#51 Edited by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

@ninjaberd said:

Anyone know where I can watch this season. I cut the cord on cable about 6 months ago. And no one seems to have this show available for purchase.

Are you speaking specifically of legal means? Because, you know, the internet provides. Not that I'm condoning pihr-racy. At all.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a legal means. I know you can watch episode 1 on showtime.com, I was just hoping I could get it on my roku or apple tv.

#52 Edited by Marcsman (3088 posts) -

This show is gone so far downhill after season 4. No way to replace John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer. And seriously turning Deb into basically a hooker now? Jumped the shark Season 5 without a doubt.

#53 Posted by Aegon (5376 posts) -

What does this button do?

#54 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Did anyone else burst out laughing at how Quinn drank that cup of tea or was it just me? Either way, phenomenal episode. The editing of last week's was way too punchy, this one had more pathos. Nice slow burn of an episode

#55 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Also retro Harry on VHS

#56 Edited by Aegon (5376 posts) -

@dudeglove: Yeah, the episode was nicely paced. I'm gonna say that Vogel is probably the murderer. She's the type of psychopath that enjoys making others kill. Hence why she was so quick to use someone like Dexter (through an influenceable father). She also forces others to kill, like Sussman. That's my theory for now.

#57 Posted by plaintomato (598 posts) -

Been disappointed so far. I don't really mind the story ark, they're just doing a crap job of portraying it naturally and intelligently. For some reason a lot of the dialogue seems forced like it's used to narrate the story more than to act it out. It reminds me in a way of the Matrix sequels where they just have to say too much too clearly because surely the audience can't be trusted with any interpretive responsibility.

It makes the characters feel weak, unnatural, shallow and underdeveloped - lacking the intelligent depth they should have after seven seasons. So far it's like a new Season One, with a new one-season pony (mother figure this time?) for a new audience instead of a grand finale for long time fans. I find myself replacing the dialogue in my head with something more natural just to be able to patiently enjoy the story arc as it moves along.

Here's hoping the show will redeem itself after they get done making sure it is RidiculouslySuperCrystalClear who the players are and what their roles and motivations are supposed to be.

#58 Edited by Aegon (5376 posts) -

Ha, a random encounter with a cannibal. That even disgusted Dexter.

Also, lol at "that was interesting."

#59 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Yeah so this season is pretty bad so far. As @plaintomato: said the writing just seems really forced and it just makes the acting seem really unnatural. It's a bummer that they seem to be ending on such a low note but this is nothing new to shows that I enjoy. Just hoping Breaking Bad does it right.

#60 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

I thought it was okay. Never really digged Quinn. Also, why does Hollywood hate gay people and turn them into crazy cannibals?

#61 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

As someone who stopped watching habitually watching the show since season 4, it's about fucking time this train wreck is coming to an end.

#62 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Can someone please explain to me who that black female cop is who just, like, turns up out of the blue? It's like she came out of fucking nowhere like the Simpson's episode of Poochy one or two seasons ago. I'm not sure I even know her name.

#63 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

@dudeglove: new detective to replace Mike? Don't forget 6 months have passed, so they just slotted her in.

She's already had more character development than the other homicide detectives whose sole defining characteristics are that they are old and they show up when the whole squad gets called together for something.

#64 Posted by oliver (123 posts) -

dexter being going downhill since season 5 al the dark humour and great cinematography check the liteing on the 4 seasons compared to now dull like a soaps

but im glad they got the balls to end it and last years was a lil goofyy but better and the 5 and 6. 3 episodes of this years have great nice to see dexters acitos ruined debs life and become less of a good guy

#65 Posted by Aegon (5376 posts) -

That was an...interesting move by Debb. First time Dexter was so very close to dying. Also interesting to see her reaction to what she had done. That fisherman saved Dex's life.

#66 Edited by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Ungh you're overdoing the cliffhangers, writers.

#67 Posted by Marcsman (3088 posts) -

I hope Dr. Vogel winds up in some plastic wrap. That bitch flat out annoys me.

#68 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

After the rather good and exciting seventh season, we're back to POINTLESS DRAMA?

I'm halfway through the latest episode and I'm so fucking bored o.O Fuck deb, lets see some dextering, there's none of that left anymore! This is like assassin's creed where the games are no longer about assassinating..

Dexter working on the 'deb problem' which consists of doing absolutely nothing for extended periods of time = BORING

angel preaching to quinn = BORING

quinn's fake ass relationship with the eternal babysitter = BORING

also fuck McLovin fogell

fuck im pissed

EDIT: OH SHIT DAT ENDING

#69 Posted by SilentPredator (122 posts) -

Can someone please explain to me who that black female cop is who just, like, turns up out of the blue? It's like she came out of fucking nowhere like the Simpson's episode of Poochy one or two seasons ago. I'm not sure I even know her name.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think she's been on the show for a couple seasons before this. She was just always a background detective who now suddenly has a couple lines.

I really don't like how they're making Vogel evil. We don't need another character encouraging Dexter's bad habits. Also, if we don't get Dexter revealing he killed his brother to Deb, then I'm going to be pissed. That was kind of a big deal.

#70 Edited by Ben_H (3289 posts) -

Not sure what to think of today's episode. Will have to ponder it a bit.

#71 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Man this show sucks now. Makes me sad.

#72 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

What the fuck happened last night?

#73 Posted by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

What a bummer. The seventh season really had me going. Now we've got Vogel, the Quinn-Jamie-Batista triangle, Dex taking on an apprentice....blah blah blah. So many disparate and unenjoyable threads that aren't even being well-executed. Just have Dex kill everyone and bone Deb. Let's get weird. At least it wouldn't be so boring. I hope they can bring this shit together by the end.

#74 Posted by csl316 (7949 posts) -

The most interesting plot element this season was Deb's reaction to the Laguerta business. But now that that's seemingly wrapped up? I honestly don't know what to expect for the last 6 episodes.

This does not feel like an endgame.

#75 Posted by stinky (1543 posts) -

After the rather good and exciting seventh season, we're back to POINTLESS DRAMA?

I'm halfway through the latest episode and I'm so fucking bored o.O Fuck deb, lets see some dextering, there's none of that left anymore! This is like assassin's creed where the games are no longer about assassinating..

Dexter working on the 'deb problem' which consists of doing absolutely nothing for extended periods of time = BORING

i've reached my limit with deb. it's the same thing every season, "i can't handle this, i can't handle that."

only thing i can predict about this last season is that Quinn will have to make a decision for or against Deb at some point. they keep telegraphing how much he loves her this season out of the blue.

#76 Posted by plaintomato (598 posts) -

They haven't given much hope for it to be a really great season, but I feel like at least now that they've hit the reset button and wrapped up a six-episode mini-season we at least have a chance at a good second-half. I just can't believe they wasted HALF of the FINAL season to get across the mother-figure-gets-dexter-to-consider-a-protege thing.

#77 Posted by punkxblaze (2947 posts) -

Vogel's Ex Husband is the brain surgeon. Calling it. Because no fucking way was it Yates. He was the creepy break toes shoe killer.

#78 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Please let there be a murderous rampage and Misuka emerges as the hero, with Miami metro exploding in a huge fireball behind him.

#79 Edited by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

The fuck? No commentary on last weekend's episode? What's wrong with y'all?

#80 Posted by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

Dexter has great seasons and ones that make you question if you want to continue. This one is making me not give a damn that the show is ending.

#81 Posted by Bocam (3665 posts) -

I kinda want the Cyber Doakes plot from the books to show up

#82 Posted by Aegon (5376 posts) -

The fuck? No commentary on last weekend's episode? What's wrong with y'all?

So far it hasn't really felt like a final season. Also, people around here seem to not give a shit right now. Maybe if things ramp up it'll be different.

#83 Posted by Sterling (2046 posts) -

This season is turning into complete shit. I had such high hopes. It started off good enough the first few episodes. Now its just a giant mess of hot garbage.

#84 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4236 posts) -

This entire season feels rushed. Deb is on the verge of self-destruction from a life changing event and that get's wrapped up in a few episodes. Dexter learns the truth about his past and meets the person responsible for who he is and that essentially get's wrapped up in a few episodes. A potential love interest is inserted into Dexter's life and that gets squashed in an episode. Deb tries to kill Dexter and that gets wrapped up in like one episode. Dexter takes on an apprentice and that goes horribly wrong within half an episode. Hannah's back and her husband seems like he could play a pretty large role in things, but nope, that gets wrapped up within one episode. And so on and so on.

It all feels like a good 2-3 seasons worth of plot crammed into one. I wouldn't say I hate it, it certainly has it's moments, but it's hard to get invested in any one thing because it's resolved within no time at all. How long was the staff aware that this was the last season? because it feels like they found out the day before filming.

#85 Posted by Sterling (2046 posts) -

@babychoochoo: It was known this was the last season well before they finished making the prior season.

#86 Posted by SilentPredator (122 posts) -

This entire season feels rushed....

When you consider the number of threads they've opened and closed it seems rushed, but there feels like there is absolutely no sense of urgency to anything going on. And now that I sit here and think about it, what impact has Vogel actually had on Dexter? Her role has been primarily to help Deb, but you'd think meeting the person who essentially created you (at least from who Dexter is and what he does) would have some kind of effect. But it's just been business as usual for Dexter. And the whole having an apprentice is fucking dumb. How many goddamn times does Dexter have to make the same mistake?

Also, fuck Quinn. His story is super fucking boring and it's taking up too much time.

#87 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Previously, on Dexter..

This blood boiling time-filler excuse of a season in a nutshell

#88 Posted by ZolRoyce (621 posts) -

Also, fuck Quinn. His story is super fucking boring and it's taking up too much time.

Agreed, but I think they are setting it up that way to have some sort of confrontation towards the end between Quinn and the kid Dexter tried to take under his wing for like 2 minutes, it's still annoying, but hopefully it is at least leading somewhere.

Besides, the more we see of Quinn, the more we see of Aimee Garcia and that is so very fine with me.

#89 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@zolroyce said:

@silentpredator said:

Agreed, but I think they are setting it up that way to have s

ome sort of confrontation towards the end between Quinn and the kid Dexter tried to take under his wing for like 2 minutes, it's still annoying, but hopefully it is at least leading somewhere.

Besides, the more we see of Quinn, the more we see of

Aimee Garcia

and that is so very fine with me.

I love her tits, yes, but her role is so damn dullllll.. She's like 30 years old and she's still babysitting that fucking kid and tip-toeing around Dexter's weirdness as a "boss," what kind of fucking character is that? Is she gonna babysit and have sex wonderfully til she drops dead one day?

#90 Posted by ZolRoyce (621 posts) -

@jouseldelka: Oh, I agree, it's dull, and now that you brought it up, you are right, it's odd for a 30 year old to still be a Babysitter, does she even have another job? And of course there is the character inconsistency of her pressuring Quinn to get promoted when she does the job of a 16 year old.

I'm kind of taking this season on a "I'll take what I can get basis" like I've kind of given up, there is no way it will reach the high point that was John Lithgows season. So if you want to throw has been terrible ever since he was introduced Quinn at me, fine, throw it at me, thanks for the eye candy at least. Which I know isn't the best way to take it, but, last season, halfway to almost over, not going to expect it to change/get any better now.

#91 Posted by Aegon (5376 posts) -

Dexter butt.

I dunno. At the very least, the latest episode went in a more interesting direction than what it looked like at first.

#92 Posted by punkxblaze (2947 posts) -

So there are three theories going around about the brain surgeon that I like

1: Cassie's weird boyfriend is the brain surgeon, and also Dr. Vogel's son. He's working on a twisted, modified version of the code, and the brain jars being given to Vogel are less of a threat and more of a 'look at what I'm doing, aren't you proud?'.

2: Vogel's supposedly dead ex-husband is the brain surgeon.

3: Harry Morgan isn't dead, and he's the brain surgeon. I know, that sounds super unlikely, but it would probably be the best twist the show has had in years.

#93 Posted by Aegon (5376 posts) -

@punkxblaze: HA! The Harry Morgan one is pretty funny, lol. The boyfriend is probably the most likely at this point. He said he didn't recognize Zack even though we know he saw him with Dexter. That could just be do to the fact that it was a fast encounter in the dark, but for now I'll say that he's the surgeon.

#94 Posted by plaintomato (598 posts) -
@aegon said:

@punkxblaze: ...The boyfriend is probably the most likely at this point. He said he didn't recognize Zack even though we know he saw him with Dexter...

@tycobb said:

Dexter has great seasons... This one is making me not give a damn that the show is ending.

At this point, its a lock that the final season is just a huge disappointment. Not just compared to the great seasons, but compared to any season. They can end it with a bang and it won't be enough to make a good season. It's the first season that feels like just another run of the mill TV show, and yeah, it makes me not care that it's ending.

Eight episodes down and what they've done with those eight episodes could have been done in two or three. Deb had her little struggle sideshow, Dexter has a mommy figure, Hanna's back and there's a killa on the loose. That's it. In eight episodes. Four episodes to go and presumably the real plot starts with episode nine?

Everyone knows for the big finale they have to screw up Dexter's life and get him close to getting caught along with the expected main character death or two. They're going to do that in four episodes? There's been no tension or build up or anything to care about.

#95 Edited by Pr1mus (3771 posts) -

There's a 5-10 minute stretch in the middle of last night's episode when Dexter finds the motel room where Zack is and until the scene between Hannah and Deb and Dex and Zack walk in the room where they could have added a sitcom laugh track without changing anything else in the scene.

This season is a such a shit show. Nothing is moving forward for super long stretches at a time and then they rush everything quickly to compensate like the end of last episode.

In a vacuum i don't think the season is as bad as season 6 but considering what happened last season and that the show is moving towards its conclusion in 4 episode it becomes by far the worst season. Unless they decide to really bury anything good remaining about it and go for a 9th season...

TV shows just don't stay good for that long. This should have ended after season 6. Deb should have found out about Dex at the end of season 5. This would have saved us from that filler of a season that was 6 that served no purpose other than giving Deb another opportunity to catch Dexter in the act at the end of the season.

#96 Edited by plaintomato (598 posts) -

Anyway, no way the killer is the boyfriend. If he's not a straight up red herring he's just yet again another brain surgeon plant. Eight episodes in we have to know the brain surgeon pretty well by now, which means it's either Hanna getting her revenge or Vogel is a mastermind psycho. Vogel is the obvious choice and the only one that really adds any value to the eight episodes so far - so the only question is whether they've been building up for the obvious choice or just making Vogel look psycho to keep suspicion off Hanna.

What a waste of a final season when they have the creative freedom to really go psycho. This should be airing on Lifetime.

#97 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

I have come to the conclusion that this show is just not a good tv show. Like it is offensively bad because there were a few good seasons. I didn't even bother to watch the whole episode last night. Got about 20 minutes in and decided its not worth my time. I have never done this to an episode of Dexter but man.

#98 Posted by punkxblaze (2947 posts) -

Anyway, no way the killer is the boyfriend. If he's not a straight up red herring he's just yet again another brain surgeon plant. Eight episodes in we have to know the brain surgeon pretty well by now, which means it's either Hanna getting her revenge or Vogel is a mastermind psycho. Vogel is the obvious choice and the only one that really adds any value to the eight episodes so far - so the only question is whether they've been building up for the obvious choice or just making Vogel look psycho to keep suspicion off Hanna.

What a waste of a final season when they have the creative freedom to really go psycho. This should be airing on Lifetime.

Vogel seems unlikely because of the fact that we've been showing her receiving brain packages so often and being shocked/horrified by it. By herself. Why would she deliver brain packages to her own door and act scared by it with no one around to see?

I mean, yes, she is connected to the brain surgeon somehow, that much is clear, but I don't think she is the brain surgeon herself.

#99 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Even the sex scene was disappointing, extreme lack of tits and moaning, why the fuck am I still watching this shit show?

#100 Posted by Sterling (2046 posts) -

What about Masuka's daughter that just showed up out of no where? Does no one else suspect her of being the brain surgeon?