DC Suicide Squad Trailer looks really, really good.

• 101 results
theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

I've enjoyed almost everything in the trailer. I'm excited to see what they will do with Killer Croc. Maybe getting some movie exposure will make him more relevant in Batman's universe. (Probably not) If he's anything like his Arkham Version, I'll be extremely happy.

Harley is a bit too slutty for my taste, I prefer her when's she's cute, resourceful and creepy. But, given her recent portrayal in comics, it's not hard to assume why they've taken this route. I can dig it.

Joker though....I'm torn.

I hate the design. I much prefer the well dressed purple suited Joker. Not saying that doing something different is bad, but you can do that without deviating so much from the source material. For example, Ledger had the purple suit, but at the same time he had that raggedy style going on that made him look insane. That was creative. That said, I'm pretty sure that he'll suit up eventually so that's not really a problem, I remember a leaked image where he was wearing the white suit. Plus given how pumped Batman is, no wonder Joker needs replacements for his teeth.

I won't speak about the acting though, since the only thing we have to go on is one line of dialogue. I also won't compare the acting to Ledger, since his performance was a once in a life time kind of thing, but damn...I'm not sold on it yet. The laugh, the voice (could be a sarcastic laugh though, in fact, it probably is), the design ... nothing really managed to grab me. I'm not trying to be a downer and I do hope Leto kills it as Joker, but so far nothing leads me to believe that he will.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

In the trailer, Will Smith is acting too likeable for Deadshot. He needs to Carry a more don't give a fuck attitude. I don't want to feel bad for these characters, I want to think they're scum but still have to root for them.

Harley Quinn... Look, I know she's a slut but almost every shot of her in the trailers is them using her as a sex symbol... I mean for god's sake, she's licking a gawtdang metal pole. Get a hold of yourselves... Whatever, it's their universe.

Batman... We're really going with the Christian Bale raspy voice again? We're gonna hammer that voice even further into the Batman legacy? Okay.

Joker. Looks crazy yes, but his facial expression with the eyes looks too happy. He should be more maniacal than happy.

Just a few opinions of mine. I'm hoping this turns out well!