It's quite alright.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah man this album kicks ass, I love, I tampered with the evidence at the murder site of Odin, thats an awesome song.

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By RipTheVeins

the bloodlines video is pretty amazing, too:

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG!!!   MUST..........GET..............NOW!!!!!

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By dethfish

Yeah, I have to buy this as soon as possible.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

since i dont watch the show i guess i'll pass

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By bed

dethklok rules 
MUST GET 

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ArchScabby

wait this is out?  fap fap fap fap.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By asurastrike

Do you folks like coffee?

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RipTheVeins
@ArchScabby said:
" wait this is out?  fap fap fap fap. "
no it's just a preview on MySpace, it comes out tuesday for reals. Also, i think, the limited edition has 2 bonus songs and a dvd with a bunch of their concert footage.

\m/(>.<)\m/
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArchScabby
@RipTheVeins said:
" @ArchScabby said:
no it's just a preview on MySpace, it comes out tuesday for reals. Also, i think, the limited edition has 2 bonus songs and a dvd with a bunch of their concert footage.    \m/(>.<)\m/ "
well I found it on the internets.  So unofficially it is out.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJOR64
@ArchScabby said:
" @RipTheVeins said:
" @ArchScabby said:
no it's just a preview on MySpace, it comes out tuesday for reals. Also, i think, the limited edition has 2 bonus songs and a dvd with a bunch of their concert footage.    \m/(>.<)\m/ "
well I found it on the internets.  So unofficially it is out. "
Yeah.  I think it got leaked early onto the interwebz.
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RipTheVeins
@JJOR64 said:

" @ArchScabby said:

" @RipTheVeins said:
" @ArchScabby said:
Yeah.  I think it got leaked early onto the interwebz. "
That's unfortunate for them, but I like to own a physical copy of my favorite artists' CDs, so it looks like I'll still be waiting 'till next week.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I'm going to see Dethklok with Mastodon, High on Fire, and some shitty band I can't remember the name of on 10/27. I can't fucking wait!!!! It shall be a metal night for the ages!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JJOR64
@Everyones_A_Critic: You lucky bastard.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby
@RipTheVeins said:
" @JJOR64 said:

" @ArchScabby said:

" @RipTheVeins said:
" @ArchScabby said:
Yeah.  I think it got leaked early onto the interwebz. "
That's unfortunate for them, but I like to own a physical copy of my favorite artists' CDs, so it looks like I'll still be waiting 'till next week. "
Well if there's a leaked copy of a new cd of a band that I like I'll usually download it, but when the actual album comes out I'll buy it anyways to suppot them.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

Is it just me, or is it almost sad that a "fake" band happens to write some of the best damn metal in existence?!  Can't wait to pick this up!!! 

Also, I still don't know how I feel about the change in vocals...

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RipTheVeins
@jakob187:  Actually I don't think that at all, if you think about it Dethklok was made as part satire and part tribute to metal so Brendon Small must really love the stuff and making him able to have some actual emotion and care in his music. Not to mention that he's an amazing guitarist who manages to have his own unique sound in a world sadly riddled with mediocre and half assed riffs as of late. 

And I agree that the new vocals weird me out, it's not the "deth-whisper" that I've become accustomed to, but you have to at least appreciate the lengths that Small goes to so that he can totally re-invent the band's for sound 
each season, and CD,  while still having it be true to the original inception of Dethklok's music.
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RipTheVeins

Y'know, I think I'm seriously considering getting a Klokateer Emblem, the Cog design branded into the back of Dethklok's servants'/roadies' necks, on the back of my own neck...once I find a job where this is acceptable of course.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By killer_meatballs

Can't wait to get this CD.  The first kicked ass. I was surprised how good it was.  Didn't know what too expect.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By MeierTheRed

Vocals are still weak sauce.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187
Direct link to the album streaming incoming!!! 

Gonna have to get the limited edition.  I need me some DVD footage!!! 

Also...it seems like some of the songs are still using drum machines...like "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence".  Maybe that's not true, but Gene Hoglan's drumming is typically not so robotic sounding.

YOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPOOOOOOOO!!!!
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ninjakiller

YES!

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RipTheVeins
@jakob187 said:

" Direct link to the album streaming incoming!!!  Gonna have to get the limited edition.  I need me some DVD footage!!!  Also...it seems like some of the songs are still using drum machines...like "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence".  Maybe that's not true, but Gene Hoglan's drumming is typically not so robotic sounding. YOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPOOOOOOOO!!!! "

you big silly, that's not robotic! it's just the sound of it being recorded on Puure Water! (thanks the the Hydro Electric Audio Recordination...DEVICE)
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
@RipTheVeins said:
" @jakob187 said:

" Direct link to the album streaming incoming!!!  Gonna have to get the limited edition.  I need me some DVD footage!!!  Also...it seems like some of the songs are still using drum machines...like "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence".  Maybe that's not true, but Gene Hoglan's drumming is typically not so robotic sounding. YOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPOOOOOOOO!!!! "

you big silly, that's not robotic! it's just the sound of it being recorded on Puure Water! (thanks the the Hydro Electric Audio Recordination...DEVICE)"
FUCK!  YOU'RE RIGHT!!!  What was I thinking?  I completely forgot about HEARD!
RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RipTheVeins
@jakob187 said:

" @RipTheVeins said:

" @jakob187 said:

you big silly, that's not robotic! it's just the sound of it being recorded on Puure Water! (thanks the the Hydro Electric Audio Recordination...DEVICE)"
FUCK!  YOU'RE RIGHT!!!  What was I thinking?  I completely forgot about HEARD! "
YOU'RE MAKING RAMEN NOODLES WITH SKWISGAAR'S SOOLOOOO!!!
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MrKlorox

How are they a fake band? They are a real band with fake members, like Gorillaz. The music is real and that's all that matters.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jakob187
@MrKlorox said:
" How are they a fake band? They are a real band with fake members, like Gorillaz. The music is real and that's all that matters. "
ACTUALLY...during the seasons of the show, any songs that are heard are solely the work of Brenden Smalls, as he uses a drum machine and then records all the guitar, bass, and vocals himself.  Once they are on tour, that is when he has a backing band, but even then, they have animations that play over a giant screen in front of them in order to convey that it is Dethklok and not the people behind the giant curtain.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Dethalbum II is all right. Gonna see them with Mastodong (Crack The Skye was good too, no Remission though), High On Fire and Converge.

I think I might just see Converge and then leave. :P

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

"

I'm going to see Dethklok with Mastodon, High on Fire, and some shitty band I can't remember the name of on 10/27. I can't fucking wait!!!! It shall be a metal night for the ages!

"
People will think Converge is shitty to start off and might get some booing to an audience who are only listen to the headliners; probably due to the hardcore punk influence and Jacob Bannon's vocals can be too harsh and incomprehensible. But having an open mind when listening to them, it's awesome to hear the crossover intensity and energy they deliver especially with the new album in October.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrKlorox
@jakob187 said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" How are they a fake band? They are a real band with fake members, like Gorillaz. The music is real and that's all that matters. "
ACTUALLY...during the seasons of the show, any songs that are heard are solely the work of Brenden Smalls, as he uses a drum machine and then records all the guitar, bass, and vocals himself.  Once they are on tour, that is when he has a backing band, but even then, they have animations that play over a giant screen in front of them in order to convey that it is Dethklok and not the people behind the giant curtain. "
You're right, I should have said "he is a real band." But the concept remains: Gorillaz is also the project of primarily one man (albeit he enlists various musicians for each track/album) with cartoon members. 

The stage presentation is different because the atmosphere is different. Metallers want to see the actual fingering of the solos, want the band to address them personally and act as self-cheerleaders. You're not going to want that from an electro show like Gorillaz. Plus the curtain is transpearent and slightly backlit so you can still see the musicians at a Gorillaz show.

Also, his name is Brendon Small.