coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

Edited By coonce

Hey guys,

Quick heads up as to what the engineers have been working on the past week or so.

Dave: Completely re-styled ComicVine and it looks absolutely amazing. He's going to take some time now and give AnimeVice the new GB treatment as well. On the side, he'll be helping me fix lists -- any ideas on what you guys want to see out of the list feature, pls send them our way!

Andy: New back-end queuing and messaging system..... this will allows us to do a lot the heavy lifting in outside processes - hopefully speeding up performance across the sites.  He's also been improving the API for our new iPhone app while simultaneously de-bugging my bullshit.

Ethan: Upgraded our javascript framework to work w/ the newest version of mootools.... ninja'd up the rest of the image editing tools (how fucking sick is that shit -- ethan is the damn man when it comes to js -- I'm constantly impressed with what he's doing on that side of things.

Sean: Upgraded all of our code to work w/ the newest Django release. Something we've been putting off for awhile, but its nice to be close to trunk. Aside from that, I've been working with Dave on ComicVine and I'm currently re-working our private message system.... there's a few bugs that are completely crapping out ComicVine (there's just more data over there) -- so we've actually had to take pms down until we get this fix out..... which is actually what I should be doing right now. BACK TO WORK!

Good days :)
coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By coonce

Hey guys,

Quick heads up as to what the engineers have been working on the past week or so.

Dave: Completely re-styled ComicVine and it looks absolutely amazing. He's going to take some time now and give AnimeVice the new GB treatment as well. On the side, he'll be helping me fix lists -- any ideas on what you guys want to see out of the list feature, pls send them our way!

Andy: New back-end queuing and messaging system..... this will allows us to do a lot the heavy lifting in outside processes - hopefully speeding up performance across the sites.  He's also been improving the API for our new iPhone app while simultaneously de-bugging my bullshit.

Ethan: Upgraded our javascript framework to work w/ the newest version of mootools.... ninja'd up the rest of the image editing tools (how fucking sick is that shit -- ethan is the damn man when it comes to js -- I'm constantly impressed with what he's doing on that side of things.

Sean: Upgraded all of our code to work w/ the newest Django release. Something we've been putting off for awhile, but its nice to be close to trunk. Aside from that, I've been working with Dave on ComicVine and I'm currently re-working our private message system.... there's a few bugs that are completely crapping out ComicVine (there's just more data over there) -- so we've actually had to take pms down until we get this fix out..... which is actually what I should be doing right now. BACK TO WORK!

Good days :)
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

Nice look. I was prepared for that pic for the David Hasslehoff/ Superman story, It made me bring up my dinner a little.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

I'm loving the color scheme of ComicVine, wish GB could look like that. Not enough contrast between the color/shades on Giant Bomb.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome news.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

You guys are terrific , ComicVine 's new design is simply spectacular

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The new Comic Vine design looks awesome.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RenegadeSaint
List Suggestions:
  • I'd love the option to add a specific version of a game to a list.  Mostly this is for the collection list, but it would be nice to have for all of them. As of right now I can't choose the console or the edition of the game when adding it.  One way to do this would be to add an "Editions" label to the "General Information" box.  When adding a game, you could then have a bunch of check boxes based on the data from there and the "Platform(s)" label.  This would allow users to provide all the wiki information and customize our lists with collector's/special/limited/console editions.
  • The notes feature is nice and it would be great to keep.
  • I'd like to be able to export lists as .txt or Excel files. 
  • Delete list option.  Currently, deleting all of the games from a list doesn't remove the list itself.
  • Ability to organize a list either manually (drop and drag) or by preset categories (Name, Year, Genre, etc.).

Thanks for all of your hard work.  You guys are making this site more amazing everyday.

-Nick
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Wolverine
lordofultima said:
"I'm loving the color scheme of ComicVine, wish GB could look like that. Not enough contrast between the color/shades on Giant Bomb."
I don't know I'm not crazy about the white background on ComicVine. I like the black background on GB better.
Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Spencer

Great job.  While building lists, can you design them to support large collections?  I will eventually record my complete game collection using this tool, so it would be nice to see a compact list that I can sort, maybe by GB review score.

Also, when can we expect a trophy system?  Personally, that system will boost my site activity.  It's just fun to collect those things, you know?