blame them..us? I'll vote Donald any day

#19 Edited by oraknabo (1426 posts) -

Daffy is a great character and I like him better than Donald alone, but Donald has such an amazing world built up around him thanks to Carl Barks and Don Rosa and the Ducktales and Darkwing shows that it's pretty much impossible to compare the two.

#20 Edited by ElixirBronze (356 posts) -

@oraknabo: Ducktales and Darkwing don't have anything to do with Donald though do they? I know the nephews and Scrooge is in Ducktales but I think Donald only cameos like once or twice?

#21 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

Daffy cause Looney Toons>Disney

#22 Posted by OldGuy (1431 posts) -

What, no one has posted this (possibly the greatest 6 minute cartoon in history):

#23 Edited by cclemon36 (179 posts) -

@chibithor said:

Donald Duck's really popular in Finland and I can't blame them..us? I'll vote Donald any day

Yeah, where all the Nords at? Kalle, Anders, Aku --them bastards.

I would have thought that the poll lean in Donald's favour, interesting. :)

#24 Edited by mordukai (7092 posts) -

@cclemon36 said:

@chibithor said:

Yeah, Looney Tunes were not prevalent in my childhood.

Maybe they are to busy Nording it out. Get it?! Nording..it..ou....Yeah I am ashamed of that one myself.

I can't believe you Northerners were not exposed to the sheer lunacy of Loony Tunes. Politics man, politics.

#25 Posted by oraknabo (1426 posts) -

@elixirbronze: Well, my point is that none of that would really exist without Donald. Without Daffy, we probably wouldn't have Marvin the Martian, but Donald was the foundation for a whole world of characters who are more interesting than he is by himself.

The real answer to this question is Scrooge McDuck.

#26 Posted by Daneian (1172 posts) -

Daffy fo' sho'. When I think of Donald Duck, all I see is the short where he can't open a window. His intense anger really makes me uncomfortable.

#27 Posted by Mirado (948 posts) -

@oldguy said:

What, no one has posted this (possibly the greatest 6 minute cartoon in history):

Yeah, I was going to post this myself. This was one of the real mold-shattering cartoons, and demonstrated that you can make a distinct character regardless of his current looks or voice.

#28 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@cclemon36 said:

Maybe they are to busy Nording it out. Get it?! Nording..it..ou....Yeah I am ashamed of that one myself.

I can't believe you Northerners were not exposed to the sheer lunacy of Loony Tunes. Politics man, politics.

I think the first time I remember seeing Looney Tunes was Space Jam.

Anyway, I don't think Daffy and Donald are that comparable in Finland (and other Nordic countries?) other than being drawn ducks. Donald's a comic character first and foremost, the shorts are there but they aren't even a factor to me when you ask this question. My answer would be the same if they suddenly stopped existing

#29 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

SCROOGE MCDUCK FUCK THE BULLSHIT

@oraknabo: Ducktales and Darkwing don't have anything to do with Donald though do they? I know the nephews and Scrooge is in Ducktales but I think Donald only cameos like once or twice?

In the comic book series Ducktales is based off of, Donald did appear a lot more than he did on the show. And that comic book series was really excellent and groundbreaking stuff.
#30 Edited by Pr1mus (3520 posts) -

Donald

#31 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

I don't particularly care for any flavor of anthropomorphic duck... If I had to choose, I supposed I'd say Daffy, because I remember watching Loony Toons with my dad as a kid, though I don't really have nostalgia for either, and watching these cartoons now doesn't do anything for me.

#32 Edited by Video_Game_King (34620 posts) -

Can somebody explain why ducks in cartoons always have a weird speech impediment?

#33 Posted by mordukai (7092 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@cclemon36 said:

I think the first time I remember seeing Looney Tunes was Space Jam.

On VHS?!

#34 Edited by Ben_H (3207 posts) -

Daffy Duck all the way. I still watch Looney Toons when I see it on the retro cartoon channel. That show is incredibly funny still.

#35 Edited by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

I maybe mistake but in most jurisdictions in the US, hunters are allowed to load 2 shots for duck hunting. Why not try to hit both?

#36 Edited by cloudnineboya (693 posts) -

daffy duck cause he daft% the other duck no his name is Donald. but the best duck is scrooge mcduck by a fucking mile.

#37 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

Even as a child I always thought the Disney cartoons were made for the stupid kids to watch while the Looney Tunes were on for those who had a better developed sense of humor.

#38 Posted by Krataur (319 posts) -

As others have said, the correct answer is actually Scrooge McDuck.

Barring that, Donald works almost as well for an answer.

#39 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2157 posts) -

After finding out about the new Looney Tunes show and watching this video recently I have to say Daffy, This is pretty much my favorite thing ever.

#40 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

Dolan.

#41 Posted by chocolaterhinovampire (1287 posts) -

Daffy Duck fully and completely

#42 Posted by Dalai (6881 posts) -

I'd even take Plucky Duck over Donald Duck.

The correct answer is Daffy, fellas.

#43 Posted by Video_Game_King (34620 posts) -
Can Daffy summon a Persona? I think not.

#44 Edited by mordukai (7092 posts) -

@extomar said:

I maybe mistake but in most jurisdictions in the US, hunters are allowed to load 2 shots for duck hunting. Why not try to hit both?

Because It was Elmer season.

#45 Posted by Raven10 (1596 posts) -

Daffy starred in some real classics like Duck Amuck and Rabbit Season/Duck Season. Donald was first but as far as cartoon shorts go, I'll always hold that Looney Tunes were superior to Mickey Mouse and Friends. So Daffy for me.

#46 Posted by Butano (1683 posts) -

Donald Duck for sure. His memorable voice and the world created around him is amazing. Without him, there'd be no Scrooge McDuck or Ducktales.

#47 Edited by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -

Daffy because Duck Dodgers.

#48 Posted by golguin (3658 posts) -

@butano said:

Donald Duck for sure. His memorable voice and the world created around him is amazing. Without him, there'd be no Scrooge McDuck or Ducktales.

And no Darkwing Duck. Let's not forget Kingdom Hearts! You Daffy people are crazy.

#49 Posted by Itwongo (789 posts) -

Both played big roles, for sure. But personally:

Looney Tunes > Silly Symphonies

#50 Edited by dalin88 (24 posts) -

Daffy is a great character and I like him better than Donald alone.