#1 Edited by Aegon (5544 posts) -

Same as last year, only this time will be the last. This thread is for discussion of the final season of Dexter. Will it disappoint? Will it meet or surpass expectations? Tune in starting June 30th when the season premiers. So, what's it gonna be? Dexter kills Deb? Deb kills Dexter? I'm not really sure what an appropriate ending for the show would be, but maybe it's better to go in without trying to figure it out. For now, here's a trailer and a scene displaying the animosity.

#2 Edited by dudeglove (7770 posts) -

Debs has to kill Dex, as much fun as it would be to see Dex sitting on a beach sipping a cocktail in a Hawaiian shirt.

#3 Posted by spankingaddict (2661 posts) -

I don't want Dexter to end :(

#4 Edited by Bocam (3724 posts) -

I like how the trailer censors the cursing.

#5 Edited by Sterling (2162 posts) -

I miss Doakes.

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6427 posts) -

The two ways I want this to end:

1. Make the final season a courtroom drama of sorts, as Dexter is arrested and undergoes his trial.

2. Robo-Doakes.

#7 Edited by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Even after the weak last season I still have to see the final one. I watched every episode so it would be wrong to stop now.

#8 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

@shagge said:

The two one way I want this to end:

1. Make the final season a courtroom drama of sorts, as Dexter is arrested and undergoes his trial.

2. Robo-Doakes.

#9 Posted by Aegon (5544 posts) -

Even after the weak last season I still have to see the final one. I watched every episode so it would be wrong to stop now.

Weak last season...?

#10 Edited by ShaggE (6427 posts) -

@shagge said:

The two one way I want this to end:

2. Robo-Doakes.

You make a fair point, sir.

#11 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Last season was definitely a return to form, especially after the the abomination that was season 6.

#12 Posted by MjHealy (1843 posts) -

Nothing that this show can throw at me can hurt. DUDE THEY KILLED DOAKES IN SEASON TWO. I still haven't gotten over it.

Also Season 7 > 6+5

#13 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

I am really looking forward to it but I am also really sad it's the final season.

#14 Posted by Flacracker (1660 posts) -

Damn already? Season 7 was good but I wish the music cues would have been better.

#15 Edited by Sterling (2162 posts) -

Hey, lets make this topic like all the Game of Thrones topics. Who wants to start talking about the books? Anyone? Oh right, they are completely different.

#16 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Calling it now, Miranda kills Dex, and Deb kills Miranda

#17 Edited by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

Did they edit out the times when Deborah says fuck in the trailer? It seems odd that you would edit that out, but leave in all the blood and stabbing.

#18 Edited by Reisz (1483 posts) -

Ugh, I'll need to stay out of this thread come July. I'm going to mainline the first six seasons once seven starts airing, I only watch Dexter once I have all of a given season. It's too much otherwise, the wait since six has been down right uncomfortable.

Fingers crossed we get to see Michael Hall in something new before too long. Man has talent.

#19 Posted by jgf (387 posts) -

Dexter died for me a long time ago with the unbelievable cheap setup where Rita died and the constant nagging from the children and baby. Man that season ruined it for me. I wanna see clean meticulously planed executions - without drama and moral preaching :)

#20 Edited by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

Callin' it. Deborah kills Dex, and we'll see a scene as he's dying with everyone coming and building a crime scene around him, but he's actually just imagining it. Deb will wrap him in plastic and dump him overboard, before leaving Miami with Harrison. But then, right at the end, we'll see him on a beach with a drink, wondering he survived afterall.

#21 Posted by probablytuna (3621 posts) -

Dexter has to die, but I don't know if Deb should be the one doing it, I think if she does she might as well kill herself. The amount of psychological stress she has endured over the years has been fucking brutal.

#22 Edited by dudeglove (7770 posts) -

@inkerman said:

Callin' it. Deborah kills Dex, and we'll see a scene as he's dying with everyone coming and building a crime scene around him, but he's actually just imagining it. Deb will wrap him in plastic and dump him overboard, before leaving Miami with Harrison. But then, right at the end, we'll see him on a beach with a drink, wondering he survived afterall.

So The Dark Knight, then.

#23 Posted by Aegon (5544 posts) -

Tonight's the night.

#24 Edited by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

I'm supes excited. I loved the last season and enjoyed the developing Deb and Dex dynamic immensely. I'll be sad to see it end because it has been my favorite show in recent history, but it definitely feels like things are coming to a head. I hope they make it interesting!

#25 Posted by Sisyphean (73 posts) -
@inkerman said:

I think I read something about how someone (Hall, maybe?) said the ending will be "clear", which I interpret to mean it won't be a cop out like that. I just hope the ending will be engaging but not overly predictable.

#26 Edited by Ben_H (3344 posts) -

Fairly predictable, especially the angle involving the doctor, but fairly good non-the-less. Those pictures he drew as a kid were messed up.

#27 Posted by SpunkyHePanda (1641 posts) -

I still like this show, but I kind of blacked out when it was revealed Deb's password is "fuckingpassword." They've lost control of this character!

#28 Posted by punkxblaze (2972 posts) -

I still like this show, but I kind of blacked out when it was revealed Deb's password is "fuckingpassword." They've lost control of this character!

Why? Profanity has always been one of Deb's prolific personality traits. That fits entirely with her hypersarcastic nature.

#29 Posted by Marokai (2903 posts) -

I think the most impressive thing about the first episode of this season is that the new actor for Harrison they got actually fucking speaks and does things now. Harrison is now an actual character on the show to be interacted with instead of a sack of potatoes the show just carries from set-piece to set-piece and occasionally just outright forgets about.

#30 Edited by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

Dexter freaking out at people gave me a nice chuckle. Decent first episode. Could have been been better.

#31 Posted by Aegon (5544 posts) -

@marokai said:

I think the most impressive thing about the first episode of this season is that the new actor for Harrison they got actually fucking speaks and does things now. Harrison is now an actual character on the show to be interacted with instead of a sack of potatoes the show just carries from set-piece to set-piece and occasionally just outright forgets about.

Yeah, real person Harrison is a nice change.

#32 Posted by FirstBossCutman (65 posts) -

I just can't believe they killed Dexter in the very first episode! Really excited to see what they do for the rest of the season.

#33 Posted by ShaggE (6427 posts) -

Bench LaGuerta is my new favorite character. A little stone-faced, but she gets the job done.

I also hope that Lila returns as a new Dexter Mind Ghost (tm) so that somebody FINALLY pardons her tits. They can't let that loose end just dangle.

#34 Edited by SpunkyHePanda (1641 posts) -

@spunkyhepanda said:

Why? Profanity has always been one of Deb's prolific personality traits. That fits entirely with her hypersarcastic nature.

It has, but I think it's gotten especially cartoonish the last few seasons. To be fair, I always found it obnoxious, but it's starting to feel like it's taken from a Dexter parody.

#35 Posted by meaninoflife42 (509 posts) -

This was a decent first episode. I was kind of shaking my head at the scenes with the new doctor character as those scenes felt a bit hammy and obvious (oh no, another character who has suspicions about Dexter,) but that final scene really made me more interested in that character.

Deb's bank password being "fuckingpassword" made me laugh my ass off.

#36 Posted by Ben_H (3344 posts) -

@shagge said:

Bench LaGuerta is my new favorite character. A little stone-faced, but she gets the job done.

Same with me. And far less annoying than Maria too.

#37 Posted by Aegon (5544 posts) -

@ben_h said:

@shagge said:

Not as good looking, but better attitude.

#38 Edited by DJJoeJoe (1324 posts) -

@aegon said:

@ben_h said:

@shagge said:

Lol, yea... that character was like a human chiwawa... always fuckin' barking and staring at people with that stupid face :S Prissy in the worst way and I don't think she ever had a scene where one could empathize with her. There were a few times where it seemed like it may go that direction, showing her slightly sad but then she'd go off and do something either reverse of what her motives seemed to be previously or just do something weird and confusing that just made anything bad that happened to her feel totally deserved. Though without her around I wonder who will turn into the human plot point now... she seemed to only exist to stir up drama for drama sake to keep 'tension' in the show... that kinda tv feels really cheap to me, battlestar often felt like that to me also.. people turning into super space racists out of no where, nothing is earned and everything just explodes constantly (not literally, I mean their emotions and shit, just going off on each other for no reason all the time)

The first episode of this last season seemed pretty good, good start points to some interesting story threads etc. I felt interested in almost everything they showed and I don't think anything felt cringe worthy! Good start!

#39 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Deb sniffing coke was whack.

Also, what kind of life is this beautiful woman leading? She's been Harrison's nanny for like 4 years, doesn't she want a career for herself? The clock is ticking, dear..

Dexter: "You still work for me?!!"

Even her love life sucks, I mean... Quinn? Damn baby.

Edit: I feel so bad for Harrison. Dexter is a shitty ass father, his son is gonna grow messed up because of this crazy father.

#40 Posted by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

I enjoyed the episode. I'm not sure how much I'm digging the new profiler lady, especially based on the previews.

@aegon said:

@ben_h said:

@shagge said:

I think I'd rather look at the bench.

Edit: I feel so bad for Harrison. Dexter is a shitty ass father, his son is gonna grow messed up because of this crazy father.

Really? I doubt he'd win any awards, but he seems to actually put effort into being a decent parent as best as he can while dealing with his fucked up side. It might only be me, but when I think of shitty ass fathers, I think about the ones who ignore their families, abuse them, beat them, or worse. Of course, if he can't keep the dark passenger from colliding with his family life, then, yea, that could fuck some things up.

#41 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I enjoyed the episode. I'm not sure how much I'm digging the new profiler lady, especially based on the previews.

@aegon said:

@ben_h said:

@shagge said:

I think I'd rather look at the bench.

@jouseldelka said:

Really? I doubt he'd win any awards, but he seems to actually put effort into being a decent parent as best as he can while dealing with his fucked up side. It might only be me, but when I think of shitty ass fathers, I think about the ones who ignore their families, abuse them, beat them, or worse. Of course, if he can't keep the dark passenger from colliding with his family life, then, yea, that could fuck some things up.

I don't know that whole last parts of the episode at the hotel where he just had him in the backseat.

#42 Posted by Landon (4139 posts) -

@shagge said:

The two ways I want this to end:

2. Robo-Doakes.

This is almost a month old post, but fuck it.

It should be both. The lawyer looks Dexter right in the eyes and says, "Your honor, I'd like to bring out my next witness". The courtroom goes into a murmur of confusion, they thought there were no more witnesses left. Beyond the courtroom door you can hear the faint sounds of gears buzzing and mechanical parts whining. The door flies open and the camera cuts to Dexters face in pure shock. Camera cuts back to mechanical feet and slowly pans upward. It settles on the face of a man we all remember, and he simply says...

#43 Posted by SilentPredator (130 posts) -

The first four/five episodes of season seven were some of the best of the series, if not the best. The Deb and Dex interactions were fantastic, Jennifer Carpenter acted her ass off. Then they introduced a new love interest and the entire thing shit the bed.

I'm hoping this season fares better. The first episode was okay and the new doctor lady could be great if used properly. I'm cautiously optimistic.

#44 Posted by ShaggE (6427 posts) -

@landon: Ooh, I like! The big twist? Robo-Doakes IS the judge. "All rise, motherfucker!"

#45 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

If this season gives me naked Yvonne Strahkovsky it will all have been worthwhile.

#46 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

@shagge said:

@landon: Ooh, I like! The big twist? Robo-Doakes IS the judge. "All rise, motherfucker!"

Now be seated, Motherfuckers.

#47 Edited by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

@hockeymask27: I'm not saying he hasn't fucked up or won't fuck up. He's obviously going through some rough shit and it's showing. I don't think that negates the fact that he's always tried to do right by his kid. You can't say that about a lot of fathers.

The first four/five episodes of season seven were some of the best of the series, if not the best. The Deb and Dex interactions were fantastic, Jennifer Carpenter acted her ass off. Then they introduced a new love interest and the entire thing shit the bed.

I'm hoping this season fares better. The first episode was okay and the new doctor lady could be great if used properly. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I was also pretty ambivalent about the love interest, but for me, the Deb and Dex stuff made up for it. Totally agree that Carpenter has really been bringing it.

#48 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

#49 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

Anyone know where I can watch this season. I cut the cord on cable about 6 months ago. And no one seems to have this show available for purchase.

#50 Posted by punkxblaze (2972 posts) -

Anyone know where I can watch this season. I cut the cord on cable about 6 months ago. And no one seems to have this show available for purchase.

Are you speaking specifically of legal means? Because, you know, the internet provides. Not that I'm condoning pihr-racy. At all.