Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011
@kingclaw said:

" OH MY GOD... OF WAR? "

I think it looks better than God of War 3. The setting of hell is just is more appealing to me than ancient greece.
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By RipTheVeins
@kingclaw: it's a modern "character"-action game. what do you expect? 

I'm still on the fence about this one, but I think I'm slowly taking a liking to it.

EDIT: y'know what, I take that back; the Scythe extending as if it were the chains, the random button quick-time-events, hell it even has the same jump animation.  A bit much, no?
kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kingclaw

w@zombie2011:  well, I think it´s going to be a good game, and i´m going to get it, but you have to admite that its just like a god of war game with Kratos in a new costume

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011
@kingclaw said:
" w@zombie2011:  well, I think it´s going to be a good game, and i´m going to get it, but you have to admite that its just like a god of war game with Kratos in a new costume "
Yeah it does look like God of War but it does do Hell a lot better than God of War can. God of War's idea of hell was climbing up a rotating wall of blades that if you hit one blade you fall all the way down.  

Fuck i hate that part of the game.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

It looks pretty neat, and the marketing for it has been pretty amusing. I just hope it tries to accurately, or at least somewhat accurately retell the story it's based on.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By buzz_killington
kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingclaw
@zombie2011: lol, I hate that part too.  but in GOW 3 there´s going to be a fight against Ades, i want to see if  Kratos will travel to Hell again, maybe this time there ´ll be a better interpretation of hell
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

While Hell looks pretty awesome in that game, and I'm really enjoying the atmosphere, there is something that deters me:  there was a MASSIVE amount of context-sensitivity going on in that trailer.  Literally, about half of that trailer was context-sensitive stuff.  While I understand the purpose of using context-sensitive stuff, and the scenes that played out were pretty amazing and crazy...showing a GAMEPLAY trailer and then showing that HALF OF IT is context-sensitive really makes me squeamish. 

Otherwise, game looks solid.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By RsistncE

Yeah it does look awesome...but I have to admit, it looks VERY much like a God of War clone. All the way from the combat, the QT events and even the health and even the stuff you gather from dead enemies. Doesn't really matter all that much though.

James89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By James89

Game looks pretty awesome. The setting of Hell is just insane.  

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RipTheVeins
@jakob187 said:
" While Hell looks pretty awesome in that game, and I'm really enjoying the atmosphere, there is something that deters me:  there was a MASSIVE amount of context-sensitivity going on in that trailer.  Literally, about half of that trailer was context-sensitive stuff.  While I understand the purpose of using context-sensitive stuff, and the scenes that played out were pretty amazing and crazy...showing a GAMEPLAY trailer and then showing that HALF OF IT is context-sensitive really makes me squeamish.  Otherwise, game looks solid. "
I agree, but at the same time the journey through hell in the poem was kind of like a ride, so the context heavy gameplay almost fits in a weird way, since it seems more like something that you'll play through once and go "well that was a fun ride" rather than something that you can go back to and develop deep combat skills for.
bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bubahula
@zombie2011 said:
"@kingclaw said:

" OH MY GOD... OF WAR? "

I think it looks better than God of War 3. The setting of hell is just is more appealing to me than ancient greece. "

i agree completely, this setting for some reason fit better in my head for this type of game