Desperately Seeking Arby's Sauce

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey Bombers, I'm in dire straits here. I'm on my diet grind right now, which means that lunch is a bleak affair. As it stands, I'm scarfing on a roasted turkey and Swiss sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread, with some light mayo. It's alright, but I need something more. Some time ago, I had a random packet of Arby's sauce, and I added it to a sandwich. It was amazing.

Now, I've heard that it's possible to buy bottles of Arby's sauce. After a cursory search, however, I could find no way to buy any. I don't really feel comfortable trying to ask an Arby's employee to give me a huge amount of Arby's sauce packets. I heard that there is a British sauce called HP sauce, which is similar. I'm in a bind, and I'm not sure what to do. Help!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By htr10

Maybe someone else knows otherwise but I don't think that Arby's sauce was ever sold by the bottle except MAYBE there was a brief period when they sold it from their restaurants. If you need Arby's sauce that bad, just bite the bullet and make one of the half dozen or so copycat recipes that I'm sure you found when you searched for Arby's sauce on the internet. Alternatively, go into an Arby's and just ask for a whole lot of sauce and there is a pretty go chance the employee there won't care and will just give it to you. Just make sure and use the same language you used in this post and tell him that you're "in dire straits" and "in a bind" because of your lack of Arby's sauce and they might just give you all the sauce that they can. I'm not being sarcastic.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

But really, for a not stupid link, check this sauce: HP

Apparently pretty similar.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By veektarius

I don't understand people who don't prefer Horsey Sauce

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UncleBenny

isn't Arby's Sauce just ketchup mixed with their horsey sauce (mayo and horseradish)?

oops, never mind, here's the knockoff recipe

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on how comfortable you are with cooking, seems like you can make it yourself pretty easily

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LittleWask

@htr10: I believe that pleading in desperation with an Arby's employee could be successful. I just don't have any Arby's restaurants within 30 minutes of my home/job. I'd rather not take the chance. Plus the shame factor.

I considered trying to prepare the sauce myself, but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with that. Ideally, I'd like to keep a bottle in my desk at work. If I were to prepare it myself, I would have an irresistible urge to keep it refrigerated. Plus, how much would it really taste like Arby's sauce?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

I'd say a bottle of that HP sauce is cheap enough that it's worth giving a shot considering how badly you want it.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Do it like Ryan did.

Loading Video...

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Some stores actually sale the full bottles. You could always try asking the manager if they have any for sale, and if not can they get some. I've seen the bottles for sale in GA.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been there, I've got this weird thing for McDonalds honey mustard. At one point I drove through the drivethrough and said "I know this is dumb, but can I buy like a dozen honey mustard sauces? They charged me like a quarter for each of them. Just put on a hat and some sunglasses and deal with it.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Corevi
@toowalrus said:

I've been there, I've got this weird thing for McDonalds honey mustard. At one point I drove through the drivethrough and said "I know this is dumb, but can I buy like a dozen honey mustard sauces? They charged me like a quarter for each of them. Just put on a hat and some sunglasses and deal with it.

I did the same thing with Burger King's zesty sauce but I got a burger at the same time and they didn't charge me for the sauce.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda with you there. I've never bought that many packets, but I love to get it and dip my fries in it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@toowalrus said:

I'm kinda with you there. I've never bought that many packets, but I love to get it and dip my fries in it.

I was (and still do sometimes) make actually healthy sandwiches and make it slightly less healthy by dipping it in honey mustard.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#

I don't understand people who don't prefer Horsey Sauce

This a million times. Though I have grown fond of full blown hot Horseradish. But the Arby sauce...always had a special name for it.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

It's called dijon mustard, dude. Or sweet-hot mustard. Or regular old mustard. Don't put any of that Arby's garbage on there. All their sauces suck.

Well, everything from Arby's sucks completely, so that's not really a surprise. Yuck.

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mormonwarrior: No spoilers, please.

So, for all interested parties, I did decide to buy the HP sauce. My concern is that it will basically be like A1 sauce, but I've got to try something. I'm not being dramatic when I say that I will die if I don't get some Arby's sauce soon. Well, okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic.

I'll let you guys know how it all shakes out.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@littlewask: I once drove with a couple guys 45 minutes each way to get White Castle burgers. From the sound of it, a 30 minute drive may not be that crazy to get some Arby's sauce. Hopefully, the Arby's alternative sauce works out for you.

jachin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jachin

I'm so hungry, I could eat Arby's.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robsamuel: I don't think Arby's sauce taste like HP sauce, but what do I know?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalbaofu said:

@toowalrus said:

I was (and still do sometimes) make actually healthy sandwiches and make it slightly less healthy by dipping it in honey mustard.

I tried to post this yesterday, but my internet went out before I could.

I need to get some and use on a homemade sandwich sometime...never really thought of trying that before. We did use the McDonald's honey mustard in a recipe that called for honey mustard one time. I think it was some kind of chicken stir fry thing.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By btrdeadthanred

I have nothing to add. But the title of this thread is amazing. That is all

LittleWask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UPDATE: My friends, it has been some time. Please, allow me to spin you a tale of intrigue and deceit, as I delve into the not-so-distant past and recount my experiences on my hunt for Arby's Sauce.

I tried to order some HP sauce on Amazon, but then the seller never shipped it so I had to get a refund.

So that's most of it. Nine out of ten. I stopped trying to eat healthy so I gave up on the stuff, but now I'm thinking about starting up again. Lunch is the hardest meal for me, because if I'm not satisfied, I'll snack. So I'm back to square one. Guess I'll try to buy some HP sauce again.

This time, I may go to World Market.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please continue to provide an update of your progress every 7 months or so.