Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xandurson

With my high school career coming to a close (only 5 and a half weeks left), the summer of decisions begins. Oddly, only one of them has to do with college. That's the first decision. It's whether to go to one college or the other. I will not name the colleges at this time but I will say they are both in my home state of Michigan. I'm leaning to one and that's the one I'm probably going to but I won't say the name until I make my decision (sorry I just want to make sure you guys have no input even though you probably don't know of the schools or care). That decision will be made by the end of May. The second decision is what to do with my graduation money. I don't know whether or not to buy an Alienware gaming laptop (do not tell me Alienware sucks because that's the brand I'm choosing) or an HDTV (probably a Vizio). I will have that decision by the end of June or July (probably). Down to my last decision: iPod Touch or DSi. This one is really going to bug me. I don't know which one I want please feel free to post your input on this one.

And now here's a decision I already made and it's final. I'm going to buy a PS2. I don't own one and never have. My dad did and I played some games on it but my parents are divorced and I live with my mom so I never considered that owning one. GameStop is selling a used one for $70 and new ones cost $100 so that's pretty good. I do like the game collection it has, too. Most of the games only cost between $5-$30 and there are a lot of great ones for under $10. I have the money for that (actually I have about $160 in spending money right now) but I don't want to buy anything until I get a job. However, I applied at a local place that is only open during the summer and got to talk to the manager and that looks promising. I may hear something about that within this week. So if I find out I'm getting the job then I'd be willing to spend the money. I'll leave you with the list of games I was going to buy with it please add any in the comments that you think I would like.

Until next time, READ THE LIST AND COMMENT!
-GamerGeek360

• Jak and Daxter
  • Jak 2
  • Jak 3
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Aresnal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked
  • Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
  • Sly Cooper
  • Sly 2
  • Sly 3
  • Persona 4

Any more suggestions?
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xandurson

With my high school career coming to a close (only 5 and a half weeks left), the summer of decisions begins. Oddly, only one of them has to do with college. That's the first decision. It's whether to go to one college or the other. I will not name the colleges at this time but I will say they are both in my home state of Michigan. I'm leaning to one and that's the one I'm probably going to but I won't say the name until I make my decision (sorry I just want to make sure you guys have no input even though you probably don't know of the schools or care). That decision will be made by the end of May. The second decision is what to do with my graduation money. I don't know whether or not to buy an Alienware gaming laptop (do not tell me Alienware sucks because that's the brand I'm choosing) or an HDTV (probably a Vizio). I will have that decision by the end of June or July (probably). Down to my last decision: iPod Touch or DSi. This one is really going to bug me. I don't know which one I want please feel free to post your input on this one.

And now here's a decision I already made and it's final. I'm going to buy a PS2. I don't own one and never have. My dad did and I played some games on it but my parents are divorced and I live with my mom so I never considered that owning one. GameStop is selling a used one for $70 and new ones cost $100 so that's pretty good. I do like the game collection it has, too. Most of the games only cost between $5-$30 and there are a lot of great ones for under $10. I have the money for that (actually I have about $160 in spending money right now) but I don't want to buy anything until I get a job. However, I applied at a local place that is only open during the summer and got to talk to the manager and that looks promising. I may hear something about that within this week. So if I find out I'm getting the job then I'd be willing to spend the money. I'll leave you with the list of games I was going to buy with it please add any in the comments that you think I would like.

Until next time, READ THE LIST AND COMMENT!
-GamerGeek360

• Jak and Daxter
  • Jak 2
  • Jak 3
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Aresnal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked
  • Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
  • Sly Cooper
  • Sly 2
  • Sly 3
  • Persona 4

Any more suggestions?
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By mracoon

From your list it looks like you like platformer/adventure games so you might want to try psychonauts (I never played the PS2 version but it can't be that different from the others. Apart from that my personal favourites are: Shadow of the Colossus, RE4, FFXII, FFX, MGS3, GTA games, Gran Turismo games and God of War 1 & 2.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xandurson

Thanks man for your important. I forgot many games when I made that list I wanted to keep short.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'd go with the iPod touch over DSi just because of all the stuff you can do with the iPod. As far as the PS2 thing goes, I'd save up and buy a current gen system myself.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By teptom

Okami and both Viewtiful Joes. I think the Size Matters port to the Ps2 was not well done. Be careful.

Get a DSi if you don't already have a Lite. 
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xandurson

@Everyones_A_Critic: I can tell you don't read my posts much. I already have a 360. Why would I want another current gen system?

@Shini: Thanks for the input.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Artie

I'd suggest FFX, GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas (unless you got the Xbox ones), RE4, Shadow of the Colossus, and the MGS games if you're into that stuff (I didn't like them).

I'd also suggest against Rachet Deadlocked, since it was pretty dumb. Up Your Arsenal is a good place to leave off with R&C. Also Size Matters is a PSP game, not Ps2.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xandurson

Thanks for the input. I was considering the GTA games and probably the MGS games. As for the Ratchet and Clank games, Size Matters is a PSP and a PS2 game but I think I'm not gonna get it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

The iPod Touch would be a better choice if you want a versatile portable media player, but if you want to really "game," go with a DSi. Still, my suggestion is the iPod.

For the PS2, the big names have already been said, so, yes, go get the GTA, MGS, and RE games, as well as Shadow of the Colossus. I would also recommend the God of War games, Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (you can find it for about $5 used), and Psychonauts. Maybe The Punisher as well if you want violent, dumb fun.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xandurson

Thanks for the input.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

Shadow Of The Colossus is a fucking aggravating game. I liked it, but never got around to finishing it because the last boss is impossible.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MKHavoc

I don't think you should play through one entire series of games in a row.  You might get burnt out on them that way.  I think you should alternate between Sly Cooper, Jak, and Ratchet or just take a break between each game. I'd also recommend Resident Evil 4, SSX 3 and Freedom Fighters if you don't already have them on other platforms.  I can't really help you with the other choices though.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By raven_squad

I'd get a DSi over an iPod touch. iPod touch is not really a great MP3 player audio quality wise, and the games on it blow for the most part. 

As far as PS2 games go, are you into RPG's? Survival horror? If so, I can start making some suggestions. 
ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By ishotmrburns
GamerGeek360 said:
"I already have a 360. Why would I want another current gen system?"
Why wouldn't you? You're missing out.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By End_Boss

PLAY MASS EFFECT DAMMIT.

Because I demand it.
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xandurson

@nate: Good to know, I was probably going to pass on that anyways.

@MKHavoc: I wasn't going to play all of those in a row. I just typed them up that way.

@raven_squad: I prefer RPG's but not JRPG's. So please do not say Final Fantasy although I like Kingdom Hearts.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Manhunt and Manhunt.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#18  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'd definitely pick up a DSi.  I love my iPod, but the DSi is a hell of a lot of fun and it's got a wide variety of good games.

As far as the PS2, I'd suggest the following:

Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Rogue Galaxy (those are action-ish RPG's, so you may want to research them if you're not into JRPG's as you mentioned), Monkey Island, Gran Turismo 4, the Burnout games (if you don't already own them on a different system), and just about any SSX game.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xandurson

@ishotmrburns: Just, nevermind...

@End_Boss: Okay, okay, I promise I'll play it this weekend and in the coming days if I have a chance.

@Captain_Fookup: Okay...maybe.

@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Thanks man. Oh and to everybody who posted PS2 games, I'll be posting a new list on Saturday when I post the Achievement Update post.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By raven_squad

Well, you should definitely pick up Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xandurson

Thanks. I'm surprised I got this many responses to this.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By demonbear

Depends on tastes but i think you should go with :

Metal Gear Solid 1-2-3
God of War 1-2
Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy 10 or 12, depending on personal preference.

Oh and like a guy said earlier, if you didn't played mass effect yet on your 360, stop the madness and go play it already. NOW.

I mean it, go NOW!!

Go play this now!
Go play this now!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xandurson

That was a reference to one of my previous blogs in which I said I have played Mass Effect and even own it but have not beat it yet because other games got in the way. I will play it though. Thanks for the input man.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By demonbear

It's certainly one of the most satisfying experiences i had with my 360. In fact, its the last game i finished on it before it gave me the RROD and all hell broke loose.