Did You Find the Judd Apatow Sketch Funnier Than His Movies?

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JoblessTerence

I thought that was definitely the highlight of the Oscars and probably the funniest thing Judd Apatow has ever written. It was so funny that it even got my dad, who detests those kind of movies, to laugh out loud.

Oh, and answer what the title asks.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

No. I didn't think the sketch was very funny at all, while Judd Apatow's movies are hilarious.

JoblessTerence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JoblessTerence
Milkman said:
"No. I didn't think the sketch was very funny at all, while Judd Apatow's movies are hilarious.
"
Really? I felt that the jokes were funnier and their terrible taste in movies just added so much to the comedy.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I don't really dig the way the Apatow crew does comedy.  I dig improvisation, that's cool and all, and I'm all for being upfront and vulgar.  However, Apatow's crew does TOO MUCH improv.  Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly's level of improv is about where it should be, but they push it too far.

Will and John have the scene figured out, and they just work out ways to make the line funnier.  Apatow's crew, however, pound a joke into the ground until it's dead as shit...and then the scene drags out forever and ever and ever.  I mean, was Pineapple Express even a MOVIE?  It seemed more like someone pointed the camera at actors with no script and said "go, try to be funny, we'll cut in about 30 minutes".

However, I loved Knocked Up, and I enjoyed Forgetting Sarah Marshall...despite the amount of sausage I had to see.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I actually haven't seen any of his movies, but I thought the bit was great. Wait wait, didn't he direct the 40 Year Old Virgin also? Okay, I saw that. I thought it had some funny parts but was outrageously overrated and overall not that great. I do need to see Pineapple Express, though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
TheGreatGuero said:
"I actually haven't seen any of his movies, but I thought the bit was great. Wait wait, didn't he direct the 40 Year Old Virgin also? Okay, I saw that. I thought it had some funny parts but was outrageously overrated and overall not that great. I do need to see Pineapple Express, though."
If you thought 40 Year Old Virgin wasn't that great, then you will be sorely disappointed with Pineapple Express.

IMO, 40 Year Old Virgin was the downfall of Steve Carell's amazingness.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose

That sketch wasn't funny at all. The funniest part of the oscars was Tina Fey's and Steve Martin's speech. Big props to Ben Stiller as Joaquin Phoenix though.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Geno

Neither Judd Apatow or his movies are funny. It's just that he only makes them about stoners, and stoners are funny by nature.