Did I do the right thing, or was it a poor choice? Your thoughts?

• 84 results
Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By deathstriker666

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

You did the right thing, man. The rest of you are dicks. "I would've told her to fuck off." What a crock of shit. You would've politely said you had no phone and drove away, leaving her stranded. My conscience would've fucked with me for hours after that if I just drove off. I'm no saint by any means, but in those types of scenarios my mind always goes to the "What if it was me?" line of logic. It's good to be cautious, but like he said, it's fucking Oklahoma.

My thoughts exactly. OP here didn't do anything wrong. There was no need to get more involved, and I'm sure most people would probably not want to get more involved for a variety of reasons.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Winternet

In life/videogame, these choices you have to make will affect your karma or alignment. At the end of your life/videogame you realize that none of these decisions matter, except for 2 or 3 key ones, like who you got married with or if you saved Wrex or not.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By krazy_kyle

You did the right thing but you need to be careful with who you trust. She could have pulled a weapon on you a you could have been robbed of a car etc.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Was that a typo? Feeling awkward while sitting next to a girl as she talked and talked after buying her a drink ......thats when you smile and walk away from the BAR.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By iam3green

yes you did. i would not have let her in your car. she probably plans on robbing you or something like that some time from looking at your registration. 

if nothing happened then i guess it's ok.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By bombHills

I still want to know the question I have seen asked over and over.. Was she hot?

I probably would have done the same except I don't think I would have let it go on that long. After 20 min or so I would have made up some excuse and put her ass on the curb, unless she was super hot.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheFreeMan

Sounds like you were being a decent human being to somebody who needed some help. I really don't see a problem. As long as you weren't like "here, hold my keys while I go buy drinks!" then I'd say you acted alright.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#58  Edited By Hector

@OllyOxenFree said:

@Muerthoz said:

While you were inside buying drinks, she was still inside your car searching for your registration. She got your address off the registration and she is going to rob you later (or maybe swing by your house for trick-or-treating).

Also, she might have turned your phone into an activator for a bomb. You might be getting a call from Death soon...

I got a good laugh out of that comment. haha

Mikkel1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Mikkel1939

Lol, I was about to troll my ass off in here... Then I started to read it...

I'm danish (yesh, like the pasty, trolololo and so on....) the crime is really low here, compared to the US fx...

I think you did the right thing... Perhaps you should have asked her 'bout she was 'ok' going with those guys, or personally have given her a lift to whereever she was gonna go.

aaaand... mate, you should have gotten her number. Not to get in a relationship, but to make sure that she had someone to call, or just so you could make sure that she was ok...

People who do what you did, make the world worth living in. You did a good job.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By JasonR86

Have we found out whether she was hot yet? Not that that would change whether this was right or wrong but...you know, the OP deserves a date for that night of nonsense. At least a number.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BonOrbitz

IMO you did the right thing, especially letting her go. She seemed really nice but her sketchy stories and "friends" tells me she's bad news, untrustworthy and not worth hanging around with.

Mikkel1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mikkel1939

Agreed! Arent you happy guy who wrote this? You made a guy who made this acc to be trollin' out on others, to be nice and friendly and serious....

I blame the Taleworlds admins for muting me....

Mikkel1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mikkel1939

@bonorbitz: You never know mate... She migth just have some trouble right now.... Everyone can be straightened out! EVERYONE! Often they just need a little help, what you americans fail to udnerstand... Put them in jail instead of helping them...

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By auspiciousqueue

You lost me after Oklahoma...

Mikkel1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Mikkel1939

@auspiciousqueue: READ IT YOU WANKER! ITS WELL WRITTEN! OTHERWISE, GTFO! As you americans say!

CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By CitizenSlug

Sorry everyone for taking so long to reply. I have been at work, and unable to respond. Thanks for all the replies, I've got some good laughs, interesting views, and brutally honest information. I really appreciate it. This has also got way more attention than I expected it would, and I am pressed for time, but I'll try to answer a few things as best as I can.

I had anything that was of any value on me, and I didn't let her hold onto my phone, or keys, or wallet, when I went in to get drinks. Nothing else in my car is worth anything at all. If she stole a burnt CD, which she didn't, then whatever. The only thing in there would be the registration, and i'm not sure how it is elsewhere, but the one I have doesn't have any real personal information on it, and it seems to be out of date lol. But I guess that doesn't mean that some of those numbers on in could be used to gain information.

Redbliss, Slag, and those who thought alike. Thank you, I'm glad you are straight forward with your answers. To try to answer several questions at once, I'll start out with the one people keep asking. Was she hot? The answer, she was attractive, yes. But super hot, I'm going to have to say no. And no, I don't believe she was a hooker or anything. She didn't act slutty, or dressed as such. But was dressed, and acted like someone who was trying to get from point A to B. But I wasn't cruisin the streets to get my creep on, so no I wasn't trying to hit on, make advances, take advantage of her while we sat there. That just seems wrong. Getting to the point of what Redbliss and Slag said, I want to believe that looks didn't play a role, and I believe I did it out just being a nice guy. But in reality, looks, and that she was a female, were probably subconsciously the reason I allowed such thing to happen. Thinking about the situation, if it would have been some random dude, or some crackhead popping out of the shadows, I probably WOULD of been much more wary. She looked, and acted like a nice person. And like I said, although it doesn't excuse my judgement, where I live in Oklahoma has very low crime rate. But yes, such things can be deceptive about a persons actual intentions. I am lucky it hadn't been some serial killer, or I might not be here telling this story.

Like I said, I'll probably never know if all that she was telling me was actual truth. Maybe I'm just some big dope who allowed a girl to selfishly con me into something I didn't see, and maybe her and her friends drove off laughing at my dumbass. But, so far, it doesn't seem like she had malicious intentions, and, except the possibility of that expired registration, she gained nothing except my time and a ride to her friends place. Nothing appeared stolen, and she was able to call her friends for help. So maybe I really did help her? She did end up telling me her name near the end of the two hours, and I told her mine. She also wanted me to add my number to her iTouch, so she could "repay" me for helping her out and being a nice person. What she means by that, I don't completely know. I told her it was unnecessary, and I didn't mind helping her out, but instead, that hopefully everything works out for her. I as well gained nothing but a hug, and her saying she was glad she ran into me at QuikTrip. She went her way, I went mine. I plan on no further contact.

Now I don't want people to think I am trying to prop myself up as some hero of selflessness, because I have some of my own selfish tendencies. But I really don't mind helping people out in need, and I try to keep the mindset of do unto others (not meant to be taken religiously). Although people like that tend to get taken advantage of, I hate seeing human beings not wanting to help one another out, and though I generally keep to myself, I won't be that person who doesn't help.

@Twisted_Scot: No it was not a typo, but maybe I said it wrong. The predicament I found myself in, was what was mostly awkward. But if you must know, I am an extremely shy and quiet individual, so I did feel in a socially awkward position as well. But I'm not here trying to discuss advice with women, I am her to see what others would have done. So I apologize for not being the king of conversation with the ladies.

Long posts and replies seem to follow me around, so sorry to the TL;DR bunch. But hopefully this clears up a bit for the other sum of you.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Example1013

This is stupid. Why did I click on it? Are you looking for validation of some sort? Why do you care so much about the opinions of people on the internet?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jimbo

I dunno, just trust your judgement and common sense.

I'd rather live in a society where people are generally inclined to help and sometimes get suckered into something, than one where everybody is so paranoid about something going wrong (or looking naive) that they are no longer prepared to help somebody out. I think you did the right thing, and if she'd stuck a knife in your kidney and stolen your wallet, I'd still think you did the right thing.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just a product of where I live - I live in a small town in rural England which has about zero violent crime, virtually no chance of anything bad happening if you stop to help somebody, no authority around (so we are used to taking care of shit ourselves, within reason) and everybody knows everybody else. So I guess it's pretty easy for me to say that I'd offer help.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By Barrock

Sounds like you were a nice human being and attempted to help someone who was in a shitty situation. You weren't conned or hurt in any way so I think you made the right choice.

One thing you might do is google her name, and check Facebook. I'm not saying add her, just look at her profile if possible.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nail1080

@Example1013 said:

This is stupid. Why did I click on it? Are you looking for validation of some sort? Why do you care so much about the opinions of people on the internet?

Yes point is valid for this topic, as the story is so insignificant.

Hey guys guess what, I went for a dump today.

What are your thoughts/opinions? Have you been in a similar situation with a complete stranger? And what would you have done in my position?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Example1013

@nail1080 said:

@Example1013 said:

Yes point is valid for this topic, as the story is so insignificant.

Hey guys guess what, I went for a dump today.

What are your thoughts/opinions? Have you been in a similar situation with a complete stranger? And what would you have done in my position?

Even if it weren't, looking for validation on the internet is stupid. For all he knows we're all 28, work part-time jobs at McDonald's, and spen 30 hours a week in our parents' basements playing WoW and masturbating furiously to anime girls, which means placing us in a position of authority on the matter would be ridiculous, stupid, and possibly dangerous.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Sambambo

You are wondering if letting someone use your phone and talking to them for a bit was the right thing?

What was the alternative?

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Poppduder

You seem like good people. I like you. edit: almost 3 years coming to giant bomb and thats my 69th post :-3

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By teh_destroyer

Did you at least touch her shoulder?

CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By CitizenSlug

@Example1013: @nail1080: It is insignificant, and like I said, in reality it's not a big deal. So I can understand why it sounds dumb and or stupid. Maybe I was in fact looking for some validation, or curious? I know of the peoples opinions of who surround me here where I live, but the internet is full of people from different places and with different experiences. Even if they are 28 and work part time at McDonald's. I was just wanting to see others opinions, and if they had any similar experiences. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry for wasting your time. :)

@SuperSambo: I suppose the alternative would of just been telling her no, or making up an excuse why I couldn't help. But my conscious, would of weighed heavy on the fact of leaving her there alone.

@teh_destroyer: Yeah, I guess you could say that, lol.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Guys, wtf? You're really starting to drop the ball over here. 30 posts and no

No Caption Provided

I'm disappointed Giantbomb.

If it is not on page 1 this mission is a failure.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By shaunk

I would have let her chill. But after all those weird excuses I would have made an excuse to get her to leave. That sounds like some shady shit to me.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Example1013

@Errordotocx: It's not that it's a waste of my time, but most of the people here aren't people you'd want advice from. You may be looking for other people's opinions, but get opinions from people you know and trust, and you don't know any of us, and you shouldn't trust any of us. Well, you can trust me, but I don't know about the rest of these guys.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By xdaknightx69

her "friends" sound like douchebags , i would never ask a friend in need for gas money or make them wait 2 fucking hrs before i came to pick him/her up, unless it was something i couldn't get out of.

should have taken her number though maybe just to check up on her.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Wow, this thread is a pretty stunning indictment of the social skills of many members of this community.

You did the right thing, and I would have done it the same except I probably would have driven her somewhere.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By minotaka

Yeah, seems a lil fated :D, sounds like you did a good job buddy :))

Enjoy BF3 :D

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By Deleth

@Example1013 said:

@Errordotocx: It's not that it's a waste of my time, but most of the people here aren't people you'd want advice from. You may be looking for other people's opinions, but get opinions from people you know and trust, and you don't know any of us, and you shouldn't trust any of us. Well, you can trust me, but I don't know about the rest of these guys.

But because he doesn't know any of us he can actually talk to us without holding back. You might not get the answer you want from people you would like to answer you but you're getting an answer. Mostly a brutal honest one from people who have no reason to lie to you or hold back in any kind of way.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#83  Edited By Hizang

Never wash that seat.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Mmmslash

Everyone asking if she was hot or not boggles my mind. Clearly this is a woman who is so completely used up by life, she is very much the last person you ever want to be involved with sexually, or emotionally.