Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kashif1

Something rather funny i found on cnn.  Ill just copy the whole article:
"

WASHINGTON (CNN) – As Congress prepares for a weeklong recess next week, Democrats on the House Energy and Commerce Committee have armed themselves with a special weapon to deal with a possible Republican effort to delay getting a major piece of legislation out of committee by Memorial Day.

Democrats on the committee have hired a speed reader to read the more than 900-page climate change bill if necessary.

A request to have the entire bill read aloud is a prerogative Republicans have a right to invoke which could be used to frustrate Committee Chairman Henry Waxman's deadline of Memorial Day to get the committee's work on the bill done.

Even with the use of the speed reader, reading the entire bill could take the equivalent of more than a full work day of time."

So any thoughts on this, i find it funny for some reason.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

What's the point of having a bill no one can read? 
I'm sure they could condense that to 10-20 pages.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By FCKSNAP
SmugDarkLoser said:
What's the point of having a bill no one can read?  I'm sure they could condense that to 10-20 pages. [more]
Ever own a credit card? Yeah, we're all fucked and have no say in it.
mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mikevanpwn

The Republican strategy has failed!  Reading that bill in front of the committee could have possibly taken so long that by the time they were done reading it, the 2010 midterm elections would have been over, giving the Republicans a chance to gain the majority again.

No one expected the democrats to hire a speed reader for the process.